Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My 10 man has been screwed over by RNG also, we have 2 conq 2 vanq and 6 protector, so far we have had like 8 conq bits (5 shoulder 2 chest 1 hat) 2 protector (1 shoulder 1 chest) and 2 vanq (1 shoulder 1 chest)
    We have the same 10 people every week, but only raid for 3-7 hours/week and we just can't get 4 piece for our DPS, which is really sad, we also havn't seen a single mail bracer for hunter or shaman and we have 4/10 of those

First 3 halfus hard mode kills dropped paly healing legs....

Deleted
    We also have some loot that just doesn't want to drop, but with only like 12 kills on bosses it's pretty much to be expected.
    What does annoy me is the lack of the BoE wand drop from BoT trash. We've had every other trash drop in BWD and BoT at least 3 times now, pretty sure the bwd agi trinket over 8 times now, but never ever the wand.

Deleted
    lol...We had 5 identical items drop on Toxitron...yeah, loot definately is working as it should. At least we got to upgrade some tanks tho.

Deleted
    Only doing the normal raids at the moment 9/12 however we have had the 2h mace drop from magmaw almost every time we have done the fight, in face all thre of our paladins have one (2 os 1 ms) our warrior has 2 (os) and I have de'd at least 2, also from trash drops in bastion we have has the bracers of the dark pool multiple times our I have one our priest has one (os) and we have sold three, in fact we actuly got 2 pairs from 1 trash pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG can be a real bitch some times. we got 0 priest/pala tokens so far and we are 2/12 HC we have DEd at least 4 Incineratus
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-03-09 at 01:58 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, RNG is RNG

Our resto-shaman didn't get any drops either for 19 raid boss kills (we were keeping count after the first week he joined us and didn't get anything) and in the last week he got belt, chest, trinket, neck, and wrist :O

That's just the way things are sometimes, but look on the bright side: all your useless loot drops are being DE'd into maelstroms (I hope) so when you *do* get loot, you'll have the mats for the high-end enchants

yeah man, on my rogue i have killed ods 12 times and no shoulders and magmaw 10 times and no bracers. alot of the same stuff seems to drop for us too.
    ggg

Deleted
    Seen plenty 'Heart of Anger' and the Axe that drops off Cho'gall; I think it's going straight to disenchant barring anyone new to the team.

It's just a fact of life in the 25 man raids now. TBH it's actually quite useful because it speeds up the loot process - once everyone who needs something has got it, we just send it straight to OS/Dis at the end of the other items.

Now having useless loot for the raid composition - thats a different kettle of fish....

I was on backup the other night for farm content and every thing I needed from BWD dropped and it got disenchanted because none of the other priests needed it.

lol i went through wrath on my lock with the 200 offhand from badge vendor on my lock. the only good offhand that ever dropped in ToC10 went to a resto druid trying to be a boomkin and was wearing all 187 blues and 200 resto gear...sad part was he was on an alt character he doesn't play often. going through icc, lady deathwhisper never dropped the offhand unless i was tanking it on my paladin or on another toon.

but sad part was i still topped meters, i made due with what i had and stayed at the top of the game and out of fire. remember gear != skill, bring the player not the gear.
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

It's not a huge deal if DPS gear for one player doesn't drop. What sucks is having 1 or 2 tank drops over the span of three months.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Valiona/Theralion always drop the Agil neck for us. Every. single. week. lol.

Otherwise it hasn't been -too- bad.

@Zero: I had issues with Offhands in Wrath too haha. Carried around a naxx one for most of the expansion. I finally broke down and picked up a hit rating one after the casters didn't need it. (I'm heals) >_<
    I am a filthy casual!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Stop crying. Random loot is random.

We have the polearm with agility on from halfus drop every time we dont have a hunter or druid in the raid.

Not to mention all the resto shaman gear droppin.
    Staff steve..not a Polearm :<.

OT: Yes, Happens to me with the Staff from Halfus, and legs from Magmaw(Hunter). The legs drop on my pally -.-.
    Random loot is random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the continuing failure of RNG loot. No wonder people are moving away from that design.

Deleted
    I know it's RNG and all but sometimes you just get the feeling that some items aren't meant to drop at all. We've yet to see the leather agi shoulders from Omnotron, we've seen the tank trinket from V&T only once and I could go on.....

