Question Reliable Realm Census and Stats website

Hello MMOChamp.

Apologies if there's already a thread about this. I used the search function before posting but no dice.

I would like a website with reliable and up-to-date census stats regarding WoW realms. Info I'm interested in: number of total active players per realm, and breakdown of Horde vs. Alliance percentages.

There is http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php, for example. Does anyone know how reliable its information is? It is pretty much exactly what I want, but I'm just not sure how seriously I should take it.

Also, I know the game gives me a population estimate when creating a character on a new realm, but as far as I remember it is not broken down by factions so it's useless to me.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Xeb.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Have you tried this part of the same site? other than that, i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
    Have you tried this part of the same site? other than that, i dont know
    Yeah that info is also quite nice. But same problem, how reliable is it? I guess it all depends on how many people on each realm have that addOn installed to upload population scans.

Deleted
    It's probably not that reliable, seeing how Xavius EU apparently has no members, despite it being my server and home to one of the best guilds thus far in Cataclysm (Method).

There is no such thing as a reliable realm census. Without blizzard's actual gathered statistics everything is a sad and distant approximation. Useful for baseline estimates but nothing more. The margin of error for these sites will always be very high.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Yeah, I wish Bliz would provide these statistics. Would allow us to, for example, make more informed decisions about realm or faction change.