Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy Priest Bug - Revelations

    I recently noticed that I don't have to take the talent Revelations in order to actually cast Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctuary. When in the correct Chakra state, and using the spell in a macro, I am able to cast these spells. The current macro I am using to achieve this follows:

    /cast [exists,harm] smite; [target=mouseover,exists,nodead,help] Holy Word: Serenity
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

    I have yet to respec since finding this out, but my currenty build can be found HERE.
    I'm wondering if this is a singular event or if other people have found this out too (or maybe they just don't want to say anything because they don't want it to get fixed =P).
    Last edited by Gradywhite; 2011-03-02 at 12:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Give me a sec I will test this on my alt

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 01:54 AM ----------

    I can confirm this works

  3. #3
    Did you use my exact spec or did you change it up at all? And did you use the exact same macro?

  4. #4
    Yeah did a copy paste of macros.
    first try I used a 0/21/0 spec second I used a 9/31/ spec(only level 84)
    Not excatly same spec as you either, got Spirit of Redemption instead of Desperate Prayer

  5. #5
    I can also confirm this works. Copy pasta macros, also a slightly different spec (took Darkness 3/3, both Spirit of Red and DesPray, only Twin and Mental Agi in Disc)

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 01:19 AM ----------

    Perhaps it was an undocumented change, to "bake in" Revelations into Chakra states in general? (Pretty big thing to forget to mention though).

  6. #6
    Yeah, I doubt it was "baked in" because it would completely invalidate the entire talent and give us an extra talent point. I'm guessing it's just an overlook that has gone unnoticed for... 4 months almost?

  7. #7
    They accidentally the holy priest while messing around with disc.... XD

  8. #8
    I haven't received any type of reply on the official forums, but it's a good start to know that it can be replicated and replicated with many specs.

  9. #9
    I modified the macro to this:

    /cast [exists,harm] Holy Word: Chastise; [target=mouseover,exists,nodead,help] Holy Word: Serenity
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

    I didn't spec into Revelations. With this macro I can now cast Chastise while in Serenity or Sanctuary state simply by targeting an enemy, no need to cancel-aura out of Chakra to use Chastise.

    Just be very careful, when you are in Sanctuary Chakra if you have an enemy target instead of activating the circle spellcast for Sanctuary it WILL Chastise the enemy instead. Deselect or select a friend to ensure you can use this macro to cast Sanctuary.

    This way in PVP you can stay in Serenity, target an enemy and chastise then Serenity heal yourself. All without changing or canceling Chakra.

  10. #10
    Hmm, this sounds very useful indeed. I wonder how long this will go on unchecked. I was holding off posting this on the official forums because I kinda liked it =D, but they still haven't gotten back to me on the officials yet.

  11. #11
    well it's not gonna be around for long now that you've posted it.

  12. #12
    High Overlord Hybred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    DC, VA
    Posts
    164
    Interesting but like Mercia said, not going to be around long enough to make any drastic changes to playstyles.

  13. #13
    To me it almost seems as if all three spells are actually available to you at all times. It just seems that you only get access to one at a time through the default UI, because you only have Chastise by default in your spellbook and it morphs into Sanctuary or Serenity based on your Chakra state. But you can circumvent this with macro's, by naming a spell directly.

    Anyone able to just make 3 macro's like this? And then use them both in and out of any Chakra state. Would do it myself if I could, but I'm currently at work.

    Macro 1, target something hostile when casting, but I am guessing it's redundant as this is the default:
    /cast Holy Word: Chastise

    Macro 2:
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

    Macro 3, target self or something:
    /cast Holy Word: Serenity
    Last edited by Kaysha; 2011-03-02 at 11:53 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha
    To me it almost seems as if all three spells are actually available to you at all times. It just seems that you only get access to one at a time through the default UI, because you only have Chastise by default in your spellbook and it morphs into Sanctuary or Serenity based on your Chakra state. But you can circumvent this with macro's, by naming a spell directly.

    Anyone able to just make 3 macro's like this? And then use them both in and out of any Chakra state. Would do it myself if I could, but I'm currently at work.

