Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Discipline Spell Idea

For tl;dr, just read the spell right below this. This new spell idea is mainly with pvp in mind.

[Spell Name]: Consumes Grace on the target, healing target for X amount. Each stack of grace gives a 33% chance to proc Divine Aegis.

The spell would have no cool down and a decent mana cost. The idea would be that it works with our mastery, meaning it would really only be worth using with a guaranteed DA proc.

Another reason for the 33% chance per stack was because in addition to this spell, (edit)***I'd like to see renew proc grace, but not every tick. Instead, it would be something along the lines of "The last tick of renew applies 3 stacks of grace. This way, Grace would still only last 15 seconds, instead of refreshing after every tick***(end edit). That would mean an entire group could have grace, and a prayer of healing would be more powerful, but from what I’ve heard (I don’t raid. At all.) Prayer of healing is somewhat weak when compared to Holy’s raid healing. I could be way off saying that, but I still like the idea of giving something extra to disc raid healing.

Back to the spell though! In disc pvp, this would give us the ability to heal while moving (mobility), and give more survivability while being sat on by dps. Juking interrupts would still be a big part of what we do, but this would give a good filler for multiple interrupts, would really help to have something else besides PoM.

There would be no glyph to not consume Grace (like how swiftmend glyph doesn’t consume the HoT). I would want this spell to have no cool down because it should only be effective with 3 stacks, and the only way for that to happen very quickly would be with penance, and that has a cool down.

Blizzard wants disc priests to use our other spells instead of focusing on bubble spamming, this would give a good reason to use our other spells, while still having our mastery be useful.

I guess it’s still a rough idea, but I’m curious to see what others think. Would love some feedback, maybe ways to improve it….ooor you can always bash the idea, but please give some reason for the hate! =D
    Last edited by Holycard; 2011-03-03 at 02:43 AM.

that is actually a good one i like it. might i suggest a post on the official forums
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Thumbs up!
    Has everything we need!
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Fantastic Idea. However, from reading recent communication, I don't think the developers are looking at adding additional abilities to Disc, rather somehow try to balance what they already have within their design goal, which seems herculean.

Ultimately, Disc could use something like your suggestion or the "2nd shield" talked about pre-cata alpha; really, anything that is a 3rd absorb effect in order to take some of the lean off PW:S [since DA is supplementary to our heals].

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Fantastic Idea. However, from reading recent communication, I don't think the developers are looking at adding additional abilities to Disc, rather somehow try to balance what they already have within their design goal, which seems herculean.

Ultimately, Disc could use something like your suggestion or the "2nd shield" talked about pre-cata alpha; really, anything that is a 3rd absorb effect in order to take some of the lean off PW:S [since DA is supplementary to our heals].
    I would say a moderate Shield with a cast time would really help fill the gap, so to speak. Or even to incorperate it into this idea, make the Shield be a 1.5 second cast time, quite low throughput, with the throughput increased a lot depending on how many stacks of Grace are on the target. It could do 40% "shielding" normally, with an additional 20% per Grace stack.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-02 at 06:34 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

sort of a disc swiftmend if i'm not mistaken. well, they'd have to put a cd on this anyway seeing how fast it is to stack grace.

since disc is a bit lacking in the aoe department, a spell which consumes all priest grace stacks to put a shield instead would be neat too, or make nova trigger grace like i've told on some other topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycard View Post
    [Spell Name]: Consumes Grace on the target, healing target for X amount. Each stack of grace gives a 33% chance to proc Divine Aegis.
    TBH, I think this is a really good idea. It's everything Blizz and the community wants: Not PW:S, check. Differentiated from Holy, check. Uses our mastery, check.

Also, this will make using our mostly boring Heal (and it's counterparts) for more than just healing. I think this is a very good idea that can be a new center of disc healing. However, I think not consuming Grace (even with a glyph) would be a little OP. Maybe the glyph could only consume one stack of Grace. It's not really important though.

