Thread: Disc or Holy

Disc or Holy

Hello i current lvling a priest , and i want to be healer so i wonder which healing spec are better while lvling ? i know i should use Shadow spec for lvling but i want to heal in dungeon.

Thanks

Well at a certain point you will get dualspec so you can heal dungeons and dps quests
    But for the low lvl it realy doesnt matter if you go Disc or Holy. Just pick one which abilities sound like fun and try it out. Only later on do you need to adjust your gear to your spec. But thats after 60 orso.
    I havent lvled as a holy for a while, but disc mostly. Since attonement is a +dps in dungeons and effective heal same goes for questing. Around 30 you will start to notice that shadow does more dmg then healing specs, but before that it doesnt realy matter.

In short: pick what seems fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find disc at low level easier on the mana and in BGs the shields are really helpful

Both are awesome and can do the job well! My advice is to go with what suits your play-style better *shrug*

I started as disc once I got atonement. Is incredibly easy and incredibly boring to spam smite through every single dungeon. 90%+ of all healing minimum through atonement. Holy was easy as well, but got to mix up spells a bit more.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

10+ Year Old Account
    I should really put this in my sig or something so I don't have to post this all the time: "Pick the spec you like best. Both are equally viable and different people find different things fun, so try them out and choose the one you think is fun."
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Disc. At some point your shield becomes so strong, that you can watch a movie while "healing" the dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Go Disc. At some point your shield becomes so strong, that you can watch a movie while "healing" the dungeon
    Yes, because when I boot up WoW, all I really want to do is watch a movie :-).
    Resurrected Holy Priest