Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Farewell, old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara1984 View Post
    sometimes i dont understand people. i mean, i play wow and other games, cause its more fun than hanging arround in some pubs and so on... i like to play.. its not like i am forced to it... really you people talk like its bad to play, and someone forced you to it. i would never trade my wow, hon and so on against any other hobbys in this world. i play computer games since im 6 years old, im 26 now. its just the most fun, so i play them.

and you can play wow casualy too. i mean: if i wanted to, i could only log in for the 2 raiddays my guild has. this would be 2 evenings a week for 4 hours, i mean, most people watch tv at this time, i play wow..... this are 8 hours a week. i really cant understand people who say: "i need to play 24/7, if thats not possible i quit" thats a totaly stupid attitude.

if you have no more fun on the game, just dont play anymore. but plz stop this "i dont play cause i finally got that hanging out in rl is more important" thats just not the reason..... the only reason you quit is, because you have not enough fun anymore...... all other trashtalk are just fake reasons, which you create to feel better.

if i quit wow sometime, i quitted it a lot of times anyway, ill play another game. i dont think ill stop playing computer games, before im dead.. i mean if i get some kids, and a job(im student at the university) ill probably play less, but ill just never stop gaming, cause its my hobby and its fun.
    You don't seem to have played this game to it's true potential. Like anything in life, some things are fun, some are not. whatever you do, there will always be bad times and good times.
    if you have no more fun on the game, just dont play anymore. Doing 8h of progression per week isn't really the most fun you can have in game, but the reward is usually worth it.
    For some people it's work, dinner, raid, sleep and another day. When you're in a top guild, you're making a commitment like you would in a soccer team or any group activity. Sometimes you need to cancel other activities, or decline them, because you need to be online. It's not fake reasons. The same way 1 friend could invite you to go to a movie, but you have an important soccer practice that you can't miss before an important match.
    We are playing the same game, we go through the same stages but not at the same time, and we don't have the same vision because of that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

OP lost me when he said he was playing Rift.

Not because I hate Rift, but because it's not "time", as he says. He builds up this whole momentum about how he's just moved on and grown up and it is "time" to stop WoW...only to say he's just in another MMO.

You're not moving on, bro. You're putting food coloring in your cocaine and calling it Pop Rocks.

In January I turned 25 years old; that's a scary age.
    Hahahahahahahahah.... hahahaha... hahah... ha..

What is scary about your mid-twenties??!?! Best time of my life.

Anyway, farewell. All the best in your "old" age.

I, like many of you, took the week off from work when Cata launched.
    Woah... must be nice...
    Last edited by lthompson94; 2011-03-03 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    You don't seem to have played this game to it's true potential. Like anything in life, some things are fun, some are not. whatever you do, there will always be bad times and good times.
    if you have no more fun on the game, just dont play anymore. Doing 8h of progression per week isn't really the most fun you can have in game, but the reward is usually worth it.
    For some people it's work, dinner, raid, sleep and another day. When you're in a top guild, you're making a commitment like you would in a soccer team or any group activity. Sometimes you need to cancel other activities, or decline them, because you need to be online. It's not fake reasons. The same way 1 friend could invite you to go to a movie, but you have an important soccer practice that you can't miss before an important match.
    We are playing the same game, we go through the same stages but not at the same time, and we don't have the same vision because of that.
    i didnt say anything like that. i just said, that its possible. but people talk like you cant play wow only for a few hours a week, and quit if they dont have much time. but i could easily raid with my guild, even if i need to work and so on. 2 evenings a week is really not much time needed... mb you need 2 hours more to farm for your flasks and bufffood thats all.

we downed everything except nefarian and startet raiding in january. im fine with that, i dont need heroic modes, mb we can down a few before the next content patch comes, mb not, im fine with everything.
    i really dont get what you want to tell me with that.

and where is the problem with that? if a friend asks me to go out with him, and i have raid i tell him that i have no time. if i would like it more to go out with friends than raiding, i just would stop raiding, noone forces you to it.
    like you said, if you are in a soccer club, and have training and gamedays, you need to postpone dates with your friends too. its exactly the same thing. but somehow noone has problem with that..... but when you postpone reallife dates for wow, its bad....

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    OP lost me when he said he was playing Rift.

Not because I hate Rift, but because it's not "time", as he says. He builds up this whole momentum about how he's just moved on and grown up and it is "time" to stop WoW...only to say he's just in another MMO.

You're not moving on, bro. You're putting food coloring in your cocaine and calling it Pop Rocks.
    I am not vested in Rift, and don't plan on becoming so. I will not zerg through content or have to play end game etc. I might get one MAYBE two nights a week to play for 2 hours or so. LoL trust me, it's not even remotely the same.

Haters gonna hate -- I understand.

Balls Deep!!

I quit WoW some time ago too. Quite the contrary to the OP though, I quit because there was nothing to do, because my arena partners quit or planned to quit, because PvE was extremely bored, even HC modes. Cata failed my expectations, I thought it would actually be something new. I thought healer changes would be true. They turned out to be complete bullshit (No, I don't mean they made healing to hard. They said they want it to be hard. It was almost as easy as in WotLK). I was extremely excited for Archaeology, it turned out to be grindfest and the worst proffesion, beating even fishing. Blizzard said so much about Cata, and almost nothing was true. The only true things are facts, like, they implemented Archaeology, they revamped talent trees. Meh, another whine post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by lthompson94 View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah.... hahahaha... hahah... ha..

