Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Winamp addon for wow? :)

Is there any addon that shows when winamp change song etc ingame?
    Making some DJ tracklists so lisstening through a few thousands songs and it is becoming annoying to tab every time I need to know the name of a picked one.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

As harmless as this is, I wouldn't be suprised if this went under third party software interaction and stuff, which is potentially bannable. Blizz don't allow any addons that interact with other apps in any way, as far as I know.

Your best bet is probably some kind of overlay program that doesn't actually interact with WoW because I don't think what you want to do is possible with sanctioned add-ons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Your best bet is probably some kind of overlay program that doesn't actually interact with WoW because I don't think what you want to do is possible with sanctioned add-ons.
    Yea, like Mumble for voicechat. Dont really care tho but the ones already pasted need me to copy all mp3s to the addon dir etc and thats bad cos they are in a neat library and stays there
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Run wow in windowed fullscreen, and have winamp on top of wow, and use a small skin so it doesn't take up too much room.

Deleted
    You can do it, you just need to place all your files in the addon's folder and add them in-game.

I'll make something for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G15+Windows Media Player do the trick for me :P
    Not sure if it works with Winamp ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I recomend music player---only anoying this is that music stops when you change zone or when you realise spirit and you get a loading screen.
    Extract the music you want into the file directory and then turn on the miniprogram to make a ingame list for music.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I need to clear stuff up a bit since everyone are helpfull
    * I can change song etc via my keyboard, but what i am specificly after is to get an ingame notice of which song it changes to.
    * I dont want to copy all mp3s into the addon dir, they are all structured nicely by genre, name as it is.

So what i do need is some noticed of songswap and or some playlist viewier ingame cos that show it as well.

Cheers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yerv2.0.3.html
    is all I could find right now.

There was a great mp3-player with nice skinning options and everything else but i can't find it right away. I'll keep searching =)

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ic-player.aspx
    one more, but still not that one
    Last edited by Dreyks; 2011-03-03 at 02:54 PM.

If you install the Last.Fm scrobbler for winamp, it will store all the songs that you play. It still won't help you to immediately find out the name of the song currently playing, but you can go back to Last.Fm's list later to check them out. Sorry, don't have a better suggestion at the moment :/
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    You need some kind of overlay in that case. WoW addons can't interact with external applications.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea figures so, but seems noone heard of an overlay addon and neither did I

Just to clarify, you're not actually looking for a wow addon. You're looking for a plugin to winamp that provides an overlay that shows the wanted information that is able to superimpose over wow. Ventrilo allows hardware overlay, so it is technically possible. I do not however know anything about winamp plugins and their limitations.

edit:
    My google-fu provided this result, give it a whirl:
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....16#post2060416
    Last edited by Chaltione; 2011-03-03 at 08:10 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason I use Foobar2000 as my music player - there's an "OSD Information" plugin that shows song names on Skip (Fw/Bw), Play, and Stop, and also shows volume changes. It's great for using the multimedia keys on a keyboard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    Just to clarify, you're not actually looking for a wow addon. You're looking for a plugin to winamp that provides an overlay that shows the wanted information that is able to superimpose over wow. Ventrilo allows hardware overlay, so it is technically possible. I do not however know anything about winamp plugins and their limitations.

edit:
    My google-fu provided this result, give it a whirl:
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....16#post2060416
    Oh man, thnx a bunch. I followed that link and installed a plugin called Toaster for winamp.
    Does exactly what I need

People still use Winamp? Just get Foobar2000, better sound quality, lighter, amazing plug in / module collections.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    People still use Winamp? Just get Foobar2000, better sound quality, lighter, amazing plug in / module collections.
    Yea we missed Winamp got voted the poorest software ever made. Sorry

I use Epic Music Player(curse). Not only does it have a GUI to play from, it also has an LDB you can play it from. Its not quite using winamp,but its pretty small and has a GUI program for creating a playlist.