Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon, then. And now.

So yes i still play pokemon! Now that we have that out of the way, have you guys noticed with then new generations the game has become more cartoonish then say, gold, silver, crystal, era. I pre-ordered white today, just because of the newish 3d engine they have going, looks like it may be a better experience then d/p was. What ws your favorite version of pokemon? I for one remember being younger and buy my first GBC + pokemon crystal, and I have been hooked ever since.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

The pokemon get more unoriginal every generation. Silver/Gold were the last great generations with unique pokemon.

And why is every legendary pokemon some metal guy from another dimension these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favourite game across all platforms is Pokemon Stadium. Most epicly cute minigames ever!

Of the "Collect & Fight"-games, nothing will ever beat the original Silver/Gold to me. Yes, I know that Red/Yellow/Green/Blue were first, but I found GS more fun. There. I said it!

Gotta say, thoguh. I still make a point of always having a copy of the newest one, because I love games that lets you collect stuff. So the pokemon games are kiiiindof paradise to me^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    My personal favourite game across all platforms is Pokemon Stadium. Most epicly cute minigames ever!

Of the "Collect & Fight"-games, nothing will ever beat the original Silver/Gold to me. Yes, I know that Red/Yellow/Green/Blue were first, but I found GS more fun. There. I said it!

Gotta say, thoguh. I still make a point of always having a copy of the newest one, because I love games that lets you collect stuff. So the pokemon games are kiiiindof paradise to me^^
    Started with Red and Blue, bought Yellow and finally Gold and Silver.
    Also had Pokemon Stadium 1, 2 and Pokemon Snap for N64.

All of those were awesome, imo. [Stadium 2 got kinda hard later on, though...]

Biggest achievement was getting blue to 151 pokedex. :P

Edit: Not to forget, THAT blue edition also had lvl 141 Mewtwos down at that island. Yep, you heard me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post

Edit: Not to forget, THAT blue edition also had lvl 141 Mewtwos down at that island. Yep, you heard me.
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I am stoked o.O
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Charizard and Tyrannitar and my favs. Also, looking forward to picking up Black. Stopped playing after Gold but I figured that I could play on my train rides into work...sleep is overrated.

Balls Deep!!

The pokemon certainly get worse with each game. Although... I DO think Diamond and Pearl were just a biiiit better than Ruby and Sapphire. Anyway; good pokemon or not, I am still getting White.
    I am calypso, and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Not sure if i want to get white version....i dont really have anyone around me thats even interested in playing it.
    I agree completely with this. It's why games like oblivion and fallout are my favourites, i must find everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Only played Red and Gold, stopped after that, but those were really fun. My red cartridge is kinda screwy at the moment. Not sure if it's just age, or one too many Missingo cheats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Only played Red and Gold, stopped after that, but those were really fun. My red cartridge is kinda screwy at the moment. Not sure if it's just age, or one too many Missingo cheats.
    if it wont save, the internal battery is dead, and will need to be replaced(not my information 2nd hand from a friend)
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    if it wont save, the internal battery is dead, and will need to be replaced(not my information 2nd hand from a friend)
    Nah, it's some pixels showing up where they aren't supposed to. My Nidoking has a black square covering his right foot, etc.

Deleted
    Gold/Silver dominated all other games imho. Apart for Stadium on 64

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I played Blue (bro had Red). And then when I was 12 - before Gold was released - I was on vacation in Hawaii with my grandma and made her buy me the pre-American release Japanese Gold version. It was nearly impossible to play lol. I eventually got the strategy guide for it, but I eventually got stuck on a puzzle or something that I couldn't pass without being able to read the options.

I'd really like to get Black or White, but I don't have a DS. They are still like $150 aren't they? Hard to imagine shelling out $200 just to play one game.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    The pokemon get more unoriginal every generation. Silver/Gold were the last great generations with unique pokemon.

And why is every legendary pokemon some metal guy from another dimension these days?
    I Agree 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valore View Post
    I played Blue (bro had Red). And then when I was 12 - before Gold was released - I was on vacation in Hawaii with my grandma and made her buy me the pre-American release Japanese Gold version. It was nearly impossible to play lol. I eventually got the strategy guide for it, but I eventually got stuck on a puzzle or something that I couldn't pass without being able to read the options.

I'd really like to get Black or White, but I don't have a DS. They are still like $150 aren't they? Hard to imagine shelling out $200 just to play one game.
    i started on pokemon silver then to crystal, is spent 175. for the DSI XL + soul silver. i just needed that piece of my childhood :P. so far it has been a great investment
    doh my god....

i enjoyed fire red just because of the nostalgia
    nothing can compare to red/blue imo

Deleted
    PKMN till DIAMOND is good, the new black/white generation lack creativity and the pokemons are dull.
    My favorite was Crystal followed by Emerald.

Deleted
    Im scared to buy White/Black to be fair, I liked red blue yellow silver gold crystal sapphire ruby then it went downhill for me.. The "new" pokemons just look shit.... Like they are running out of ideas i mean if you look at the first 150 they look more.... realistic if you understand what I mean, Also that they now move in combat and they tried to 3D it a bit just seems Meh, I like oldschool sprites but it may be my age finally catching up with me who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    i enjoyed fire red just because of the nostalgia
    nothing can compare to red/blue imo
    yup, i have fire red too, the remake made me happy

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I loved Blue/Red because I was a kid then, Pokemon was THE SHIT! Then it started to die out and Gold and Silver came out, I bought Silver and loved it aswell, but then it started to die again... Years later Ruby and Saphire appeared, and I kinda laughed at it, thinking "Pfft how long will it go on, it's just silly now blablabla", but a friend lend me his gameboy fancy fancy (Ooh also, I had the original gameboy, so I couldn't even play the new games) with Saphire... LOVED IT, got me into pokemon again, bought a new gameboy and Ruby version, then came Firered and Leafgreen. Now those were the golden oldies, but with new stuff, so I bought them and loved them... Then the years went by, and pokemon went away, until Diamond and Pearl appeared along with the DS. Now, I didn't want either DS or Pearl/Diamond, but one day my wii died, my tv died and my pc died (this all happened within the same week!!!) so I bought a DS with Pearl... Again, pretty awesome, even bought the pokemon game for the wii (meanwhile I also had the ones for the n64 and the gamecube), and to top it all, then they re-did Silver and Gold, so of course I bought Soulsilver. And now I have to realise, that I still think pokemon is pretty cool, so I will buy either Black and White... Damnit, I still LOVE to play pokemon.... Sigh.... And I know that when they re-do Ruby and Saphire, I will buy that... Release me evil pokemon!!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann