Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If people get banned, there's a reason for it. If people get banned innocently, they can contact Blizzard and have their case reviewed and, if truthfully wrongful, have their ban removed. No need for such a realm, really. Sounds quite silly.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    I thought that was Australia.
    (no, really)
    Yes, it was Australia.

make a realm filled with assholes who did something bad enough to get suspended forever? no thanks!

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    A server where you can go and play if you have been permanently banned from World of Warcraft? I think they already did this.

They called it "Rift".

/trollface
    wow, they dont have to be THAT harsh!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Short answer: No.

Reason: Because, why on Earth would they reward those who commit a ban-able offense? They've obviously got a HUGE reason for banning someone permanently from the game, and creating a realm where they can continue to play would almost be justifying this behavior... "Oh, it's okay if I bot/buy gold/sell gold/spam/scam people/buy an account/sell an account/harass people, because Blizzard will just send me to the ban realm!"... Not to mention, can you IMAGINE what the economy/community on that server would be like? It would quite literally be inexistent, everyone bot-ing and putting the stuff on the AH would keep the supply so high that demand could never match it, not to mention all the scams... "LF Enchanter to Enchant Hurricane - My mats!" "Oh, I got Hurricane" /trade /logoff...

Edit: This seems like a Troll post to me...
    You just made a point, and then beat it with your own arguments. You fail xD

Also i kinda like the idea of a realm like this. It would be fun to play on. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Allefrans View Post
    Me myself have never been permanently banned, only have had my account banned for 24 hours maximum.

I feel no pity for the ones getting banned for example boting and such, since it destroys peoples gameplay, but having their account suspended for ever seems a bit lame. There are innocents who gets banned aswell!

I'd say Blizzard should make a "exiled"-realm for those who have been banned where there are no rules, and they cannot migrate or anything like that. Just play. And cheat. Like a prison but a realm. The name of this server should ofc be Azkaban!
    Dumbest thing i've ever read.

I think i...yea...h...I actually felt my brain implode a bit while reading that...

10+ Year Old Account
    The ideas which have been thought of, are now in the realm of useless ideas which have no need or meaning to anyone.

Seriously they got banned they can't play period, end, finished, fin.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    i think they tried something like this before .... and then they called it USA :P
    Haha, thats a good one.

OT: No, i dont think the anyone getting a ban deserves anything other than a ban.

15+ Year Old Account

If they make a banned people only server the ''Position in queue: over NINE THOUSAAAAND !'' thread will show up on these forums way more often

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    You just made a point, and then beat it with your own arguments. You fail xD
    How so? If you're suggesting the economy and server community would be a GOOD thing on this server, I doubt Blizzard would agree with you. They generally do not like people scamming others, or nuking the economy to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    runescape had this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    runescape had this
    How dare you mention that game on these forums??

BEGONE YOU TRAITOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    How so? If you're suggesting the economy and server community would be a GOOD thing on this server, I doubt Blizzard would agree with you. They generally do not like people scamming others, or nuking the economy to the ground.
    Exacly, economy and everything about the realm would be terrible, so that would be their punishment and not a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    A ban is a ban. The purpose of a ban is to get rid of someone. I honestly, really don't see the point of even punishing cheaters and other repeat offenders if the punishment is a sandbox for them to do whatever they want. This has been brought up in non-WoW context so many times before, and I say again as I said then: Why put work, money and effort on people who you don't want playing?
    Ultima Online had a shard called Abyss. It was a do anything you want Test shard. It was so popular that they had to take it down because people weren't playing the real shards.

Diablo had the Open Bnet. Botters, cheaters, and hackers had a blind eye turned towards them.

Having an "Open" realm would do a lot for the game. Make the Realm "open" and make punishments for botters.. ect, more severe on the regular servers, with IP bans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    i think they tried something like this before .... and then they called it USA :P

p.s JOKE !
    I thought it was Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Allefrans View Post
    Me myself have never been permanently banned, only have had my account banned for 24 hours maximum.

I feel no pity for the ones getting banned for example boting and such, since it destroys peoples gameplay, but having their account suspended for ever seems a bit lame. There are innocents who gets banned aswell!

I'd say Blizzard should make a "exiled"-realm for those who have been banned where there are no rules, and they cannot migrate or anything like that. Just play. And cheat. Like a prison but a realm. The name of this server should ofc be Azkaban!
    Best idea ever dude... i would so get banned to play there

They already have this, it's called a private server.

What would the point of this be?

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Exacly, economy and everything about the realm would be terrible, so that would be their punishment and not a reward.
    My point was this: why would Blizzard make a realm that goes against everything they stand for (e.g. a decent economy) even as a "punishment"? The punishment is those people no longer being able to play the game they may or may not have enjoyed playing.

Logic fail.