Looking to get a new video card

Currently I'm running an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS, Intel Core2 Quad CPU at 2.33 GHz, and have 8 gigs of ram. I'm looking to get a video card between $100-$150 that will allow me to run on high settings with 60 fps or so.

I was looking at this so far:

Asus - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

Only problem is I've heard it's huge, not sure how big my case needs to be to fit it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127519 This is what you should be going for. The 460 is about 20% faster than the 5770, and this spesific version comes with the Twin Frozr fan which is amazing. Also, the 5770 is not huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Selithiel View Post

Only problem is I've heard it's huge, not sure how big my case needs to be to fit it.
    It's not huge. How big is your case? Is it a full tower, mid-size tower, mATX? Did you buy it yourself or is it an OEM case (like dell, hp, etc)?

Another vote for the gtx 460 768mb version, you can grab it for less than $110 after MIR on newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814187116
    Not the best brand or most attractive card, but it's the lowest priced one, and it comes with a Lifetime warranty.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Selithiel View Post
    Punch whoever told you that. It's actually very small compared to any high end card.

And yea, for that price range geforce 460 is by far best choice.

1st of all you need to get your cpu at least to 3GHz per core - its for nonbreaking of gpu; intel is very good for overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by batman3d View Post
    1st of all you need to get your cpu at least to 3GHz per core - its for nonbreaking of gpu; intel is very good for overclocking
    That's just silly thing to say, not every intel CPU is very good for OC. And the old C2Quads are not that easy to OC for complete beginner anyway like Sandy Bridge CPU's.

What on earth means nonbreaking of gpu anyway?