[PvP] The Debate: Frost Vs. Unholy.

As the title says, frost or unholy for ARENAS?
    Ive recently been stuffed to play my DK and gotten him to roughly 1850 in 2s with a paladin by using frost.
    but now im going up against a lot of healer+DPS comps and my survivability seems to of gone down a fair bit.
    if i get to the target, i wreck them, but otherwise.. its just HB spamming and a few 15-20k hits every so often.

My question is would unholy change that with their ability to not be snared?
    I seem to have lower dps with unholy even when I'm fully gemmed/reforged and ect for it as apposed to frost.. so my only worry is about not being able to get the kills against healer+DPS comps.

Cheers.

EDIT: I also dislike the fact that something like 30% of UH's damage comes from a pet.

Death's Advanced got nerfed to 60%/75% movement speed; not even worth it. Don't even bother sacrificing any points for it. However, now Necrotic Strike procs Desecration (Although it is also now affect by resil.), couple with huge burst with Gargoyle + Pet + Unholy Frenzy combined with all the other things Unholy can do, it just seems way too awesome to pass up. Unfortunately I never got to try Frost at all but I still think that Unholy is definitely going to be the best for now. But who knows, I haven't played in a bit and Unholy might have gotten nerfed too hard.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

with unholy frenzy, do i use it on my pet, or on my self to get the greatest benefit from it for burst?

Quote Originally Posted by enthus View Post
    with unholy frenzy, do i use it on my pet, or on my self to get the greatest benefit from it for burst?
    OK look at things this way. YOu are a dk, the most awesome class.

we have 4 pvp trinkets(sort of)

Unholy Frenzy(Does Damage To youself): <<<<<<The Damage part is more valuable in pvp. Why becuase it breaks any CC that breaks on Damage(Polymorph).

SO Here How I play my DK.

LichBorne: To break the Fear and Charm>Mostly agianst Warlocks.
    Unholy Frenzy: So a mage or hunter cant CC me for 30 sec.
    IceBound Fortitude: Stun Breaker, good enough to ruin the warrior charge or rogue's burst.
    PVP Trinket: Yea my backup lol.

also look at unholy and frost damage this way: L=Low M=Medium, H+high. 1 for each second.(10 sec damage)

Blood:LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLyea its always low damage.
    Frost: MMMHMMMHMHMMMMMMLMHM,it mostly medium and high are the crits. They happen a loton frost.
    Unholy: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-its consistant damage the whole fight.

You Make Your Pick, u want frost for random damage, LMH
    or you want unholy, which always stays M.
    Last edited by Cerebes; 2011-03-02 at 09:34 PM.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    OK look at things this way. YOu are a dk, the most awesome class.

we have 4 pvp trinkets(sort of)

Unholy Frenzy(Does Damage To youself): <<<<<<The Damage part is more valuable in pvp. Why becuase it breaks any CC that breaks on Damage(Polymorph).

SO Here How I play my DK.

LichBorne: To break the Fear and Charm>Mostly agianst Warlocks.
    Unholy Frenzy: So a mage or hunter cant CC me for 30 sec.
    IceBound Fortitude: Stun Breaker, good enough to ruin the warrior charge or rogue's burst.
    PVP Trinket: Yea my backup lol.

also look at unholy and frost damage this way: L=Low M=Medium, H+high. 1 for each second.(10 sec damage)

Blood:LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLyea its always low damage.
    Frost: MMMHMMMHMHMMMMMMLMHM,it mostly medium and high are the crits. They happen a loton frost.
    Unholy: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-its consistant damage the whole fight.

You Make Your Pick, u want frost for random damage, LMH
    or you want unholy, which always stays M.
    Dont forget about taunt when you're polyed to get the mages pet out of you poly.

I can only reply from what i know as a class facing both these specs. As a frost mage/disc comp, we found that we have only ever lost 1 match vs a frost dk. however, vs an unholy/x comp its a very very different story.

So my 2cents- go unholy so much more that seems to be available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Death's Advanced got nerfed to 60%/75% movement speed; not even worth it. Don't even bother sacrificing any points for it.
    LOL?
    When a rogue (or any other class with slows) slows you by up to 70% (so you move at 30% speed) being able to move at 75% speed is still awesome because it allows you to get away from your attacker if melee, or close to your attacker if caster because he himself will be slowed by 60% (so 40% movement speed) through CoI.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I just dont seem to be putting on enough pressure without gargoyle and my pet transformed at the same time to be quite honest.

I just dont seem to be putting on enough pressure without gargoyle and my pet transformed at the same time to be quite honest.
    I dont know what to tell you, I put up enough pressure with unholy and frost. U r doing something wrong.
    link ur armory.

Dont forget about taunt when you're polyed to get the mages pet out of you poly.
    Any smart mage puts their pet on passive so they don't break CC's lol >.>

OT: Frost is ftw on bursty comps. It really all depends what comp you're running and what you like. I feel like you won't get to 2200+ with frost sadly. Unholy for some reason seems to always be the dominant PvP spec. I personally prefer frost but UH definitely is the most represented spec out there for a reason.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2011-03-02 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Any smart mage puts their pet on passive so they don't break CC's lol >.>

OT: Frost is ftw on bursty comps. It really all depends what comp you're running and what you like. I feel like you won't get to 2200+ with frost sadly. Unholy for some reason seems to always be the dominant PvP spec. I personally prefer frost but UH definitely is the most represented spec out there for a reason.
    I like frost better but unholy is supreme though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My 2 cents; frost is the BG spec while unholy is mainly the arena spec. Frost is reliant on diseases...so it'll be dispelled easily

Death's Advanced got nerfed to 60%/75% movement speed; not even worth it. Don't even bother sacrificing any points for it. However, now Necrotic Strike procs Desecration (Although it is also now affect by resil.), couple with huge burst with Gargoyle + Pet + Unholy Frenzy combined with all the other things Unholy can do, it just seems way too awesome to pass up. Unfortunately I never got to try Frost at all but I still think that Unholy is definitely going to be the best for now. But who knows, I haven't played in a bit and Unholy might have gotten nerfed too hard.
    Biggest Face Palm of the day. DA is one of the best talents a DK can take atm

Unholy is the way to go, you have much more mobility. Better damage overall, Death's Advanced, better diseases(cannot be dispelled), pet stun, PET, AMZ, longer AMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Biggest Face Palm of the day. DA is one of the best talents a DK can take atm

Unholy is the way to go, you have much more mobility. Better damage overall, Death's Advanced, better diseases(cannot be dispelled), pet stun, PET, AMZ, longer AMS.
    agree with all of them except the bolded one, the bold one requires a glyph.

and its consistant damage ur diseases do a ton of damage.

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 11:26 PM ----------

do you have a DK, u don't just pop all u got at start, its call smart usage. Have u seen Death Advance in action yo. Try to fight a melee, a rogue and see how good u do.