Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmokki View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEO9LEN5cvY

Here's the video of a protection paladin in 10 man tanking both dragons.

And no, the dk doesn't have proper dps gear. If he had and we couldn't find any other way to handle it we'd have to make people go offspecs, but right now it really isn't an option. This is actually the first time I'm not completely fine with our frost dk going inactive and getting replaced by a second warlock.
    Yep, you're right - they pulled it off and it worked for them.

With the buff that Nef/Ony get and having to heal through Ony's electricity though that is definitely going to be a lot of extra healing. That video showed it was possible but this is a fight in which healers struggle and healer mana is a big part of getting it down so I don't think it is something that many guilds could pull off.

Given that your DK can't go dps the strat I would go with would be to use 3 tanks. Have your druid go tank and your spriest go heals. Having the druid as the add tank in P1 wouldn't be that bad, and then after that he can still put out not bad dps as kitty so it wouldn't be like having a full tank trying to dps for the rest of the fight. You'll need a little more time in P3 since I'm assuming that your spriest puts out more dps than your druid will as a kitty but if your add tank kites well you'll still have plenty of time. That also gives you a bit of a plan B for P3 if your add tank dies the druid can go bear and pick up the adds to buy you a little more time at least.

That's the strategy I would take with your comp, or at least start with that before trying the single tank route because learning this fight how they did it in that video is going to make an already hard fight that much tougher.

We do 2 electrocutes in both p1 -and- p2 (4 total). It prevents the fire from getting crazy later in the fight due to p3 taking too long.

I don't see how people have such an easy time in phase 2. Everyone gets up on the pillar OK, I always have 4 stacks of lava, is it possible to do better? But our healers were having such a hard time with mana apparently that one (our raid leader) said to burn hero to make it end as fast as possible. We managed to get to 2% and 5% this way, with the main failure being our add tank not resetting the adds correctly, so I think we can pull it off, but phase 2 seems to be the most mana intensive. Also, when we hero in phase 3 apparently the healers have trouble getting us up for the 2 quick electrocutes. We have a 359 resto shaman, 357 holy paladin, (new) 349 resto druid.