H Halfus before Nef/Alakir?

My guild just downed Cho'gall tonight. I think our next target will be Nef. However, I have looked quite a bit at H Halfus and it seems fairly easy really. Probably easier than Nef. Is it reasonable to start this heroic before going 12/12? Or do you need 12/12 to activate heroics in any raid? I am under the impression after killing Chogall you can do any BoT heroic.

10 man.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2011-03-03 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    You can change any raid to heroic after killing the bosses in there on normal. You dont have to kill Nef or Al'akir to try Halfus on heroic mode.

And yes, heroic halfus is very easy compared to other heroic or even nefarian. Its just a dps race.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halfus is insanely easy. I would suppose you're talking of Nef & Al'akir on normal, if so Al'akir is in my opinion easier than Nef although he's quite a pushover himself when familiar with the mechanics.

But is Heroic Halfus easier than Al'akir?

10 man Al'akir is a joke, I would go down him first then progress H Halfus then Normal Nef. 10 man Nef is sorta difficult if you don't have the right group comp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would hugely depend on how many tanks you are intending on using aswell as their gear.

I will have 2 well geared tanks and one that's about 350 in tanking gear. Raid comp:

Prot Pally
    (other tank, not sure yet)
    Prot Warrior (the less geared one)

Mu Rogue
    Fi Mage
    S Priest
    Hunter

H Pally
    R Shaman
    D Priest (can go holy)

H Halfus is definitely harder than alakkir. The first minute of the fight is pretty hectic, and very intense. If you get to live through that with good dps to boot, then you pretty much have the fight. Alakkir however is a bit of a joke in normal.

Got a feral druid? Go with 3 healers for neffy, 2 tanks and the feral druid in DPS gear (also sdps spec np) takes care of adds in phase1. Thats the way my guild did on 10s.

Start is a bit hard on healers when neffy lands (+ 1st crackle), but nothing to bad. Once you get into phase2 and start kicking well, its all about healers doing good on crackle you get to phase3... and then you can start QQ about tank kiting hard fight compared to others in normal.

Nef seems to be incredibly easy for a DPS. There's really not much for them to do other than interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Nef seems to be incredibly easy for a DPS. There's really not much for them to do other than interrupts.
    Yea, mostly up to the healers, kiting tank and the raid leader to watch nef's health bar.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Yea, mostly up to the healers, kiting tank and the raid leader to watch nef's health bar.
    Idd. Infact the first propor DPS race for my guild was heroic Halfus. DPS got it a bit to easy on normal modes. Not that killing a boss as fast as possible is not good, but nothing strives you to really push it to max or it will be wipe.

Neffy is bad designed trough. Piss annoying having to relay 100% on few peoples auction at different times. If they fuck up once you wipe.

Deleted
    Go get Alakir first very easy on 10 man took us two hours to kill him, we are now working on nef and it's a massive step in difficulty, if you choose to go nef make sure you have a good add kiter who is well aware of what he has to do with updated boss mods for correct timers and well geared healers.

I haven't tried Halfus HC personally but from what i understand it's very easy after the first minute more a DPS burn so if your raid DPS is high and you have a good load of CD's may well be easier then Nef.

Jackedy

If you're going Halfus with a Mutilate Rogue, someone's really not using their brains.

Our Combat Rogue did 50k DPS on our first Heroic Halfus kill. (Blade Flurry)

We did heroic Halfus before normal Nefarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
    If you're going Halfus with a Mutilate Rogue, someone's really not using their brains.

Our Combat Rogue did 50k DPS on our first Heroic Halfus kill. (Blade Flurry)
    The rogue in my guild is mutilate and he pulled 60K on our first heroic halfus kill, so mutilate is not too bad its all about the player

as far as nef and alakir go, we downed nef(25m) and alakir(10m) before killing heroic halfus(25m) although we did attempt him on heroic mode before kill nef on 25m
    Last edited by Oneeyed; 2011-03-03 at 03:41 PM.

i havent killed nef yet, but had 1 evening on him but i would say out of the 3 end bosses chogall is the hardest alakir is indeed a joke, and neffe has no random stuff at all, you can predict everything in that fight.

But then again halfus is even easyer then all of them, so if you have killed chogall - go for the free 372´s asap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneeyed View Post
    The rogue in my guild is mutilate and he pulled 60K on our first heroic halfus kill, so mutilate is not too bad its all about the player

as far as nef and alakir go, we downed nef(25m) and alakir(10m) before killing heroic halfus(25m) although we did attempt him on heroic mode before kill nef on 25m
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/..._Twilight/dps/

Compare 25 man heroic to 10 man heroic firstly, difference there could be due to raid size and buffs available. 60K may be doable as mutilate, but he almost certainly could have done more as combat.

yes im sure there is noticeable difference between 10m and 25m heroic halfus fights im not saying mutilate is the best rogue spec for raiding or for that fight for that matter you just said that someone who is mutilate is for the most part dumb for that fight and they isnt necessarily true....yes he may be able to pull more dps as combat spec but he is always near the top of meters so he is doing something right