Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by notasgudasyou View Post
    lol this is soooo wrong... in my guild we've now killed nef 3 times on 10man and we run the following setup: Hpal (Myself) on our bear tank with nef, Rshaman on our war tank with ony/kiting adds, DISC PRIEST RAID HEALING...

now im not going to link the first kill (lol cheesed it with mage and hunter alive only xD) but here's a link to our second, cleaner kill 2shot that with that setup.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1cd8k6o32n8ywke3/

see for yourself, this whole "Considering Discipline for raidhealing is not going to happen, Holy is superior" may be correct but both specs are viable and bring different strengths

also want to add, for P2 we have the Rshaman healing the pillar with 4 players (enh shaman, hunter, himself and war tank) and the disc priest healing herself, ret pal and mage with my platform being myself (hpal) bear and frost DK
    You're basically saying what I'm saying:

Disc is viable, but not as strong as holy on Nefarian 10man. Power Word: Barrier is the only thing keeping Disc viable for that encounter unless you can chain PW:B with other similar cooldowns so that you most of the time are taking the edge off the Electrocutes. Yes, they do bring different strengths. But aside of PW:B, i don't see how I am going to be able to do a better job on my raid than running holy.

Don't misunderstand me, i think Disc is a lot of fun. But i don't want to gimp my raid even slightly just because I like Disc better than Holy or think it's more fun to heal as a Disc priest (such as the smite-spam spec in the video for instance; He's having the other two healers cover for his selfishness).

It's also a bit contradictory; In the first example of a disc priest on nef 10 he was smiting and having the others pull his weight a bit.
    The second one was Raidhealing, however in p2 the poor restoration shaman had to cover 3 people whilst the Disc priest only did 2. The raidhealer is covering less people in p2 than the tank one? Makes absolutely no sense aside from proving my point that Disc only is brought for PW:Bs and _mainly_ because the pries player prefers Disc.

Once again no Disc is superior to Holy that fight. Holy just seems better due to crackle healing but that should be the only serious multi-target raid damage going out. Bubble and Atonement is much less mana constraining in P2 than having to FoL and heal spam people. Holy for me was difficult to heal constantly going oom but switching to disc resulted in a kill. Don't think you graps the concept of how much damage mitigation PW:S and PW:B actually does where you can use the druid as a raid healer. If you druid can't get everyone up by next crackle then just bubble the lowest people. It's not hard. Atonement spec also reults in better kill times and less dps requirements. And others to pull weight? I come in first or 2nd behind the resto druid on the fight. Go look at world of logs and tell me how many disc priests are ranked higher than holy priests for Nefarian 10m normal. Saying Disc is a gimp spec is completely wrong and superior to holy on nearly every fight other than Chimaeron and Al'Akir.

Quote Originally Posted by Archicortex View Post
    You're basically saying what I'm saying:

Disc is viable, but not as strong as holy on Nefarian 10man. Power Word: Barrier is the only thing keeping Disc viable for that encounter unless you can chain PW:B with other similar cooldowns so that you most of the time are taking the edge off the Electrocutes. Yes, they do bring different strengths. But aside of PW:B, i don't see how I am going to be able to do a better job on my raid than running holy.

Don't misunderstand me, i think Disc is a lot of fun. But i don't want to gimp my raid even slightly just because I like Disc better than Holy or think it's more fun to heal as a Disc priest (such as the smite-spam spec in the video for instance; He's having the other two healers cover for his selfishness).

It's also a bit contradictory; In the first example of a disc priest on nef 10 he was smiting and having the others pull his weight a bit.
    The second one was Raidhealing, however in p2 the poor restoration shaman had to cover 3 people whilst the Disc priest only did 2. The raidhealer is covering less people in p2 than the tank one? Makes absolutely no sense aside from proving my point that Disc only is brought for PW:Bs and _mainly_ because the pries player prefers Disc.
    i dont think i made my point clear enough for you... for us, DISC = KILL where HOLY = NO KILL

better?
    This user has been banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Once again no Disc is superior to Holy that fight. Holy just seems better due to crackle healing but that should be the only serious multi-target raid damage going out. Bubble and Atonement is much less mana constraining in P2 than having to FoL and heal spam people. Holy for me was difficult to heal constantly going oom but switching to disc resulted in a kill. Don't think you graps the concept of how much damage mitigation PW:S and PW:B actually does where you can use the druid as a raid healer. If you druid can't get everyone up by next crackle then just bubble the lowest people. It's not hard. Atonement spec also reults in better kill times and less dps requirements. And others to pull weight? I come in first or 2nd behind the resto druid on the fight. Go look at world of logs and tell me how many disc priests are ranked higher than holy priests for Nefarian 10m normal. Saying Disc is a gimp spec is completely wrong and superior to holy on nearly every fight other than Chimaeron and Al'Akir.
    You're wrong. You can heal p2 with just renew, heal, greater, binding heal, pom and lightwell in serenity chakra while GAINING mana. While PW:B is nice, it really doesn't mean as much as you think. People under the bubble shouldn't be low in the first place, meaning you can simply heal them back up. Yes 30% reduced dmg is nice, but holy does about 30% more healing if not more when the divine aegis is rendered useless. Also this is not halfus, your smites are gonna do maybe 8k a hit and the "enrage" timer is only really going in p3, where you don't smite eh? World of Logs is generally a useless meassure of best spec, and the disc records for nef10 all come from before the shield nerf. I'm not gonna say disc is a bad, but calling disc better is wrong, cause it's at best just as good.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-07 at 05:31 PM.

I stated the pros and cons between Holy and Disc. If you are getting a kill with Disc, you most definetely are going to be getting a kill with Holy. It's not about the spec in that case, it's about you and/or your raid group.

The smite healing is really not good except for encounters with increased damage such as Halfus or similar. Running an atonement spec on nefarian 10 is a gimp spec compared to a "normal" Disc or Holy spec.

Holy is superior to Disc on Nefarian. I'm not saying Disc is bad, and I started this thread asking for help for Holy. I've respecced into Disc, i've tried Disc, it didn't do the job as well and for it to be really effective you'd need more than just PW:B to mitigate electrocute damage (such as AMZ and DG) since your healer setup or the roles is changed.

And even with PW:B mitigation holy will have stronger overall healing (including at least 1 tank and the entire raid) compared to Disc. Not to mention, PW:S on the Add Tank will give him a quite useful speed increase if necessary.

If you like Discipline on Nefarian 10m, do it. But no one in their right mind will believe Discipline being better. PW:B efficiency also scales with the raidsize, so in a 25m enviroment it can easily have a tremendous effect (and it does hence why PW:B is being nerfed), but then again, this isn't a discussion for 25m Nef.

My 10 man guild has the same healer set up you have.

Here are the logs for my guild's most recent kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...=10727&e=11212

We put the resto druid on the Nef tank. We put the paladin on the Ony tank. We put me (holy) on the frost mage who handles the adds - yes it's a dps hit, but epic for add control. The hunter helps with traps as well. I bubble the mage to help him get to adds quickly, and I bubble the hunter to get him to the area to drop the traps faster. I've had guardian spirit save my mage a couple of times, just as an fyi.

Otherwise, we use the strategy in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ_Na...layer_embedded (Best explained video EVER on this fight, imo.)

We push two crackles in phase one. I have had to help heal the resto druid as he is out of range of the big AoE heals and does not have time to heal himself up before tail whip since he's focusing on the tank. Otherwise, the holy paladin and I both keep the raid healed up for the 2 phase 1 crackles. Also, during the entire phase 1, be sure that you stay out of tail whip range. There is no reason at all for you to be over there. It's WAY closer to Ony than you may think.

Also, we noticed a couple of times our tanks were not getting Nef and Ony far enough apart. So make sure they are definitely doing that.

On phase two we do not push a crackle at all! We just concentrate on getting our adds down and getting the F out of phase 2 as fast as possible. It's a mana drain.

On phase 3 healing is actually REALLY simple for you. We put the paladin on the adds tank. We give him innervates. The resto and I just heal raid between crackles (along with Nef tank). We throw out divine hymns and tranqs - split up - on crackles. But honestly, as long as your adds tank is pro this is the easiest phase of all.
    Last edited by Maisey; 2011-03-09 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, I'm usually a lurker around here but I decided to register to see if I can help you with this.

In my raid we usually have the similar setup as yours (Shaman, Paladin and me as Priest). I'm usually holy but i change for some fights.
    Last week or so we got our first Nef kill with me as Holy and I found it much easier than Disc for this fight.
    I'm usually healing the Onyxia tank since our Holy Paladin tanks/kites the adds in P1, in P2 i get the platform with 4 people and in P3 I'm tank(Druid)/raid healing with our Shaman while the Paladin heals the add tank(Warrior).

About the adds I can't help you that much since we usually have our Holy Paladin kite them with help from Shaman root totems and maybe a shackle from our Spriest.
    I would never put only one healer on keeping the raid up after each electrocute. Nef's tank healer should always help. I even recommend that both of you focus on the tank and the raid at the same time, it'll make things much easier.

Here you can see our first kill video from my PoV. Keep in mind I got 2 innervates from our Moonkin, one in P2 and one in the end of P3. I think we also had 2 Mana tides, one at the end of P1 and one in the beginning of P3.

youtube.com/watch?v=t7t1LYK6eUU

And here's the WoL for the kill: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lquv7x9qqs6jxmbb/dashboard/?s=5607&e=6091