Thread: Ps3

Ps3

Getting a PS3 and im debating what games to get, im mainly getting the PS3 because it has WiFi and free online, of course im gunna want games with good online content, any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    You bought it for online content? Go read reviews how the online MP experience on the PS3 is garbage... oh wait, I'll let you know how my PS3 online MP experience is - it sucks. You want to MP? Buy a Xbox360, yeah you have to pay, but you play on a stable network.

BTW, I own both systems, so not a fanboy. PS3 is great for single player and local co-op, but the online experience blows.

PS3 online is great, never had any problems. Play Fifa online an awful lot and whilst there are connectivity issues sometimes, it's down to EA servers and the problem exists on both consoles.
    2981-6619-3396

Deleted
    Really depends what you like, but the best games i've played on it so far:

GTA4
    Red Dead Redemption
    Little Big Planet 2
    God of War 3

just to name a few

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a Ps3 was crap online. awlways had xbox and has been much better online.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends what genre you like.

Best ones for me:
    Assasin's Creed Brotherhood
    Black Ops
    Bomberman Ultra!!!
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

I say go XBOX dude.

it's so much better anyway, every good gamer know that.

Xbox has built in wifi also, but not here to argue systems as it never ends. I would pick up the exclusives that make the PS3 worth it. God of War, Resistance, and Killzone. As far as online games I would pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops for sure!

Edit: Can we not turn this thread into a console flame war? He's already decided what systems he's getting, he just wants game suggestions. I know i mentioned Xbox in my post, but that was just to point out PS3 isn't the only one with wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what type of game you like you can always find a good experience with a PS3, I've owned one Xbox and I won't ever make that mistake again. The difference between the 2 comes down to the player base a lot of time...with Xbox you have a stable platform filled with foul mouthed prepubescent shit stains, unemployed e-thugs, and everyones favorite general piece of crap guy, PS3's player base has some of the same people just not in high amounts which leads to a more smooth game exerience. All this being said give it a try either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    You bought it for online content? Go read reviews how the online MP experience on the PS3 is garbage... oh wait, I'll let you know how my PS3 online MP experience is - it sucks. You want to MP? Buy a Xbox360, yeah you have to pay, but you play on a stable network.

BTW, I own both systems, so not a fanboy. PS3 is great for single player and local co-op, but the online experience blows.
    I have to agree. Although, the PS3 is getting better about online stuff. Last year was a great year for PS3 and it is coming into its own after a poor release. The exclusive titles like God of War, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted are among the best games in the industry. The blue-ray player isn't a bad perk either. For online, I would still go with XB360 but I wouldn't recommend against a PS3 either.
    Opulence. I has it.

little big planet2 is a good one, you will never run out of content.

Some games i really like(d) is:

Darksiders (if you like Zelda)
    Little Big Planet (if you like 2D Platformers and are creative)
    Sly Trilogy (platform/action/stealth, remade PS2 games, 3-in-one)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (amazing action game)
    Borderlands (Role-Playing Shooter, if you have friends to play it with, local 2-player possible)
    InFamous/Prototype (short-lasting but fun superpower games)
    Just Cause 2 (a bit clumsy control, but else its great fun, sandbox-shooter)
    Demon's Souls (AMAZING action/RPG game, very challenging compared to most present-day games, but extremely rewarding when you master it, the community making it all much better)

Thats the ones i can think about right now, i am sure there are more. I have not mentioned any regular sport/shooters, because i am not much into those kind of games, but i am sure there are many more good games out there.

Oh, i almost forgot: If you just want something you can chill with now and then, the Skate games are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamezfan View Post

Borderlands (Role-Playing Shooter, if you have friends to play it with, local 2-player possible)
    Demon's Souls (AMAZING action/RPG game, very challenging compared to most present-day games, but extremely rewarding when you master it, the community making it all much better)

Thats the ones i can think about right now, i am sure there are more. I have not mentioned any regular sport/shooters, because i am not much into those kind of games, but i am sure there are many more good games out there.