It really is annoying when you have items drop every single time and you've yet to see other items though farming every week since January. I remember another thread about this RNG loot system, where ppl (incl. myself) suggested some sort of program that would keep track on item drop percentages.
    Say that the tank trinket from Magmaw has been dropping 3 weeks in a row but the agi leather bracers hasn't dropped in 2 months, then those bracers would have their chance to drop increased or something like that.

Another suggestion was that loot nobody could use even for their OS, sholdn't drop at all. I don't know about this last suggestion, but I think that suggestion 1 seems quite fair.

We've had 7 axes from heroic Nef. No rogues/enha shamans. We've had 5 axes from Cho'gall heroic, 2 of those have been DE'd so far.
    WTB Ashkandi already
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    It's frustrating, that RNG. We saw the Halfus shoulders drop 6 times in a row, with the staff being dropped once.
    Our luck with loot is irritating since we've gotten enough plate dps drops to gear our only plate dps (yours truly, Ret pally) to full epic (save for one thing, ill get to it later) and our Warr tank with a nearly full epic Fury OS (missing the helmet and weapons). Also, we've seen plenty of DPS cloth to gear out our single Mage and enough agi mail to pimp out our hunters and Enha Shammy, and our feral tank has a working kitty offspec..

At the same time our healers are relying mainly on valorpoints and our two plate tanks have only recently started to get drops. We do good dps but our tanks take a lot of damage and our healers have manatrouble. Frustrating.

Oh and I've yet to see Magmaw drop the mace... or Nef drop the Sword. or Cho'gall drop the Axe. So I'm stuck with the PVP hammer.

Deleted
    I do no longer believe in RNG is RNG. That works to a certain extent, but the abnormalities we and many other guilds have experienced are far beyond the statistical likeliness of them happening.
    We had 2 vanquisher tokens among the first 36 token drops. There's a 1 in 173128 guilds chance of that happening. And the amount of guilds having obtained 36 tokens at that time was far far far less. Similar experiences have been reported by other guilds.
    Besides that, we had a couple of items drop on 90% of the kills (agi trinket on halfus, plate bracers on omnotron, healing neck on maloriak), with several items coming close to that. You could blame rng for that, but with a droplist of 12 items on halfus, and 16 kills, that is not only something that shouldn't happen by laws of fairness, but also something that should have a very very low chance. And yet, this is behavior reported by a lot of guilds.

Also, we are getting tons of combinations alot, in many cases we have gotten the exact same 2 items as the week before, and the week before that, and maybe even the week before that. With a list of 12 items, and only 2 drops, that might happen a few times under normal RNG circumstances, but you're not supposed to see that on 3 bosses every week. This should have a 0.8% chance of happening. Or about once or twice total with my 140 boss kills in cata. Not on 15-25 occasions. This behavior is also reported by a lot of guilds.

No as we're a 10 man guild, we haven't experienced this, but a lot of guilds are getting the 4/5 of one item thing a lot as well. Only one every 248832 bosses should produce 5 of the same item. If you look at the number of guilds that have killed stuff, and the amount of times that bosses have been killed, then you will find that statistically this shouldn't have happened more than a few times. Yes, random is random, but you're talking about crazy anomaly's here.

While all gear can obviously drop, it does seem that the random number generator used to calculate it, is using some seed that remains similar every week and is producing these results.
    Last edited by mmocf3a1a1b543; 2011-04-02 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Although I don't know where you got your numbers from and I myself almost flunked math in what would be College in USA, I think that alot of us are thinking something similar.

RNG is indeed RNG but as you just said, it seems very weird that a guild clearing a boss for 3 months+ has yet to see several items drop. Remembering back to ICC, TOC, Ulduar and Naxx, I've never seen RNG being so seeming not RNG tbh.

As I mentioned in my previous post, if this is indeed RNG, something should be changed. Cause it seems in no way RNG and it seems no way random, when you get the same loot 3-4 weeks in a row......

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Stop crying. Random loot is random.

We have the polearm with agility on from halfus drop every time we dont have a hunter or druid in the raid.

Not to mention all the resto shaman gear droppin.
    Statement in the first line, contradiction in the other 2.
    Not saying your first statement isn't accurate, only saying you kind of don't sound like you believe what you just said.