• Gohan

99 69.23%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Ultimate Showdown Rnd. 3 Match 1: Ironman vs. Gohan

Brackets located here

Match 1 features Ironman

Creation of Tony Stark, the Ironman suit gives him superhuman strength, durability, and flight, among a number of weapons. It has also been treated to resist telepaths. Stark has upgrade his suit many times to defeat his enemies. Iron Man's standard offensive weapons have always been the repulsor rays that are fired from the palms of his gauntlets. Other weapons built into various incarnations of the armor include: the uni-beam projector in its chest; pulse bolts; an electromagnetic pulse generator; and a defensive energy shield that can be extended up to 360 degrees. Other capabilities include: generating ultra-freon (i.e., a freeze-beam); creating and manipulating magnetic fields; emitting sonic blasts; and projecting 3-dimensional holograms (to create decoys).

Versus Gohan

Gohan, son of the primary protagonist Goku, is a fictional character from the Dragon Ball universe. As a child, Gohan is depicted with an immense amount of hidden powers, which at first only revealed itself when he experienced fierce rage or distress. Gohan unleashes this great power which he possessed within him when he fights Cell in the Cell Games. Gohan can also freely manipulate his chi for the use of abilities such as the Bukû-jutsu (舞空術, lit. "lighter than air skill" or "sky dancing skill"), enabling him to fly, or concentrate it into beams of chi energy blasts, such as the Kamehameha both regular and super versions or Masenko (魔閃 Masenkō, lit. "Demon Flash"). Gohan also possesses superhuman strength, as well as superhuman speed and reflexes (as seen during his training with Goten). Gohan can also use his chi in various ways, such as being able to create protective energy spheres. He was revealed to have great hidden potential which was seen when he transformed to Super Saiyan. He later showed his hidden talent by transforming into a Super Saiyan 2, during the fight against Cell. During the fight with Buu, Elder Kai unlocked his full potential, allowing him to utilise his previously dormant power. When his potential was fully unlocked, he could use all the power he could use, (even as a super saiyan 2) without transforming. Because he doesn't need to transform, he rarely transforms afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a scouter

my vote is obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man has a better suit than the Great Saiyaman, but I think I'm going to go with Gohan.

Gohan, this isn't even debatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    I don't think this is even debatable, Gohan hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

As far as I'm concerned, the DBZ universe is a hard counter for the majority of the Avengers.

Going with Gohan on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love and admire both of these characters for the roles they've portrayed, Iron Man is just a man with a weapons arsenal for body armor. Gohan, on the other hand, is indestructible in Iron Man's eyes. I mean, considering that Gohan is way stronger than Cell, and Cell has been seen to shrug off a full onslaught from a military force, I'm sure Mr. Stark's goodies wouldn't put a scratch on Gohan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Ironman; Love Adult Gohan; Dislike Kid Gohan.

Sorry Mr. Stark, but I'm gonna have to go with the Little Saiyan Who Could.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Love Adult Gohan; Dislike Kid Gohan.
    I, um, what?

Please tell me that was a typo.

Inb4 laurcus

I have to go with gohan from the few DBZ episodes I saw.

Nerf dbz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I, um, what?

Please tell me that was a typo.
    It's mostly to do with the voice and personality.

Kid Gohan's voice sucks and he's a whiny bitch. Adult Gohan is useless, but at least his voice isn't aggravating. He's a much more likable character.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find these DBZ characters slightly unfair considering they're... insanely powerful.

I like Iron Man though. He'd figure something out.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the character is omnipotent, I don't think anyone has a chance against DBZ characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Ironman, he wont have a chance agains Gohan.

Ironman's one and only chance is the Space Gem. Even with Extremis, his suit doesn't possess the power to defeat someone like Gohan.

There are two problems with using the Space Gem.

1. It requires thought. You must exercise your will over it. That takes a sec, which is more than enough time for Gohan to kill Ironman or at least take the Space Gem from him.

2. The power of the Space Gem can be resisted. The Space Gem, by itself, isn't truly omnipotent. Marvel has never made the exact requirements to resist it clear, but they have stated that it is far stronger when used in conjunction with the Power Gem. All the gems together were enough to defeat the 3 forces of the universe, but the battle was not over instantly. I would argue that it's likely that a single gem by itself is not greater than the Abstracts.

For reference, Galactus is equity, one of the 3 forces of the universe. I already gave my opinion on why Gohan would defeat Galactus in their respective vs thread, and I do not think the Space Gem could be used on Galactus without the aid of the Power Gem. I voted for Gohan, obviously.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Inb4 laurcus

I have to go with gohan from the few DBZ episodes I saw.

Nerf dbz.
    You were inb4 me, gratz?
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-07-04 at 11:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love ironman, always have but Gohan would get pissed, go SSJ2 and throw down a Kamehameha to end mr Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    As OP as I've heard supersayans are, I've never watched DBZ or enjoyed anime, therefore I'm going to root for Ironman.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Ironman and Gohan about equally but Mr.stark would be crushd like a soda can in the hands of gohan.