Thread: Headphones

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Headphones

Just trying to get some opinions on headphones, looking to buy a new set sometime today and figured I'd see what everyone liked. Looking for something really really comfy that has great sound.

Whats your budget?

Was going to ask the same thing.

Yea I automatically assume you don't want a 1200$ pair but theres alot of variance in price, anywhere from 80$ to 600+

Indeed, it's kinda hard to recommend anything without price range set. And does it have to be a headset? In general you're much better off with just headphones and desktop microphone if you're in for great sound.

If you want some cheapass headset, go with something that has fatal1ty in its name. Not great sound but it's decent for its low price.

He did say headphones. Its generally bad to get headsets, you get the quality of a 20$ headset and a 5$ mic in a 100$ package

what the others said and do you want specific headphones or normal jack in headphones?

I am rather fond of my g35 for my computer (and they work only for the PC since there is a usb stick in them)
    But for daily use i got a pair of Audio-Technika ATH-M50 and i love the shit out of those for everything most amazing sounding headphones i have ever owned.
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    He did say headphones. Its generally bad to get headsets, you get the quality of a 20$ headset and a 5$ mic in a 100$ package
    Can't always be sure when people ask them for gaming. Often they mean headset even when saying headphones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Moray+ (Headphones + Microphone)
    Razer Moray (Just Headphones)

And there's such a wide variety of headsets out there that you'd do best to inform us what you need them for and what features you'd like to see.

Just looking for something that i can communicate over vent with and listen to music at the same time while tanking and stuff. Budget wise, like to stay under 150$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tbalpha View Post
    Just looking for something that i can communicate over vent with and listen to music at the same time while tanking and stuff. Budget wise, like to stay under 150$
    Save your money and get a mediocre headset. You're not looking to do anything amazing with it.

Links to three reliable brands of headsets. Browse the features yourself. I'm not comfortable recommending you a $30 dollar crummy headset, but at the same time I don't want to give you something with features you won't use.

Razer Audio Peripherals
    Logitech Audio Peripherals
    Steelseries Audio Peripherals

Personally, this is my favorite headset:
    Razer Carcharias

And the one I use at the moment:
    Turtle Beach DX11
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-02 at 07:17 AM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...logitech%20g35

can't go wrong with g35 if your looking for something to just cover basic computer needs plus they sound good and last long in the process!
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

g35 is awesome
    -sound is clear and crisp
    -seems durable (mine just sits on my desk and i'm careful with it)
    -7.1sound
    -keeps me warm in winter, i dont touch it in summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by GStar View Post
    g35 is awesome
    -sound is clear and crisp
    -seems durable (mine just sits on my desk and i'm careful with it)
    -7.1sound
    -keeps me warm in winter, i dont touch it in summer though.
    Surround sound in headphones are semi gimmick

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Headphones: Grado SR60i for ~$70-80

The best sounding unamped headphones, period. Comfort may be an issue since they are an on-ear design, but the newer earpads aren't nearly as abrasive as the ones on older Grados.

Logitech G930. Got a pair for Christmas, and I love them oh so much.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

http://www.fatal1ty.com/headset/fatal1ty-gaming-headset

Still one of the best headsets out there and they are only about $40 these days.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Deleted
    if u want headphones only buy some from "Bose" (www.bose.com) best sound you've ever had!!
    if u want headsets for gaming i would recommend some from "Razer" good quality and comfort

Steelseries Siberia v2
    Steelseries 7H USB
    Gladiator Underbyte