Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    kinda off topic but you used (...) 10 times in that one post, i sir applaud you (or ma'am)

OT: this game will be good, too bad theres no open beta yet...
    Well..that was really great input commenting my writing habits .. should I applaud you too?

Deleted
    Mania...you did.....it twice that............

( wait for it )

time :3 ( just messin witchya )

Deleted
    What the people going about with the animations is, they are not fluid in a dynamic sense.

For example, when he raised his hand to freeze the jedi, it snapped into the animation from the idle animation very sharply.

World of Warcraft is very famous for this, animations snapping from one to the other with no sense of change. This looks to be the same, Bioware are not known for their actuall animations ( they actually do very clunky and amatuerish body animations, it's when they do facial animation when they actually get up to par )

All in all it still looks like a generic MMORPG, only with small cutscenes that'll annoy you after the 23rd time you go through them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    What the people going about with the animations is, they are not fluid in a dynamic sense.

For example, when he raised his hand to freeze the jedi, it snapped into the animation from the idle animation very sharply.

World of Warcraft is very famous for this, animations snapping from one to the other with no sense of change. This looks to be the same, Bioware are not known for their actuall animations ( they actually do very clunky and amatuerish body animations, it's when they do facial animation when they actually get up to par )

All in all it still looks like a generic MMORPG, only with small cutscenes that'll annoy you after the 23rd time you go through them.
    These are kind of my thoughts as well. I'll give them a chance to show some cool stuff off at PAX, but if its just a bunch of cutscenes and bad animations I probably won't be wasting money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Look... Bioware released teaser.. We can judge what we see.. and animations are just bad... and combat doesn't feel natural at all.

I don't care if these animations are placeholder or not.. but TBH..animations are placeholder for daaaamn long time already. and release is pretty close.. So.. maybe these animations are almost final or marketing department is screwing whole thing a bit when they are releasing trailers with placeholder animations (which look pretty bad)
    Sorry but you cannot simply say that because we are approaching the beginning of BioWare's target release window for SW:ToR (April 1 - December 31) that the models and animations are final. This game is potentially up to 10 months from release, there is plenty of time to polish the animations, which in my opinion are not that bad. Obviosuly most people are hoping for a release date sometime around May, which is really the earliest realistic release date window. Even a May release provides time to polish the animations, and nobody knows BioWare's priorities or scehdule regarding the expected polishing of the animations.

I'm looking forward to TOR partly for the fact that i've been a fan of star wars since i was a wee lad in 1977 and got my mind blown but mostly because i'm tired of damn Elves, orcs, swords, dragons and horses since thats all 99% of MMO's are, bring along the damn BFG's, ships and sci-fi setting please and i'll forgive a little in the graphic department.

I'd rather a game be entertaining, fun to play and a little less pretty than it being very pretty, require a $800 graphics card and lag when you get more than 5 people in a zone.

Now if anyone in north america still has a job and money to afford it, i'll be trying TOR when it hits in 2012.

Honestly the more SWTOR videos i see i get less interested in the game. They all seem to try to be really exciting while they look soo boring. This guy would just shoot a rocket and 1 shot everything.

O and also i thought the game was based before the movies but yet he has a portable carbon freezer thing on his wrist, while it took a giant machine for han solo.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Honestly the more SWTOR videos i see i get less interested in the game. They all seem to try to be really exciting while they look soo boring.
    Thats how i feel aswel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Sorry but you cannot simply say that because we are approaching the beginning of BioWare's target release window for SW:ToR (April 1 - December 31) that the models and animations are final. This game is potentially up to 10 months from release, there is plenty of time to polish the animations, which in my opinion are not that bad. Obviosuly most people are hoping for a release date sometime around May, which is really the earliest realistic release date window. Even a May release provides time to polish the animations, and nobody knows BioWare's priorities or scehdule regarding the expected polishing of the animations.
    If they need to polish and touch up the animations and the basic models along with them at this point, they are in trouble. This is not just a Game.
    It is a massively multiplayer Online game. They should be proof checking stuff and setting up the systems and online functionalities at this time, not the animations and models, that is stuff that should be done at the start of the production period.

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    I'm looking forward to TOR partly for the fact that i've been a fan of star wars since i was a wee lad in 1977 and got my mind blown but mostly because i'm tired of damn Elves, orcs, swords, dragons and horses since thats all 99% of MMO's are, bring along the damn BFG's, ships and sci-fi setting please and i'll forgive a little in the graphic department.

