Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We couldn't get it done in time. Sorry!
    this

Seriously if 4.2 hit in august or september and titan and "WOW X4" mid-2012 we'll just have firelands, deathwings raid and that's it with cataclysm ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problems with this. Other than the usual wrist cutters looking for something to cry about. I'd rather have it released when it's ready then rushed, or have everything else delayed so it can be finished. It seemed too soon to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    lol... people like you just dont get it..
    i love when people say to link an achievement just to show them that they have "beat" the game.

things get boring.. you cant raid all the time.
    so they why care that a "raid" is being pushed back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    Is your whole guild decked out already? If not thats pretty selfish. They are holding it back because the majority of the players that raid, have not finished the content, and dont want to release new content that has gear that will easily trump current difficult content. Dont like it, then take your little break, but I am sure your guild wont love you for it.

I am willing to bet the majority of you that think this is a silly decision have not even fully experienced the current raids. Stupid, silly, idiotic Blizzard? No, I say thoughtless, simple minded, slow players for asking for more than what they can currently handle.

Not to mention it gives them more time to create a more epic encounter, than what is already started.
    You can see my normal mode achieves and dark phoenix not anywhere near done with heroic modes yet HOWEVER that does not mean I want to raid this same crap for another 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Can I see your Al'Akir heroic achievement?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../vuldin/simple You can see mine if you like.

I agree with him though. Fuck this game. We just came out of t10, where we were in ICC for a whole year without anything new (Halion does not count). Now the next tier, for a while it seemed like t12 would be out in 4.1 this May~, but now, it's not. If 4.1 is around 2 months away that would make it May, and so 4.2 would be AT LEAST 3-4 months after that, making it September/October.

Best way to solve burn out and attrition? Blizzard's answer is to NOT ADD NEW RAID CONTENT, let's let everyone farm the same bosses for several more months! Really, this is just, annoying. I know I'm not 13/13, but damn, I know I'll be sick of seeing Sinestra dead on the floor several times over by the time Firelands should've been out, just as much as I was sick of seeing LK dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea its right behind u

ok, this, alongside the nerfs of disc priest are making me think to take a break in 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    so they why care that a "raid" is being pushed back?
    Because doing the same routine over and over is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Just wow. Has anything like this happened since Vanilla? I'm not coming back for two dungeons. It isn't like they haven't released dungeons and raids alongside each other before. I don't mind the ZG/ZA idea at all, but anyway you shake it, it's less content per time.

Unless 4.2 is just around the corner from 4.1, and involves more than 1 raid (the real holdup?) this is really disappointing...

I agree with everyone that this is a big letdown, but at the same time Blizzard is right in saying that the vast majority of players haven't cleared T1 of Cataclysm raiding yet. The fact is that if they released Firelands real soon with 4.1, a lot of people would be bitching about not being geared for it. So I'm still kinda pissed, but at the same time I can understand some of the logic behind the decision.

But is Abyssal Maw coming in 4.1 or not? They haven't said a word on it yet.

People like this are the reason some parents should not reproduce

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    10 man Al'akir totally doesnt count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    Because doing the same routine over and over is not fun.
    Absolutely. There's enough repetition to the game as it is without them making it worse.

Why should someone have to full clear heroics in order to move onto the next tier of raiding? A lot of people wont be able to, or dont even want to do heroic raids.

I have to say, that this decision concerns me greatly.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Meh, gives time for more raid progression. A small percentage of the raiding community has 13/13 HMs done, and when 4.1 is released, the percentage will still be pretty small imo. Blizzard, as always, is appealing to the majority of the community, no surprise there.

At least they're releasing something, and maybe this new "smaller, but more frequent content release" will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../vuldin/simple You can see mine if you like.

I agree with him though. Fuck this game. We just came out of t10, where we were in ICC for a whole year without anything new (Halion does not count). Now the next tier, for a while it seemed like t12 would be out in 4.1 this May~, but now, it's not. If 4.1 is around 2 months away that would make it May, and so 4.2 would be AT LEAST 3-4 months after that, making it September/October.

Best way to solve burn out and attrition? Blizzard's answer is to NOT ADD NEW RAID CONTENT, let's let everyone farm the same bosses for several more months! Really, this is just, annoying. I know I'm not 13/13, but damn, I know I'll be sick of seeing Sinestra dead on the floor several times over by the time Firelands should've been out, just as much as I was sick of seeing LK dead.

I understand your anger, but... Okay, I don't really understand it. You're really the small minority that's done all raiding content thus far and is impatient and demands more. Most of the playerbase hasn't caught up yet and is indeed still doing heroic 5-mans.

things get boring.. you cant raid all the time.
    Uhm. Rather a dumb comment. They just said they are going to push out content faster. Yet, you complain about being bored because you cannot raid all of the time.

It would be a lovely world if people took the time to think before they typed.

No.

This was the case in Wrath. Blizzard has moved away from this model, and heroic encounters are now a part of the natural progression.

Translation: You are intended to clear the current content, or at the very least advance to the final tier before moving on to the next piece of raid content.
    Considering the difficulty of the content at this moment (without nerfs), I highly doubt the majority of players will have the chance to do just that. How exactly does one measure heroic content being, uhm, beaten... is there a number of guilds/players having the achievements of the majority of heroic encounters or...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I agree with everyone that this is a big letdown, but at the same time Blizzard is right in saying that the vast majority of players haven't cleared T1 of Cataclysm raiding yet. The fact is that if they released Firelands real soon with 4.1, a lot of people would be bitching about not being geared for it. So I'm still kinda pissed, but at the same time I can understand some of the logic behind the decision.

But is Abyssal Maw coming in 4.1 or not? They haven't said a word on it yet.
    Most players aren't hard into raiding. The day when *most* of the players are through that content probably won't ever come. It seems like a poor excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    10 man Al'akir totally doesnt count.
    I like how you probably looked up my guild to see if it was 10man or 25man. I'm sorry if 10man Al'Akir isn't as hard as 25man is, but most of the other bosses are harder.