Video Card Upgrade - Radeon HD 5550 to Radeon HD 5770

Radeon HD 5770 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-873-_-Product

I have a simply question regarding the capability of this video card. This may be fairly lengthy, but overall will this card perform in excess of 50fps consistantly at 1920x1080 with the following settings, and if not then what would you suggest as an upgrade that is more suitable? Here are the settings explained as they would be set in WoW:

My Processor is a 4 Core Athlon II 640 3.00GHz, for those wondering. I also run 4gb of RAM at the moment.

Resolution: 1920x1080 (Wide)
    Refresh Rate: 60Hz
    Multisampling: 1x
    Vertical Sync: Enabled
    Texture Resolution: High
    Texture Filtering: 4x Anisotropic
    Projected Textures: Enabled

View Distance: High
    Environment Detail: Good
    Ground Clutter: Ultra

Shadow Quality: Fair (Can be Low)
    Liquid Detail: Good
    Sunshafts: Disabled
    Particle Density: High (Can be Fair)

R5550 is rather crap, and 5770 will be big improvement over it. But to be honest I wouldn't stop there but move on to next level to R6850 or GTX460. Small price difference but pretty notable performance difference in non-WoW games.

In 25-man raids you're also CPU capped and just upgrading the graphics card will not help, but in 10-mans and the Athlon is ok.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The only game I really play is WoW, and Team Fortress 2 isn't nearly as stressful as WoW can be. Apart from that I will mostly play classics and the like from Steam. I will also only be a part of a 10 Man raiding team and will not be participating in any 25 content.

Going for R5770 will give nice speed boost then. If you get more expensive cards you can turn AA/AF higher, but it wont affect other settings much.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

This card is slightly faster and cheaper than the 5770 you linked.

Anyways, you will be fine running at the specs you mentioned with whichever card you decide to go with since you are not doing 25 mans.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post

Anyways, you will be fine running at the specs you mentioned with whichever card you decide to go with since you are not doing 25 mans.
    I can't take that company's name seriously, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    That's really good deal, looks like a winner for small budget upgrade.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you have Vertical Sync on?

From personal experience, I have a Radeon HD 4890 and that card is enough to play WoW. I was wondering why my FPS was always at 60. Then I disabled Vertical Sync and now I'm in the 100s.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    From personal experience, I have a Radeon HD 4890 and that card is enough to play WoW. I was wondering why my FPS was always at 60. Then I disabled Vertical Sync and now I'm in the 100s.
    Maximum fps matters only for ePeen competition, minimum fps makes all the difference between playable or not. Also vsync off just generates more noise and heat when the graphics card works harder.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    It's not one of my favorites either, but it is the best bang for the buck card in the $100 range, the cheapest of this kind, and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I wouldn't mind giving it a try, in case it fails, you'll always have the warranty which is reassuring.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    The power requirements of the GTX460 are a fair bit higher than the HD5770 so take that into consideration as you may need a new power supply for the GTX460 and its 2x6 pin config.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    The power requirements of the GTX460 are a fair bit higher than the HD5770 so take that into consideration as you may need a new power supply for the GTX460 and its 2x6 pin config.
    20W higher is rather insignificant.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    As long as its stays in business. I got burned with BFG liquidating its GFX card department, and not honoring my RMA.