Buggy 10 man HM Magmaw

My guild has been working on Magmaw for 2 nights so far and we are getting the hang of the fight pretty well. If it were up to us we could reliably get to the last phase with little hassle, however there seem to be several bugs/stupid-things that can potentially mess us up. Hopefully some of the things are avoidable and we are just unaware of how to do it

1. People jumping on the head to grapple get tossed in fire from the constructs and immediately die.
    This seems impossible to avoid sometimes and leads to 30% of our wipes I would say. Maybe there is a way to "control" where the fire goes?

2. People being booted off the head as soon as they get on it.
    This is very random and I wouldn't believe this as an excuse if I didn't try it myself a few times and had it happen. It seems that when we click to mount the head too quickly or spam click too many times we get booted off as soon as the head raises and miss the grapple. It could be some other factor but this is what we noticed.

3. Spawns during the last phase.
    A couple of people in the raid have read that constructs don't spawn during the last phase (worms do though). We have had constructs spawn two times that we have gotten to the last phase. We were wondering if this is intentional or bad timing on our part - some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: the 2 people that do the grappling are a ret and UH DK.

1. Fire spawns on ppl so make sure no one is standing where the head will be and you won't have fire there.

Constructs shouldn't spawn sub 30%

Magmaw himself needs to reach 30% for p2 to begin. If you take the Exposed head below 30%, p2 won't begin until magmaw reappears and his health updates accordingly. You can use this to your advantage to greatly limit your time in p2, and I strongly suggest you do, as the damage is very tough to manage.

ie get Magmaw to 31% after 3 head phases, then on the 4th hero and burn, getting him to ~10% before he even starts p2. Your OT can just hold the two adds he'll have with CD's up for the short time the fight will last after that.

The throw off bug was being experienced widely, as was a big for a short period of time in which chains would just vanish, requiring them to be put back on and often resulting in a tank death to mangle. No fix, hop back on quickly if it happens.

Lastly, the fire comes from meteors which spawn on people. People cannot be within 10 yards of the spike when a meteor is coming soon.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 09:06 AM ----------

Also here is a video guide of the fight that we made. Comments appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0fuZniNU5w

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post

Lastly, the fire comes from meteors which spawn on people. People cannot be within 10 yards of the spike when a meteor is coming soon.
    Thanks for the tips guys. You both mentioned melee moving out before the construct spawns so the fire isnt near the head however doesn't the fire move at will? In a terrible terrible world isn't it still possible for the fire to move towards the head at any time regardless of how far it is? or does the fire have a specific effective movement range?

EDIT: you also mentioned being 10 yards away from the SPIKE. is that where the melee should be consistently dropped?

the fire rotates same way as the fire obstacle rotates in Mario Bros.
    Cept its much slower.

The range that the fire moves is limited quite a bit. It can't run all the way to the spike. Your melee should always drop around the right side of the spike.

Constructs will spawn sub 30% if he is in exposed head phase. As soon as he goes out of exposed head phase they will stop.