Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mmo-champion...with a "Like" button...

would be great. Instead of having to quote everything you like just to add "This" to it, a Like button would do the trick. I'm sure this would give your servers a little break if it was to be implimented. Less posts per minute.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    OR people could just not post stupid shit.

I would only take a Like button if we can see the amount of like/dislike a post has.
    And if we see both, not a single number where a like gives +1 and a dislike gives -1.

BEcause, take for example.
    Someone made a post about suggested changes in a balanced manner.
    10 people likes it.
    12 people dislike it.

Using a single number, the post would be shown as -2 and give the false illusion that "everyone" dislike the suggestion.
    Seeing both would give the feedback that there's roughly 50% of the people that likes it.

It may also cut down on the psots with a Poll "DO YOU LIKE MY IDEA? YES/NO" .. or even "Do you like my idea? Yes / Yes", because we know alot of people do biased polls where you cant say their idea is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I would only take a Like button if we can see the amount of like/dislike a post has.
    And if we see both, not a single number where a like gives +1 and a dislike gives -1.

10 people likes it.
    12 people dislike it.

Using a single number, the post would be shown as -2 and give the false illusion that "everyone" dislike the suggestion.
    Seeing both would give the feedback that there's roughly 50% of the people that likes it.

It may also cut down on the psots with a Poll "DO YOU LIKE MY IDEA? YES/NO" .. or even "Do you like my idea? Yes / Yes", because we know alot of people do biased polls where you cant say their idea is bad.
    [Like +1][Dislike +0]

Or how about having everyone consider before they post "Am i contributing to this post now? Do i REALLY have to post this?" The world would be a better place.
    You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. And you're enormously insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post

10 people likes it.
    12 people dislike it.

Rating: +2

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMagey View Post
    Or how about having everyone consider before they post "Am i contributing to this post now? Do i REALLY have to post this?" The world would be a better place.
    This system would solve that: http://xkcd.com/481/

This has been discussed before, and it's not going to happen.

lol i actually just came on the forum to make the exact same post and this was the top thread.. but yes i agree, a like and dislike function would be pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    This has been discussed before, and it's not going to happen.
    Things change. Just because a ruling has been made in the past does not mean it stands ad infinitum.

Just remove the post counter, that would gives os less spam, some ppl just care about that tiny number.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    This system would solve that: http://xkcd.com/481/
    Please. Someone. Implement. This.
    Last edited by MightyMagey; 2011-03-03 at 08:23 AM. Reason: typo
    You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. And you're enormously insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    Just remove the post counter, that would gives os less spam, some ppl just care about that tiny number.
    I'm really sorry for the offtopic, but please tell me you DON'T have 19 characters :S

forums should be more about discussions then anything else.Polls are there for when you want to see peoples opinions.Having like of dislike buttons would just make the forums messy.Plus someone who hates you could just end up hitting the dislike button on all your posts .It could lead to unwanted competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    I can count the amount of people I see who care about their post count past linking-levels on zero hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maledictum View Post
    I'm really sorry for the offtopic, but please tell me you DON'T have 19 characters :S
    I love how you quoted a comment about removing the post counter to create less spam, and then spam a little yourself...

OT: I dislike the like/dislike idea. The internet is filled with trolls, flamers, and fools so why would anyone take their opinion on if a thread/post is likeable or not.

Having a like/dislike option might reduce the "THIS" type of comments, as liking or disliking certain posts might give the readers a pointer of what the puplic knowledge is.
    Personally though, if a like/dislike option where to be given, I would hope that post counts are removed.
    It's part of the cancer that we call "Spam"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I can already see the army of trolls disliking just every post to annoy everyone. Not a bad idea in general but simply wouldnt work here. It would cause a million "why have i been downrated?QQ!"-Threads and alot of QQ in general just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I love how you quoted a comment about removing the post counter to create less spam, and then spam a little yourself...
    ^.^ I apologized for it and after all, it's my one tiny spam in the sea of spams :P I usually only post when necessary. Today's the exception :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    OR people could just not post stupid shit.
    Boy, THAT would be the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.