Oh, i almost forgot: If you just want something you can chill with now and then, the Skate games are perfect.
    it will both make you cheer with victory and rage with defeat, and you will love it.
    also you can buy older ps1 games off the network, most notable being the FF7-9 and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamezfan View Post

On Demon's Souls: FUCK! FUCK THIS! I'VE DONE IT! I'VE FINISHED THE HARDEST GAME EVER MADE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Was my brother's reaction when he finished it. He was close to breaking the CD.

I'd say game is more unforgiving than hard. Going through the entire level is redundant if you slip somewhere. And the casting part of the game is just terrible. Although aside the top 3 you've listed, (I have no idea on them) the rest is all respectable games. (Borderlands is borderline addictive when played with friends. PUN!) Batman is so awesome I can't wait for the Arkham City to come.

And here's my contribution to it.

Mass Effect 2. (Go for it. It will be the best movie you've ever played through. Since they've released on PS, ME3 will drop there too. I'm seriously thinking about switching platforms just to play it on a huge screen.)
    Uncharted. Both. (Finish both, and their multiplayer is addictive as well. Never had any issues, and there are many game modes that will keep you entertained in MP. But seriously, NATHAN DRAKE! Get to know him before August throws Uncharted: Drake's Deception to the shelves.)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. (Fun with friends, even better when drunk. Shouldn't be played as single player, will give some nice Co-op action.)
    Killzone. (All of them. I've heard Killzone 3 has split-screen Co-op, so I'm hoping on it and won't check the internet until I buy it next week. It is a great shooter.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    BfA Beta Time

I thought the ps3 was fully "unlocked"

Anyhow, the best titles I've played or seen played so far, to me, are:

Red Dead Redemption (best game so far, apart from the finale; bad casual appeal)
    Grand Theft Auto IV (the story, it has lost most of the "casual" appeal that the others gtas have had, but it's still good to casual it)

God of War 3 (graphics, violence, you kill a lot of things by mashing one button, violence, he's bald and has got two fiery weapons, did I mention that you kill a lot of stuff?)

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (you need to like the genre, but the story is enjoyable and the gameplay aswell)
    Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time (as said before)

Burnout: paradise (cars, free roam, a fast experience)
    Test Drive Unlimited 2 (cars, free roam, huge map, very enjoyable environment and driving, a longeve experience)
    Modnation (Mario Kart with cool graphics, less cool characters tho - huge customization)

Folklore (rpg)

Devil May Cry 4 (awsum)

ps: there are some more but you need to be a fan of them, like the second Naruto game =p
    Last edited by Truecolor; 2011-03-03 at 09:19 PM. Reason: formatting

Don't listen to these fanboys, PS3 is the better console and they know it. Killzone 3's multiplayer is amazing and- best of all, you won't need to pay for it!
    There's nothing to not like about PS3, you get just about every game that comes out for 360, and all the awesome exclusives coming out this year:

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
    Uncharted 3
    Motorstorm
    LBP2

too name a few.
    Last edited by Bryguy; 2011-03-04 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryguy View Post
    Don't listen to these fanboys, PS3 is the better console and they know it. Killzone 3's multiplayer is amazing and- best of all, you won't need to pay for it!
    There's nothing to not like about PS3, you get just about every game that comes out for 360, and all the awesome exclusives coming out this year:

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
    Uncharted 3
    Motorstorm
    LBP2

too name a few.
    I still yearn for Gears of War though. Getting the first one for PC but I don't think 2 and 3 will be released for it. Other than that, I don't have much interest on other Xbox exclusives, Halo for example.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Most of these replies should be deleted. Seriously guys platform flaming is against the forum rules.

If you want PS3 games in general, get dragon age 1,2 (get them on pc if your pc can run them instead). Get uncharted 1,2 and assassin's creed brotherhood. Get metal gear solid 4.