Deleted

once again fire mages shades.

once again warlock buffed and mages fire get the crap.
    wtf with blizzard and such hate to fire mages???

http://simulationcraft.org/410/Raid_T11_372.html

imo fire is broken due to the RNG system...until then we will not be where we should be.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

From what I can tell of that, you're still above multiple specs, why does it matter? Your spec isn't always going to be top. And SOMEONE has to be bottom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    From what I can tell of that, you're still above multiple specs, why does it matter? Your spec isn't always going to be top. And SOMEONE has to be bottom.
    Take the class, not the player... right?

Deleted
    frost pve sucks... behind all dps output.
    arcane sucks hard in most fights because no aoe, and lack of mobility, and the trinket that make it more viable is WAY outa of reach of 99.9% of mages atm. (lady sinestra heroic)
    the only true option as raider is fire... but patch after path they buffing all the rest of classes and mages fire dont have any improve.

PTR changes are not finalised yet and you're QQ'ing.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenzio View Post
    Take the class, not the player... right?
    A player didn't generate the numbers you're referring to, and besides what you're looking at is a patchwerk fight, which is not the best indicator of the usefulness of a mage in a raid. Certain fights favor certain classes so yes if you can afford to stack a different class for each boss that would be optimal, but not at all practical. Also, you all should spec arcane guys! They're number 5!

Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    once again warlock buffed and mages fire get the crap.
    wtf with blizzard and such hate to fire mages???

http://simulationcraft.org/410/Raid_T11_372.html
    Going with actual results rather than a theoretic patchwerk fight...

http://raidbots.com/dpshistory/Overall/25N/#2jne9

You can shift some settings around, but as you can see fire's not doing so bad overall in actual performance. They're above the warlocks that you're complaining about. Not to mention, the buffs rendered are not for the top warlock spec, they're buffing Affliction. I suspect some buffs to demo are on their way as well. So if you're going to QQ, do it accurately and justified, not when you're ignorant to details.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh reary? If you exclude gimmicks (Halfus, Maloriak, Omnitron, and Magmaw), fire is riding the way lower half of the meters. Pretty sure riding the low end of something isn't considered "doing well" unless you're playing golf or limbo.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2011-03-02 at 05:04 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Oh reary? If you exclude gimmicks (Halfus, Maloriak, Omnitron, and Magmaw), fire is riding the way lower half of the meters. Pretty sure riding the low end of something isn't considered "doing well" unless you're playing golf or limbo.
    http://raidbots.com/dpshistory/Atramedes/25H/#2nvf9 #4

middle on pretty much everything else; #6 on conclave

Only low on Al'akir.

Top on cho'gall, but I'd consider that a 'gimmick' fight.

At this point, we're excluding nearly half of the fights in the tier as 'gimmick' fights, though. The only fights I'd truly consider 'gimmick' fights are Cho'gall (abusing corruption in phase 1) and Omnitron (abusing spell steal). Halfus is semi-gimmicky, as is Maloriak, but other classes have just as much of an opportunity to capitalize on said gimmick, as with Magmaw.

Sure, our performance could be better on Nefarian, V&T, Council and Chimaeron, but Al'akir is the only one that really worries me.

Chimaeron, we're about 1200 off from second place DPS and it's a pretty close race. The top MM Hunters are way ahead, which is because it's a fight that truly shines for them (stand still and do nothing but spam your rotations).

Nefarian, again we're right in the middle of the pack of close DPS numbers. Not sure why warriors do so well on that fight, but SPriests definitely get a big edge by double dotting in phase 1 and 2.

Valiona & Theralion: Again, Spriests and Locks get a huge buff by double dotting while melee has less movement to deal with.

Council: Middle of the pack, but really the #s are very close.