Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    God forbid Druids actually get a hardcore nerf and live with it. Oh well.
    I guess you didnt play in early TBC, but the nerf ferals got then were worse than the DK ones at the start of WOTLK. Those nerfs were needed because i could just faceroll people to death.

This shapeshift nerf on the other hand was not needed, looking at our arena representation we were on the lower end of the top 200 & we only had 1 feral in the top 50 (pre 4.0.6) in 3v3 where blizzard claims they are trying to balance it around

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    This shapeshift nerf on the other hand was not needed, looking at our arena representation we were on the lower end of the top 200 & we only had 1 feral in the top 50 (pre 4.0.6) in 3v3 where blizzard claims they are trying to balance it around
    the fact that we low respresented in arena does not mean we dont pwn. it means we are an less fun class to play, besides the top200 also has a lot todo whit the team combination and not whit individuals
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    the fact that we low respresented in arena does not mean we dont pwn. it means we are an less fun class to play, besides the top200 also has a lot todo whit the team combination and not whit individuals
    No. Feral became pretty overpopulated after 4.0. Just soooo many Ferals that don't know what they're doing.

The low representation had to do with the spec being awesome, but not nearly as OP as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    now a cooldown to break fear... lets hear some ideas.
    Berserk.

It should break fear but not make you immune to it, IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viR View Post
    Berserk.

It should break fear but not make you immune to it, IMO.
    Tiger's Fury and Enrage should break fear.

1 Fear breaker on a 3 min CD isn't going to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a change in the right direction, but with the long CDs on those 2 abilities, we need some root protection as well. Perhaps making it so it breaks the roots and makes us immune for ~6 sec afterwords might be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    This is a change in the right direction, but with the long CDs on those 2 abilities, we need some root protection as well. Perhaps making it so it breaks the roots and makes us immune for ~6 sec afterwords might be a better choice.
    You should probably be happy that they are considering giving you the ability to break them back at all, considering the change to shifting last patch and the specific reason given being "Ferals were immune to or able to get out of too much CC" asking for more CC immunity is a little silly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

We lost our fear break/immunity because we were immune to poly and roots, now not only are ferals susceptible to every cc except poly we have bonus cc we are susceptible to being fear beast and hibernate. as well as a good shaman having hte ability to hex if we pop out to use predatory swiftness, since the base cast is 1.5 with any haste they can beat our gcd. so druids have no bonus cc immunity and no cc breakers right now, dk's have ams warriors have lolstorm rogues have cloak pallies have bof and enhance has wolves and earthen power.

Of those 1 is a 25 second cd for 5 sec immunity, 1 is 45 second cd 5 sec immunity, 1.5 min cd 5 sec immunity, 1.5 min cd 6 sec immunity, 15 sec cd pulsing root break, 3 min cd wolves with a 32 sec cd root/snare break. now druids being vulnerible to everything is even how when only 1 other class doesn't have a 5 sec immunity cc and they have a pulsing root break they can cast every 15 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Useless change IMO, kitties are still going to get raped by roots. Mages that aren't dumb are going to force their dash/stampeding roar and be ready to root them again. I doubt that they would be immune to roots for that duration because that's just OP. Sad days for teh kittehs we are living these days huh?
    You are Way to used to easy root breaking, as a rogue i only have 1 root breaker on a 1min 20sec cooldown.

no, you have root immunity for 5 seconds, the current change for ferals is just a break.

What is there to be happy about? ...
    We DON'T do direct damage, so what use is this if you're going to be rooted 5 secs later?
    When you're rooted again 5 secs later, how will you build up cp?

Have you seen our cd?
    What? You think you can self heal like a DK or a pala? Think you can vanish? Or break fear?
    People... this all we've got damnit.

Blizz is pissing on us and people rejoice as if the Elixir of Life was falling from the heavens.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 06:06 PM ----------

Sorry double tap post.

What I'm getting seriously pissed off about is the mage frost tree.
    And how can a class have such an arsenal of cc, mobility an high burst damage without anyone blink at feckin blizzard

Yeah I'm seriously pissed off.
    But worse, I'm pissed off at the druid community saying thank you for that bone thrown at them like to some worthless dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    I seem to remember Blizzard mentioning that just because a spec does not have particularly high Arena representation doesn't mean that they are immune to being balanced. I think at the time they were talking about Protection Paladins in PVP.

But worse, I'm pissed off at the druid community saying thank you for that bone thrown at them like to some worthless dogs.
    ...You are pissed off at the people who play Druids because they are not all on the forums crying and making worthless QQ posts about a possible upcoming buff to their spec on the PTR?
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-05 at 06:12 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I seem to remember Blizzard mentioning that just because a spec does not have particularly high Arena representation doesn't mean that they are immune to being balanced. I think at the time they were talking about Protection Paladins in PVP.
    Yes i remember that as well, but instead of moving closer to balance 4.0.6 moved it further away. A soon as anyone gots a decent amount of resilience pvp felt a lot more balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    now the question is...does it also makes you immune to roots while in dash and roar duration?

cuz blowing a dash cd. then getting rooted afterwards will make it useless.
    just like the gnome racial.

