Heroic Halfus 10man

Okay so my guild we are 10/12 Freshly formed 1 week ago so we have progressed alot and have a good group was wondering if we should attempt H halfus since he is really easy now

if so tips and tricks for this encounter please thanks

I don't even know where to begin....so many grammatical errors! *head asplode*
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-02 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    Not everyone has the time to write up a perfect post so stop hating.

Quote Originally Posted by hellanator3 View Post
    Not everyone has the time to write up a perfect post so stop hating.
    Clearly you have time to write a post and wait an unspecified amount of time for a good reply, but ok.

Ontopic: Free drakes all simultaneously, kill them all one after another. Other than that just watch for the Halfus debuffs being on the raid as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    And you cant even spell *Explode* You sure you should be commenting on stuff like that hmmmm?
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-02 at 07:46 AM.

What drakes should i release , and what should i do since now there is not debuff on the tanks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzer View Post
    And you cant even spell *Explode* You sure you should be commenting on stuff like that hmmmm?
    Clearly you've never heard of a "meme". I recommend the Uncyclopedia or 4chan.

On topic, if the debuffs are no longer applied to the raid, same thing really, if the maintank is getting Debuffed from Malevolent Strikes the offtank should taunt him after the drakes are killed.

Deleted
    Okay so my guild we are 10/12 Freshly formed 1 week ago so we have progressed alot and have a good group was wondering if we should attempt H halfus since he is really easy now

if so tips and tricks for this encounter please thanks
    Wouldn't say he's "really" easy but he's easier than before due to drakes hitting less. You will want to release time warden, nether and storm preferebly along with whelps being AoE'd down in the meantime. The first minute into the phase is VERY hectic since it's so much damage going out even if they have been nerfed so personal cooldowns, Barkskin, Divine Protection etc,etc should be used until 1 drake + whelps are down.
    The faster you get one drake down the less stress you'll have on your healers so popping Timewarp/Bloodlust at start pretty much ease it up but not a necessity if you manage through.

The Malevolent Strikes ( Healing reduce debuff ) can be rid of with a paladin's Hand of Protection, so use it wisely on the tanks to relieve your healers and their own until 1-2 drakes are down, then it's simply taunt between each other.

At 50% we had our cooldowns ready for use again to counter the Roar, ensure that your tank is at least above 80% + a cooldown right before Roar hits.

Don't bother about Slate, there's no big deal taking him of the rope since the stun won't cause too much harm at 50%

(if you have a priest healer have him Atonement heal when 2 drakes are down and have your raid stack 15yards around Halfus to get Smite Heals, not only is it a DPS increase but it also provides good amount of healing as well the use of PW:b + PS on Roars)
    ~~Hope this was of any help and good luck and hope you manage to take him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of the post above me, spot on.

Your tanks will still get the stacking mortal strike debuff. At least this still happened last Thursday.

We always release Nether Scion, Time Warden and Storm Rider at the beginning. After killing one we'll get the Whelps.

So how many stacks of the Malevolent Strike debuff should the tanks taunt swap

So how many stacks of the Malevolent Strike debuff should the tanks taunt swap
    Obviously as soon as the debuff falls off from the other tank.

Heroic Halfus is much easier than Nefarion, easily.

If you want to make the encounter really a joke, bring a 3rd tank. And on top of unleashing Nether, Time and Storm Rider. Have the 3rd tank take out Slate. It is brutal healing in the beginning, so use lust and raid cooldowns, but after the first drake goes down, the fight is pretty simple, try not to miss an interrupt but if one goes out, it isn't always a wipe.

No what i was asking is how many mortal strike debuff until the tanks swap , like do they swap at 3 stacks

Deleted
    Dude, this forum is generally for people asking for help with issues they've encountered on bosses and others sharing their own experience to help them progress. You've just come in here with a "How is Babby Formed?" (http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf) type of question. Kinda annoys me when people make no effort but generally expect to be carried by others experience instead!

Anyway, martiz gave some good advice, gl with it. How many debuffs depends on how well your tanks are geared etc.

Max debuffs is 5 I would say. With CDs you could maybe do more, but we do normally taunt on 4 stacks. Be careful if you have a warrior tank, they have little avoidance (not mitagation) and the stacks sometimes stack very fast.

We do release storm rider, nether guy and whelps in the beginning. 3 Tanks. Nuke whelps and storm rider, then release time warden.

Deleted
    The amount of stacks you can take is up to your tanks as well your healers, if they can keep the tank up with 5-7 stacks that's fine but you'll know when the stacks are out so when the other tank's stacks = off your other tank taunts, and vice versa. There really is no baseline, it relies completely on when the drakes die and when he gets too many stacks aka above 8 at least.

No what i was asking is how many mortal strike debuff until the tanks swap , like do they swap at 3 stacks
    Again whenever the debuff falls off from the other tank.
    The amount of stacks will vary because of lucky/unlucky strings of hits within the 30 seconds. What will happen is one tank will reach a high amount of stacks but the other tank hasn't lost the debuff yet.

To visualize it for you:

Tank A: 6 stacks, 30 sec duration; Tank B: 0 stacks -> B taunts
    Tank A: 6 stacks, 10 sec duration; Tank B: 6 stacks, 30 sec duration -> if A taunts, Halfus will refresh the duration of Malevolent Strikes. Tank A will gather stacks starting from 6.

Another situation might happen:

Tank A: 4 stacks, 30 sec; Tank B:0 stacks -> B taunts
    Tank A: 0 stacks; Tank B: 4 stacks 30 sec -> A may taunt to help the healer.

Deleted
    Start with around 3-4 stacks and then taunt whenever debuff fades. If stack goes above 8 for whatever reason use hand of protection and /cancelaura hand of protection to reset it.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-02 at 03:35 PM.