Thread: Ok really?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Well for one, the shammy isnt pro putting that out there right now, just grabbed him to run twos for points i have a 3s for rating, the only way we killed the DK was lining up every CC/silence we could on the disc priest long enough to kill the dk i was hoping posting here would grant me some info into a way of beating disc priest but all ive gotten is 2s are dead which i know now, and your bad get better, so thanx for the advice really appreciate it
    Killing a disc Priest with a Resto Shaman / Afflic Lock isn't that difficult, your Shaman just has to realize that there's no threat to his life and he can play 100% aggressively. He needs to purge everything the moment it's applied, and windsheer anything with a cast time while using Frost Shock as much as possible to help you keep him slowed. Basically a Disc Priest has his shield, renew, and prayer of mending that are instant casts.. these can all be purged (although getting PoM before it bounces when there's dots ticking is going to be extremely difficult.) Beyond that he has to cast to heal himself. Wind sheer is widely considered one of the most powerful abilities in the game, even by Shamans themselves.. having him interrupt cast time spells is key to getting the kill.

Your first job is getting him out in the opened with a good fear bomb which will allow you to get full dots ticking on him, then hitting him with Shadowflame every CD. I realize this will put you in range of a fear, but you will be dispelled almost instantly if your partner is doing his job. You should use curse of tongues whenever he isn't feared.. this will buy more time for those last second interrupts and buy your Shaman more time to clean off those shields, renews, PoMs before another is applied. You then need to focus on keeping your dots up, keeping haunt up, keeping him in LoS (with fears, shadowflames, etc) and saving your deathcoil for that moment when he's low but he has a shield around his cast bar.

It seems like your Shaman wasn't doing his job.. he needs to be purging anything he can and use Windsheer every time the Priest casts while using Frost Shock on CD and keeping an Earthbind down near the Priest to make sure the Priest never really moves fast. He also needs to make sure he's not ever sitting on top of the Priest so that when you get feared he can just dispel it instead of both of you eating a full duration fear and letting him get back to 100% hp. Whenever he can, he needs to be throwing as much damage out as possible but this is nowhere near as important as getting off purges (what's more important, finishing the last .5s of that lightning spell that will do 4k damage and just be absorbed or removing that shield that will absorb 25k damage? it's a no brainer.)

Thank you Aso i will show my shammy this and hopefully he will learn it, but yes thank you for being one of the first and only people to post here to help me

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Well for one, the shammy isnt pro putting that out there right now, just grabbed him to run twos for points i have a 3s for rating, the only way we killed the DK was lining up every CC/silence we could on the disc priest long enough to kill the dk i was hoping posting here would grant me some info into a way of beating disc priest but all ive gotten is 2s are dead which i know now, and your bad get better, so thanx for the advice really appreciate it
    Stop being an ungrateful little shit and read the posts that are longer than 10 words long, there's your advice. Heck, if you couldn't figure out where you went wrong yourself maybe you should think of dumping the shaman and 2's altogether or use Vent and get a mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you had a lock/resto shammy right? Sounds like your shaman should have gone on the offensive and mostly purged/wind sheared all of his hots/shields and interrupt as much of the rest as he could. Might be able to throw in some damage in between as well.
    Basically this. You should have told your bad shaman to purge/interrupt. Im sure if you had 25 mins to kill the priest you could have spend 10 seconds to type that out.

2 baddies playing 2's = lose.

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    I've been slowly stopping doing 2s and just sticking to 3s. It is very frustrating doing games and being in there for such a long period of time. Of course you can go with another dps, but I don't know how far that will get in the long run. Me and a frost mage did pretty good before the fel armor nerf. And i did pretty decent with a rogue.
    iv been running a 2's team double DPS and its our alts so we only play til cap but we havent lost a game yet, literally we run in and we can kill any healer 5-10secs no matter what they are, and against a double dps team we can kill them within 15-20secs. we are Arms warrior and Shadow Priest.

Tell your shaman to purge/wind shear.

Lol.