    Macro 1, target something hostile when casting, but I am guessing it's redundant as this is the default:
    /cast Holy Word: Chastise

    Macro 2:
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

    Macro 3, target self or something:
    /cast Holy Word: Serenity
    I just tested it, and you need to be in the correct Chakra state to use Serenity and Sanctuary, but you can still use Chastise in and out of Chakra states.
    Last edited by Gradywhite; 2011-03-02 at 08:46 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    To me it almost seems as if all three spells are actually available to you at all times. It just seems that you only get access to one at a time through the default UI, because you only have Chastise by default in your spellbook and it morphs into Sanctuary or Serenity based on your Chakra state. But you can circumvent this with macro's, by naming a spell directly.
    This seems like the more likely issue here... and if so? WICKED LAZY PROGRAMMING, BLIZZ. I guess they were hoping people would be idiots?

  16. #16
    Interestingly enough, if you try to macro chastise -with- revelations it will cast either serenity or sanctuary (respective to chakra) instead. This may be harder for them to recode than one would think. Seems like the game basically counts them all as one spell, but maybe sanc/serenity have a hidden requirement of stance (sort of like backstab and daggers), while chastise may have a hidden requirement that only exists if you pick up revelations? Dunno, interesting find though.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Interestingly enough, if you try to macro chastise -with- revelations it will cast either serenity or sanctuary (respective to chakra) instead. This may be harder for them to recode than one would think. Seems like the game basically counts them all as one spell, but maybe sanc/serenity have a hidden requirement of stance (sort of like backstab and daggers), while chastise may have a hidden requirement that only exists if you pick up revelations? Dunno, interesting find though.
    This seems to be the case. You *DO* have to be in the proper Chakra state or "stance" to use them currently as confirmed by some testing I did earlier.

  18. #18
    I noticed the same as Skarrd, after some limited testing just before a raid. It seems that Ser and Sanc check for the corresponding Chakra, so I assumed it was only Chastise that was free. But for some reason, whenever I did a "/cast Holy Word: Chastise", it would come up with the currently active Holy Word instead.

    I didn't respec to throw Revelations out of my spec, so I couldn't check that . Could it be that Revelations actually adds a check whenever a Holy Word spell is cast? To see if it's the proper one? And that Chakra (whichever state) simply enables the corresponding Holy Word spell (without actually changing the spell icon for Holy Word)?

    Gradywhite, when you're in Chakra, but without Revelations, what does your Holy Word spell icon / tooltip show? Is it the Chastise version?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post

    I didn't respec to throw Revelations out of my spec, so I couldn't check that . Could it be that Revelations actually adds a check whenever a Holy Word spell is cast? To see if it's the proper one? And that Chakra (whichever state) simply enables the corresponding Holy Word spell (without actually changing the spell icon for Holy Word)?
    So far as I can tell, speccing INTO Revelations only results in LOSING the ability to cast Chastise while in Serenity or Sanctuary states. I can also say that the Icon for Chastise does NOT change into the corresponding Holy Word when in Serenity or Sanctuary if you do not spec into Revelations, you MUST use a macro that specifically casts Holy Word: Serenity or Holy Word: Sanctuary when in those states. But considering you can create an icon that does /cast Holy Word: Serenity just as easily you can drag an icon from your spellbook this isn't really an issue. The macro in this thread works for me perfectly, and I use HealBot to cast Serenity on my mouseover target, Sanctuary activates the circle target, and Chastise works if I target an enemy.

    As far as I can tell the icon for the macro is correctly tracking the cooldown, meaning if I am in Sanctuary and I cast Sanctuary I can't cast Sanctuary again for a bazillion years (roughly) and when in Serenity I can cast Serenity with only a conveniently short cooldown in between.

  20. #20
    This is almost as shoddy as the bug to the paladin skill conviction that was supposed to increase all healing done by 3% a stack but instead only increased healing received by 3% a stack. Similarly, no one noticed this bug until recently.

    Interns developing the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •