Thread: Alienware m15x

Alienware m15x

I am considering buying the alienware m15x (dell.com/us/p/alienware-m15x/pd?refid=alienware-m15x&s=dhs), but it seems like a lot of people that I have seen talking about buying it have upgraded their's with better hardware than the stock $1199 price. I am looking to spend right around $1199, but hopefully not much more. I was wondering if anybody could take a look at it and tell me if I could buy the m15x stock, and still have it run wow amazingly, or what upgrades wound be considered as something "I have to have" with it. Other options are the Toshiba x505 (toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/laptop-model.jsp?family=Qosmio&model=X505) , and the asus g73jh (usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=8je5Ot4HBnKOdT81).

tldr: I want to buy an alienware m15x but not sure what I should, if anything, upgrade on it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go with the Asus or Toshiba. Alienware isn't worth paying the amount they ask for the hardware that's given.

With the 1199$ price , you can build up a whole new PC ordering the parts from either newegg.com or amazon.com , and get much much better performance than a laptop ,not to mention that you may get overheating problems with laptops which may eventually lead to game crashes , but if you still want a laptop , yeah go with Asus or Toshiba , and save the cash while getting the same performance.
    In Soviet Russia , Keyboard turns you !

█║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌ORIGINAL
    █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌DRUID. ©

All the computers I linked are $1999 range, and yes I do want a laptop. The reason I am asking about these laptops is because I myself don't really know what each part means for my overall computer or how to build one. If I were to get the asus or Toshiba or still the alienware what upgrades would you suggest minimum for it to run very well. Most times I see people talking about these laptops, they have upgraded things on them. I don't know if I should / need to upgrade something on them for them to run well because I don't know very much about computers. Thanks for any help.