Deleted
    Really, Blizzard has noticed how largely they screwed up when making us not able to get out of roots which has always been "the thing" about druids. They have even wrought lore about it. Adding this is just a compensation of their mistake, I think actually in patch 4.2 (Or the major patch after 4.1) they will buff us even more.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 07:29 PM ----------

now the question is...does it also makes you immune to roots while in dash and roar duration?
    Well my friend, if it does, ferals will actually get viable in PvP again.

Gief hand of freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    ...You are pissed off at the people who play Druids because they are not all on the forums crying and making worthless QQ posts about a possible upcoming buff to their spec on the PTR?
    No I am pissed off for people to actually think this concept is a godsend

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 07:26 PM ----------

More double tap ..

If someone stole a diamant from you and returns a stone insisting it's just as good, wouldn't you think you're being taken for a fool?
    Now, if others in your same predicament were saying the stone was a good deal, wouldn't you be pissed off?

There was nothing wrong with the druid dude - bar the disproportionate damage bleeds did.
    The solution to the problem was not related to our mobility - and arguably if it was, the solution provided shows a distinct lack of understanding of pvp mechanics.
    Mastery may well be a success for other classes / specs, but it was a total failure for the druid cat.

Blizzard simply screwed us by being incompetent in the mastery design, and to not lose face, they ignored shed loads of solid arguments and suggestions. Instead, they treated us like worthless clients pretending they did not hear.

Tell me, who do you ignore when you are talked to? I'll tell you: an idiot, or someone low in your estimation.

They also failed to realise the value of years of loyalty that in turn, means passion - for this game playing this spec.
    So they botched up the druid due to public demand - in a rush to appease that wave of those new customers without a clue.

Now, once more (and only for commercial sense) they are treating the same people they robbed like idiots.
    They come up with a half baked concept that does NOT address the flaws of playing a cat in pvp.
    Cats are not balanced EVEN WITH THOSE CHANGES.

The problem does not lay with the druid only - other classes need tuning. Or if you will focus on the druid only, be fair. Give it something on par with the rest.
    Must I spell it out for you?
    And besides, as far as the druid cat is concerned, if only it was simply pvp that needed sorting out ...

That's why I am pissed off dude.
    That someone has the nerve to ignore thousand of common sense arguments, that someone knows feck all about their own job making such a display of incompetence and act as if they were golden, that someone takes my money and feels above communicating when I ask simple eloquent questions...

That someone tells me the problem is fixed with what anyone can see is a shit concept that still won't make cats pvp viable.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 07:30 PM ----------

Triple tap.

And since I wont reroll cos I love my cat to bits, I'll keep ranting until those clowns @ Blizz shape up.
    And hope others without shit in their eyes (bless em) do the same until the fun in this game is restored for cats.

Deleted
    good mage could already kill feral with eas.. mirror images to force shifting 24/7, no incomming damage. If those are on cd use icy veins (glyphed) and kite :S U got RIP? iceblock..

now its just root root root and feral is dead. 1v1 i dont care much but this scenario makes feral useless in arena. hurr durr dispeller? think about cc, silience and being a little occupied to heal.

I agree the dots ticked to high pre cata 4.01 and 4.01/4.03 cata. However it still was not exeptionally good in arena, just a viable option. Better luck next patch..

ferals are actually pretty decent at the high end of arena, maybe even stronger than pre-4.0.6 now because of some other changes (ferals were not really very strong at all at 3s in 4.0.6. now it actually has some relatively strong comps [ignoring the obvious gimmicks like every warrior team in the game being able to slay things instantly in a charge stun right now, making feral/warr/healer [and every other warrior cleave] insanely strong against most things]).

however the spec is the single most partner-reliant spec in the game and is also just infinitely awful to play in nearly every situation outside arena and in a lot of situations in arena

like i said when blizzard announced the patch 4.0.6 changes i'd take awful but fun over strong but annoying and horrible to play any day, unfortunately they seem to have ignored me

the current ptr changes will make it marginally stronger than it is right now (well, maybe not overall, there are also a lot of changes that have potential to hurt it and arena power is very metagame-dependent), but won't do anything to make it feel like the spec i've actually enjoyed for the last few years, so they don't really matter to me at all
    I like this, it's from a 2700+ 3v3 active Feral druid. I read this, got my confidence back and started to PvP again. It's extremely frustrating and not fun, compared to our original playstyle, but at the same time I kinda enjoy it.. We shouldn't be in this situation, but in his opinion we're better than ever. I enjoy PvP'ing again (at least for the most part), although seeing a resto druid makes me cringe regardless of whether I win in the end or not.

It's still not justifable that they did this and then gave us baby buffs to try and compensate, maybe we'll see more PvP help. But PvP is fun, you just have to think about something else when you're stuck in a root and shouldn't be.
    Last edited by littlepiggy; 2011-03-06 at 06:39 AM.