I'd rather a game be entertaining, fun to play and a little less pretty than it being very pretty, require a $800 graphics card and lag when you get more than 5 people in a zone.

Now if anyone in north america still has a job and money to afford it, i'll be trying TOR when it hits in 2012.
    When it just looks like "World of warcraft in space with cutscenes" I'd rather have it look pretty.

And people are not on about the graphics, they are on about the animations, those do not effect the memory as much as the graphics do.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Honestly the more SWTOR videos i see i get less interested in the game. They all seem to try to be really exciting while they look soo boring. This guy would just shoot a rocket and 1 shot everything.

O and also i thought the game was based before the movies but yet he has a portable carbon freezer thing on his wrist, while it took a giant machine for han solo.
    I think the 1 shot rockets are a byproduct of BioWare trying to make it look exciting. I expect this won't be the case ingame but for a trailer it doesn't make sense to show a BH shoot a rocket, hitting for say 30% HP in reality, waiting for GCD then shooting another rocket or similar ability, etc.

Also, who's to say that technological advancement is linear in the Star Wars universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    I think the 1 shot rockets are a byproduct of BioWare trying to make it look exciting. I expect this won't be the case ingame but for a trailer it doesn't make sense to show a BH shoot a rocket, hitting for say 30% HP in reality, waiting for GCD then shooting another rocket or similar ability, etc.

Also, who's to say that technological advancement is linear in the Star Wars universe?
    Sadly though I would be more excited about a video that showed ACTUAL gameplay footage of a bounty hunter killing a mob/person then this edited video we saw. Sure it looked cool, as does all of the videos they released but I want to see what it looks like to PLAY, which happens to be what i will spend money on to do.

All that aside, I will buy it and play it when it comes out, regardless of trailers and the like.

They've said that all interface elements, and the (leaked) character creation are just placeholders. I know (heard) nothing on animations.

Yet, I don't see why we are worrying about a game that has yet to even lift its disclosure agreement. Nothing gets accomplished by arguing the animations aren't final or arguing they are bad. We don't know whats final or any of their intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    pax east is going to be next week, and big announcements, and hands-on gameplay footage is expected. I might start a pax east thread sometime later if someone else doesn't get to it.
    release date plz
    release date plz
    release date plz
    release date plz

Best class preview for me so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    This is your opinion, not everyone else's, and yet you write as if it is. Some people will undoubtedly get bored by listening the conversation, some will not. Some agree animations need work(including me), others think they are just fine. Saying it is a generic MMORPG is also just your opinion. Until we get to play the game all that anyone ever does in posts is make assumptions, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I wish The animations were better. I mean, everything can be better, right?

I still don't think the animations look bad, compared to all the other mmos out there, I think they are just as good for what this game is. Meh

Gamers are impossible to fully please. Take a look at Dragon Age. The first was got bitches about because of bad animations and lazy combat animations. Then Dragon Age 2 comes out and everyone is bitching about the over the top over powered animations.

Silly peoples.

I'd much rather have TOR animations than Terra, Rift, or Guild Wars, etc. To ME they work just fine. They look cool enough and the game will be about the story and the experience rather then the new games that have better graphics than WoW.

To each their own.

lol wut? I have no Idea what you're complaining about. I see nothing wrong.
    All i've heard you say is well this is how i feel and clearly i'm right because my opinion > urs.

I hope bioware does amazing things with the game, but if you couldn't tell that the way the video was put together was done in a way to high the clunkyness of the controls then idk what to tell you.

Deleted
    Well until you provide reasons why you think the animations are bad, I wont take it seriously. Everything in this trailer looked very smooth to me. The flame thrower, the part where he froze the jedi and transported him in the carbonite, all looked great and much more advanced than animations in current MMOs.
    Especially the flame throwers and the liquid nitrogen thingy! That game just looks so much more fun than Wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    This is your opinion, not everyone else's, and yet you write as if it is. Some people will undoubtedly get bored by listening the conversation, some will not. Some agree animations need work(including me), others think they are just fine. Saying it is a generic MMORPG is also just your opinion. Until we get to play the game all that anyone ever does in posts is make assumptions, nothing else.
    If people get bored of World of warcraft quests, they will get bored of these ones much quickly when the glow of leveling wears off and people want to get stuck in to endgame with their alt.