Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New Resto shaman Cd

Spirit Link Totem (new talent) reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. This counts as an Air totem and has a 3-minute cooldown.

discuss ... pretty sweet change imo

the health redistribution thing confuses me as to how it will work out
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

it confuses blizzard too i think they have tried implementing spirit link for 2 expansions now

it seems quite awesome! the way I read it it works like:
    10 people buffed has 10k hp each so 100k hp combined (simple numbers for better understanding) then the tank gets hit for 2k, this would normally reduce him to 8k, but the totem spreads the dmg so the dmg is done to the 100k - > 98k making the tanks final health only 9.8k so it reduced the amount of dmg the tank took by 90%. it's a pretty neat cd imo. the above example is after the 10% dmg reduction is taken into account. it makes raid take more dmg and the tank takes a lot less. in fights where the tank and tank only take some nasty spike dmg, this is a very awesome cd. in raid aoe situations it's just 10% dmg reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds
    Timing and range seem a bit meh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post
    Timing and range seem a bit meh :P
    Exactly... was kinda hoping for a real cooldown like guardian spirit/PWB/Pain/Treeform instead of this thing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    it seems quite awesome! the way I read it it works like:
    10 people buffed has 10k hp each so 100k hp combined (simple numbers for better understanding) then the tank gets hit for 2k, this would normally reduce him to 8k, but the totem spreads the dmg so the dmg is done to the 100k - > 98k making the tanks final health only 9.8k so it reduced the amount of dmg the tank took by 90%. it's a pretty neat cd imo. the above example is after the 10% dmg reduction is taken into account. it makes raid take more dmg and the tank takes a lot less. in fights where the tank and tank only take some nasty spike dmg, this is a very awesome cd. in raid aoe situations it's just 10% dmg reduction.
    The way I understand it is that it distributes the damage to everyone who's affected by the totem, this is, to everyone in 10 yards of it. So yes, tank only takes 200 damage but everyone else affected also take 200 damage. Overall damage taken would be the same as tank would normally take, minus that 10% obviously. If it's like this, it's extremely powerful cooldown. Definitely needs to be reworded though, it's confusing as hell now.

Only gripe I have about it is that unlike GS, PS or similar, it requires quite a lot of coordination from the raid, especially when tanking a boss with huge hitbox. Not a problem for me though, I have decent guild behind me, but for pug raids etc., it's going to become unusable.
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2011-03-04 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    RAID-WIDE damage reduction and basically no possibility of death within the duration is a bad cooldown? Lol what?
    Nobody said it was bad, it just seems lacking. Much like a gimped version of PW:B.

I just hope it has a bad ass animation like the others. Maybe winds connecting everyone D: like chain heal.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-03-04 at 02:35 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nobody said it was bad, it just seems lacking. Much like a gimped version of PW:B.

I just hope it has a bad ass animation like the others. Maybe winds connection everyone D: like chain heal.
    Probably since Shamans are supposed to be more utility vs priests, we get the short end of the stick on cool defensive cds

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

it's a bit short on the range I must agree. but other than that. I think it's a very powerful cd. it's a bit more tricky to target than a GS and can be screwed by movement heavy fights. but I definetly see a lot of good uses for it.

I do hope they reword/clarify how this is exactly supposed to work. The range is meh. Good coordination can easily overcome this problem (similar to PW:B). I wish it were 10 seconds, rather than 6 seconds. Although, my guess is that it's 6 seconds so that it's similar to Divine Guardian. If they're making it a carbon copy they could at least make it as powerful. Again this is why I would like some clarification because I'm not sure if this could work out to be gimp or super awesome.

Not a shaman, but is currently discussing it with a guildie. Do you think the 10 range indicated would be a radius? (which wouldnt be too bad, if you think about the area that BW:B covers.)

Since the 40 yd range indicated on normal totems is refered to the radius of effect as far as I know.

EDIT: BW:B lol meant PW:B
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2011-03-04 at 03:00 AM.

Yeah it's radius. Similar to Tremor totem. Otherwise it would be absolutely stupid and never used because the box o' usefulness would be shitty to work with -- especially if you consider this a raid damage reduction cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early word is that its effected by Tidal Focus and Totemic Reach, so you can expand the range to 13 yards, and the duration to 8 seconds.

Also since all the health is connected, I'm pretty sure that one heal will be redistributed throughout the group. Sorta like a Beacon of Light on steroids.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2011-03-04 at 03:00 AM.

it's not a raid dmg reduction cd, it's a tank dmg reduction cd. and not really reduction, but it takes a lot of the pressure off because it can redirect up to 99.94% of the dmg away from the tank (I suck at math but it's something like that if you had a 25man raid stack up). it's the same total dmg done but it a lot more managable. and ofc there is the 10% reduction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Early word is that its effected by Tidal Focus and Totemic Reach, so you can expand the range to 13 yards, and the duration to 8 seconds.

Also since all the health is connected, I'm pretty sure that one heal will be redistributed throughout the group. Sorta like a Beacon of Light on steroids.
    I believe this is true as well, since it just evens out the healt of all affected people. so overhealing would be practically impossible for the duration.

well with the wording, it seems like this can benefit more w/ classes with self survival cds like dispersion or AMS, because the health% will be distributed among the raid. The net damage that the raid takes would be reduced (and w. the passive 10% damage reduction people would get) so this still is fit for raid dmg reduction cd, as well as a tank damage reduction cd.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    well with the wording, it seems like this can benefit more w/ classes with self survival cds like dispersion or AMS, because the health% will be distributed among the raid. The net damage that the raid takes would be reduced (and w. the passive 10% damage reduction people would get) so this still is fit for raid dmg reduction cd, as well as a tank damage reduction cd.
    yea, only the range make it a not to great raid cd. but I guess you have to stack up on most raid dmg anyway.

The idea (mainly the HP redistribution: the 10% damage reduction part is just not particularly impressing) is nice and has potential, but its implementation is just plain stupid.
    It is supposed to be a tank CD, something I tipically use during "oh sh*t" moments to save the life of a tank that is about to die: too bad healers are not usually stacked on the tank, so the necessity to run to him to place the totem down just negates most of its usefulness. Binding it to a totem just makes it annoying, awkward and ineffective to use, not to mention it also destroys my current air totem, which I'll need to recast (and I already hate having to recast my Healing Stream Totem after each Mana Tide): no much use for longer duration totems, if I need to destroy and recast them all the time...

a 10 yard radius isnt too bad imo, think of PW:B. you need to stack up to get the benefit of it. ( yeah i know barrier lasts longer )

I just hope theres a visual display of how wide the range is so that people know where to stack, like how barrier/AMZ is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually feel that its superior to PW:B. Not only is it going to reduce more damage, it also has more range. Not to mention the effect that AoE heals are going to have on this. Tranquility and Healing Rain are going to be simply amazing if your raid works with the totem properly, especially given the fact that HR is now influenced by mastery.