What is scary about your mid-twenties??!?! Best time of my life.

Anyway, farewell. All the best in your "old" age.

Woah... must be nice...
    Not necessarily scary, rather surprising. I know I'm not "old" nor am I a kid. Responsibilities are stacking up, life-changing decisions are lurking around the corner. I'm just keeping my hands back, just in case I see a curveball.

Balls Deep!!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck to you, OP. It's a kind of revelation when you realize that what you're doing day in and day out is something that you're not even getting real enjoyment out of. And it's comforting to realize that you know this, and you can move on.

I actually cancelled my account the other day. I came to notice that I would log on whenever I didn't have much to do, and I would just sit around Stormwind. No instances, no pvping, just sit and randomly read guild and trade chat. Then I looked on my calendar, saw that my wow payment was coming up, and it hit me: I'm paying money for something that I currently receive nothing in return for.

I don't regret playing. As you said, I've made a ton of friends who I've never met, and I've become closer to friends I'd only been acquainted with before. It was a time in my life I'll never forget, but it's time to move on.

To seal my deal, I uninstalled everything WoW related.

And I believe it will stay that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman View Post
    I am not vested in Rift, and don't plan on becoming so. I will not zerg through content or have to play end game etc. I might get one MAYBE two nights a week to play for 2 hours or so. LoL trust me, it's not even remotely the same.

Play stuff like Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 when they come out... Multiplayer stuff that doesn't require a monthly sub. Then you can play as little or as much as you want and not worry about it.

To those saying 'why come here and tell us? It's only a game lolnoob'... Uh, yeah. It's an MMO. If you get over the whole addiction thing, it's still an MMO. It's different from just quitting a game like Final Fantasy. You're actually having relationships with other players, other people. A game like WoW quickly becomes a secondary life. I'm sure most of you would leave a suicide note if you committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman View Post

More like 'doubtful reader is doubtful'. Moving from one MMO to the next is not "moving on" to me, no matter how one might assert that he won't be "as invested" as he was previously.

But I will admit it does feel good to think you're actually moving on, so believe what you want.

Cool story bro.

But it was too long, I didn't read it.

Like someone said, I would take baking cookies over WoW any day. I don't usually like I quit WoW posts but this one was fun to read, plus I can relate to the OP.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Deleted
    I'm 22 years old and I've left the game two months ago, and haven't looked back. Not that I didn't like it, but it requires more time than I'm willing to spend on a video game to be somewhat competitive. Other than WoW, I haven't really played games during the last years so that I have now stopped playing games altogether - I seem to have lost my interest, really, and I'm ok with the fact that this phase of my life is over. It's been a fun ride.

Note that stopping to play is not magically gonna solve all your problems, since your time management and not the game (!) was the problem to begin with. But it can be a first step to take.

Cheers, was a good read

Grats on quitting doing something.

What an amazing epiphany you've struck.

Now if people would only quit posting posts about quitting...

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    I'm 22 years old and I've left the game two months ago, and haven't looked back. Not that I didn't like it, but it requires more time than I'm willing to spend on a video game to be somewhat competitive. Other than WoW, I haven't really played games during the last years so that I have now stopped playing games altogether - I seem to have lost my interest, really, and I'm ok with the fact that this phase of my life is over. It's been a fun ride.

Note that stopping to play is not magically gonna solve all your problems, since your time management and not the game (!) was the problem to begin with. But it can be a first step to take.

Cheers, was a good read
    This guy, if he's telling the truth, has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaype View Post
    Same deal, I quit WoW randomly one night when I thought to myself..

It's just the same thing all over again..lol

And when I realized I kept ditching my friends who would go out and party/socialize, instead I stayed in playing WoW.

THOSE are days I'm not getting back, days WoW have claimed.
    Don't you notice after you quit WoW you have sooo much more free time lol.

Now I just pretty much play games that are meant to be played casually (pick up and play, every player is on equal grounds. NOT a grind fest like WoW), and it just happens my RL friends play these games as well so its a plus. (MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 FTW)
    Q_Q
    ur still posting on mmo champ
    Gladiator Underbyte

Deleted
    I quit too! back in january. Guess I got over this game after 5 years :P
    Dont know if I start playing another mmo, maybe I try rift for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoton View Post
    I quit too! back in january. Guess I got over this game after 5 years :P
    Dont know if I start playing another mmo, maybe I try rift for a while.
    refer to the post above yours.
    Gladiator Underbyte

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice one guy makes us all wonder if wow is even worth it or not. My guild doesnt raid yet in the new expansion and at this point I dont really care you have put into words what I have been feeling I spend more time watching the tv then paying attenton to what Im doing in game anymore. Good Job Blizz you took a game that used to be fun into something boring and not really worth anyones time I dont think your promised new instances are even going to work. I just put a 2 month card on my account and like Avesthman I believe this is my last 2 months. Good Job Blizz you thought a new game would kill wow looks like you did that all by yourself.