Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Looking for help with Destruction DPS

us. battle. net /wow/en/character/kelthuzad/ruyzakia/advanced
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/e9o427fkfok0us6h/sum/damageDone/?s=7878&e=8170
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/dsj4v8hcfcblt4au/sum/damageDone/?s=15215&e=15821

I am constantly getting chewed out for not pulling enough numbers getting told by officers that "I should be topping meters on all fights because warlocks are currently the best class"

I have reviewed elitist jerk threads countless times to try and maximize my DPS but I have seen little improvement

I am prepoting on all fights as well as using my doomguard when it is off CD.

What am I doing wrong?

Seems like its time to find new players to raid with seeing by the lack of dps knowledge your officers have about who should top.

Help with DPS

Sadly my options are very limited as we are currently server 5th and none of the other guilds in the "top" progression are in line with my schedule to raid besides a top 200 guild which I doubt would accept me, nor do I think I could dedicate the same time they do, plus having to race change to do it would be annoying.
    Or the other guilds in top are either 10man just starting 25mans or are strict 10 or just are basically full on Warlocks.
    Hoping Gherkin will reply here and tell me if I'm playing badly or not.

I'm just getting annoyed with officers making comments, we recruited a warlock the other day who beat me on one fight (Magmaw) simply because he was Demonology spec'd and for the past 3 weeks we have only had a Frost DK on the adds, so I was Destruction obviously. I can honestly careless the fact that he beat me does not matter the fact that one of the officers made a comment "Look at our scrub warlock getting out dps'd by someone in greens" which was actually not the case the Warlock was actually more gear'd then I was (In terms of relative Avg Item Level. I had a epic MH/OFF hand with power torrent, but no teir pieces, while he was rocking a 2 piece at the time.) He was also attacking the adds, so his dps was completely skewed in his favor simply because I was not as I was Destruction spec, and we have not been attacking the adds. And it comments like that, that I get constantly directed at me and all of our other warlocks, which some of which are actually not that great but they are not "" Either as our officers constantly tell us.
    We have been told countless times that they are in the process of replacing us for Warlocks who can actually play.

Should also note that it is always the Spriest(Who of course is an officer) who makes these comments, when his dps is carried by 4 Dark Intents and no one seems to comment on that he barely beats me even though he has far better gear and insane buff to his DPS.
    Last edited by RuyzakiaPCG; 2011-03-01 at 04:40 PM.

have you gotten any gear since the logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
    Never underestimate Blizzard's aptitude when it comes to nerfing Warlocks.

A) Warlocks are not the best. As much as I love playing one, we're not the undisputed best. At the advent of 4.0.6, there was a BiS class/spec list covering every class spec combination with Destro locks at #3, not #1.

B) Not sure about your personal stat weights, but most Destro locks have Haste higher weighted than Crit. So you might consider using a tool like CharDev (http://chardev.org) to see if replacing a couple pieces and then reforging appropriately might lend you more haste.

C) There's not exactly enough data here for a decent sample size to determine if you are in fact underperforming. That you were slightly out-dps'd by a shadow priest could easily be an RNG factor, or an outcome of fight mechanics. If you got Lightning Rod several times, then you'd do much less dps when you ran from the raid. Likewise, TAC phase 1 melee is practically tank and spank, since each boss has a decent size hitbox (so getting beaten by melee is semi-acceptable), while ranged dodge the waterbomb.
    Basically, without a consistant level of underperforming on multiple boss fights, I don't know if you're doing anything wrong mechanically.

@ Grimnights Tier Legs and Mantle of Roaring flame.

Quote Originally Posted by RuyzakiaPCG View Post
    us. battle. net /wow/en/character/kelthuzad/ruyzakia/advanced
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/e9o427fkfok0us6h/sum/damageDone/?s=7878&e=8170
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/dsj4v8hcfcblt4au/sum/damageDone/?s=15215&e=15821

I am constantly getting chewed out for not pulling enough numbers getting told by officers that "I should be topping meters on all fights because warlocks are currently the best class"

I have reviewed elitist jerk threads countless times to try and maximize my DPS but I have seen little improvement

I am prepoting on all fights as well as using my doomguard when it is off CD.

What am I doing wrong?
    infernal > doomguard even in single target fights.