Please, my friend, put this on the Suggestion forums. Please! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Priests should also get a baby seal that removes stun, fear, silence from them

Quote Originally Posted by ShommZy View Post
    Priests should also get a baby seal that removes stun, fear, silence from them

Strength of Soul + Fear Ward
    Almost there, I'm sure blizz is working on #3.

With this positive feedback, I've posted it on the priest forums, then from there, if feedback is good still, ill put it in the suggestion forum with any changes.

But I'd love to continue to talk about it here!!

Khallynos, I actually had said I didn't want a glyph of any kind for this. It should consume all grace stacks =P That is how I'm justifying the no CD for it. Stacking grace would take 3 heal/gheals, or you would have to wait for 3 renew ticks, or a mix. This would take time, giving it a somewhat CD for that person, unless you penance them, our disc awesome spell, then you would be able to use it again quickly.

@Spiritus and abandon, I want there to be a healing effect so it can crit, working the same way prayer of healing works, but single target. This would act as a "second shield" in a way, but I can see how maybe there would be a glyph that would take 50% of the heal and put it into the absorption, so less healing, more absorb. That could be cool!

and Sacry, are you saying like a spell that consume grace stacks on everyone in the raid, and putting a bubble on them absorbing an amount based on the number of stacks? Because thats a really sweet idea too!

Deleted
    I will love you forever if it gets implemented.

personally, I don't use atonement, but thats because I'm a pvp guy (not saying its not used in pvp, just not the way I play =P)

And besides, I don't think a change like that would effect pvp survivability, or mobility. I liked the idea of using Grace because they let us have it on multiple targets now, and it's a good trade off heal because we're sacrificing our +healing buff on the target for an insta heal.

Deleted
    nice idea!
    skip putting it on the priest forums, you're only gonna get good feedback there anyway, just stick it straight on the suggestion forums

and Sacry, are you saying like a spell that consume grace stacks on everyone in the raid, and putting a bubble on them absorbing an amount based on the number of stacks? Because thats a really sweet idea too!
    i was thinking of something in those lines indeed. (edit : but it should only consume the priest's own grace stacks and not anyone else's)

the amound shielded would have to be moderate per stack, but sufficient enough so that 10+ stacks (ie at least 2 per people in a 5man) it'd become more efficient than glyphed PoH + DA proc.

that means it should be probably be about 2000 base absorb per grace stack consumed (no sp nor mastery accounted yet), as compared to the 3200 base healing of a PoH (didn't add +20% glyph +30% DA, that'd amount to almost 5k in total). being an 100% absorb spell, it should become better as gear and mastery increases while PoH would probably be better at low gear level.

the problem though would be how to deal with crit on that one. allow absorb to crit? would be nice but then should be applied to pw: s too. make crit increase absorb instead? hmmm, why not.

Well my idea is in the Priest forums now, don't see any "Suggestion Forum", so I'm going to assume thats the next best thing. If you like this idea maybe go by and show your support =D

Well my idea is in the Priest forums now, don't see any "Suggestion Forum", so I'm going to assume thats the next best thing. If you like this idea maybe go by and show your support =D
    They got rid of the Suggestions forums, you are just supposed to post things in the most appropriate forum for it now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this spell, but I'd also like to see an instant-cast spell with a 10 second CD that puts a type of shield on the 5 lowest targets within 30 yards of your target. The shields, when fully consumed, would explode very similar to holy nova. Obviously youd need to tweak the numbers a bit to balance out the shield and holy nova effect. Maybe increase the CD to 20seconds? Simply put, disc needs a few more instant casts. Their mobility is terrible; all they have are shield and PoM, lolrenew if you even want to consider that worth casting as disc

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Great idea. (tweaking aside)

Can you make a link to the official forms so I can support it there?
    Last edited by Rafal; 2011-03-03 at 12:14 AM.