Yeah I have been having some issues getting higher haste. Hopefully once I get a Helmet of of Nefarian this weekend things will change about haste levels(or a pair of shoulders off of cho'gall)

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 04:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeno View Post
    infernal > doomguard even in single target fights.
    Alright I did not know that, so I will start doing that untill the patch. Didn't realize Infernal did more damage ST, guess going with the most logical option is bad any more as Blizzard cannot properly design anything correctly anymore.
    Last edited by RuyzakiaPCG; 2011-03-01 at 04:49 PM. Reason: misread a post.

you havnt used shadow flame at all in that fight why ? its around 1.5k dps increase to use it on cd bane on ice and dps the fire
    also multi dot them immolate corruption ticking on both

The position I am usually in during the phase 1 on Council is not able to reach the The Ice mob

I am also assigned to the Ice boss during phase 1 along with the rest of the ranged, so I bane of Havok the Fire.. Is it a DPS increase to be on the other?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just get the fire debuff and the ice debuff guys to swap groups and the whole raid dps goes up.

And some guilds are really reluctant to stand in melee range on Feludius because people running out of glaciate is bad.

R.I.P. YARG

So is my DPS acceptable for my current gear?

ye just regem your pants its 20 int bonus on yellow socket so u lose 20 haste from using red gem in it

I would say it's acceptable. A couple of things I notice are:

- Improved Soul Fire uptime is a tad low (63%)
    - Immolate uptime could be higher (89%)
    - Time between conflag's seems a little long (10.8 sec avg)

To me, you gemming seems odd, you take the socket bonus in you chest, gloves and belt, but skip it on your helm and legs. Although it's a stupidly minor increase, but it's min/maxing just the same.

You raid leader and officers need to chill a bit though, you aren't wiping to enrage timers and your basically doing numbers close to average for your gear level. Wouldn't worry to much.

Multi dotting normally is always a dps increase, alot more timers to keep track of.
    Personally it becomes a problem in 10 never done it on 25, since the bosses need to go down evenly in TAC.
    Normally use infernal in the burn phase since it benefits from BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
    Never underestimate Blizzard's aptitude when it comes to nerfing Warlocks.

Alright, I think I just actually smiled seeing praise from you Jmickey, makes me atleast not so stressed anymore thinking I'm bad.

Never saw an issue my self with uptimes but I have ADHD so I it does not surprise me there are some issues with the uptime.

Yeah the gemming is off, was mostly to get the most hit rating out, but I suppose since I'm currently over the cap I can do some minor tweaking with those to min/max everything out as minor as it is.

And yeah the actually raiding environment has become quite stressed and been looking around currently for other guilds on the server that are decent.

Really Appreciate the reply, and I guess the goal of this thread has now been accomplished!

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GrimNights View Post
    Multi dotting normally is always a dps increase, alot more timers to keep track of.
    Personally it becomes a problem in 10 never done it on 25, since the bosses need to go down evenly in TAC.
    Normally use infernal in the burn phase since it benefits from BL.
    Never really thought of Multi Doting as Destro since I would be spending more time recasting Immolate/Corruption and using Conflag/Chaos Bolt on CD than I would be spamming Inc. But I suppose there is no harm in trying it out might try it out on Halfus tonight if we do him first.

Quote Originally Posted by RuyzakiaPCG View Post
    Never really thought of Multi Doting as Destro since I would be spending more time recasting Immolate/Corruption and using Conflag/Chaos Bolt on CD than I would be spamming Inc. But I suppose there is no harm in trying it out might try it out on Halfus tonight if we do him first.
    Well, there's a reason Incinerate is lower priority than pretty much anything else. If it were better than your DoTs anyway, you wouldn't be using your DoTs in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Well, there's a reason Incinerate is lower priority than pretty much anything else. If it were better than your DoTs anyway, you wouldn't be using your DoTs in the first place.
    this is true however consider that tracking dots on multiple target is a dps increase only if you used to it

That officer sounds like a moron - he's barely beating you and he has the cheek to tell you how much you suck? He's the one that has problems, not you. Your dps is absolutely fine for your gear level. Of course it could do with improvements, everyone can improve, but it's in no way low enough for you to be branded as 'bad'. It seems like some sort of competition in your guild and it shouldn't be. Light-hearted competition is good fun but when negative comments are thrown around when clearly they are not needed (and aren't true) it just puts pressure on you to prove yourself and it isn't that fun.

Work on what others have said in this thread and if you're still getting negative comments consider changing realms and joining another guild which actually appreciates your input (which is good input).

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are not the top class, but you should definetly be doing more dps.

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 10:16 AM ----------

Your gear is pretty nice and you should do alot more dps, but your officers are clearly ignorant assholes.