Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    It's possibly the GUILD blowing things out of proportion, yes. But it's more common than people think.
    My guild was pushing for not only HM completion, battling another guild for server first, and pushing for Top US 100. To do this, they made raid spots highly competitive, and if you didn't pull what they wanted to see, you were out.
    Needless to say, anyone that didn't play their class well was out within a month or less.
    They were very unforgiving of my post-nerf numbers as UH, and Frost's numbers in general, and were actualy quite shocked when I expressed concern about my playing for less than 10-20% of raid time.
    So, it certainly does happen.

For a while after this, I trolled the official forums looking for a guild to join, even one that wasn't pushing top HM progression, and it's a bit grim for DKs out there, even with great gear and skill.
    How did you end up faring in your search? Or are you still in the same guild? I ask because I may be searching for a new home after tonight. Not looking for anything really high-end, just decent.
    Beta Club Brosquad

[QUOTE=Roose;10772007]So you play with bad players. That in no way means that the buffs are slightly uncalled for. I can pull threat off of my tank too (who is actually much better than I) if I start busting out OB crits before they have the boss situated. That does not mean that I am OP, just being stupid.[COLOR="red"]

Lol, i love how people wanna bash on me because I know my class and know it well. I'd say sorry for voicing but, I'm not. And when I have to wait 10 seconds half the time even after the boss is set up.. and STILL almost pull threat... yyyyeeeeaaahh. Granted some tanks are better than others. The only guys that have been able to keep anything off me though is a tank that outgears me.

Quote Originally Posted by fharris3 View Post

Lol, i love how people wanna bash on me because I know my class and know it well. I'd say sorry for voicing but, I'm not. And when I have to wait 10 seconds half the time even after the boss is set up.. and STILL almost pull threat... yyyyeeeeaaahh. Granted some tanks are better than others. The only guys that have been able to keep anything off me though is a tank that outgears me.
    Mhh maybe you are stuck in blood presence ?

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Mhh maybe you are stuck in blood presence ?
    Or his tank isn't getting any MDs. That could also be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's not hyperbole when I say that our DPS is bad. We're consistently below every other raid spec. We beat shit like Demo locks and BM hunters, but who gives a fuck?

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 09:24 AM ----------

Consistently below everything but pvp specs and several k behind equally geared rets = trash to me, not sure what your definition is.
    If you're not competitive as an unholy death knight right now then you're outright garbage.

It's possibly the GUILD blowing things out of proportion, yes. But it's more common than people think.
    My guild was pushing for not only HM completion, battling another guild for server first, and pushing for Top US 100. To do this, they made raid spots highly competitive, and if you didn't pull what they wanted to see, you were out.
    Needless to say, anyone that didn't play their class well was out within a month or less.
    They were very unforgiving of my post-nerf numbers as UH, and Frost's numbers in general, and were actualy quite shocked when I expressed concern about my playing for less than 10-20% of raid time.
    So, it certainly does happen.

For a while after this, I trolled the official forums looking for a guild to join, even one that wasn't pushing top HM progression, and it's a bit grim for DKs out there, even with great gear and skill.
    I bolded the most important part of your post for you. Of course, if a guild is trying to progress in at least a semi-hardcore fashion, they're going to look for players who know how to perform well. That said, if a guild leader sits a particular class/spec just because they're not doing as well as others, that's a fairly closed-minded way of doing things. Any good gleader will take the time to study up on, or have a decent knowledge of how well each class is doing in a particular patch, and the benefits of bringing that class to a raid. Frost, for example: While we're doing less DPS than other classes, sure, we do have some upsides. Being able to keep up 4% phys damage on any amount of target with Howling Blast is helpful, and so is our ability to plop 2 points into Chillblains to have a blanket snare with no cooldown(you know what I mean.) Also, if you're DW, who else would those 1handers go to?

Edit: Of course, I'm not saying NO guilds sat people based on a spec's current performance. I'm just saying... as long as your class isn't more than 25% behind other classes, there's really no reason to sit them. Certain specs shine on particular fights.
    Last edited by GuyWithFace; 2011-03-17 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    Or his tank isn't getting any MDs. That could also be an issue.
    Yeah well to be fair yes - but I guess given that I still don't think that he should be the first to pull aggro. At least not usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    If you're not competitive as an unholy death knight right now then you're outright garbage.
    I don't see anything wrong since he referred to single target obviously.

I bolded the most important part of your post for you. Of course, if a guild is trying to progress in at least a semi-hardcore fashion, they're going to look for players who know how to perform well. That said, if a guild leader sits a particular class/spec just because they're not doing as well as others, that's a fairly closed-minded way of doing things. Any good gleader will take the time to study up on, or have a decent knowledge of how well each class is doing in a particular patch, and the benefits of bringing that class to a raid. Frost, for example: While we're doing less DPS than other classes, sure, we do have some upsides. Being able to keep up 4% phys damage on any amount of target with Howling Blast is helpful, and so is our ability to plop 2 points into Chillblains to have a blanket snare with no cooldown(you know what I mean.) Also, if you're DW, who else would those 1handers go to?
    The sm fury warrior who happens to be one of the strongest single target melees - maybe even the strongest :P. But it definitely depends of course on your guild - I have been present on every first kill since I joined my guild back about two years ago - I'd read out of your previous posts that you have a good standing in your guild as well. Fact is not everybody has that luxury and honestly I could understand every single raidlead who'd want to replace me with an owl for the current content - although the obvious kiting duty suited us well but there is only one encounter where that comes really to shine.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-03-17 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    Cool story, bro.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    The current changes to Frost are definitely taking Frost in the right direction, but they aren't going to make it "nasty" by any means.

Will Frost outperform Unholy? Possibly
    Does anyone know for a fact atm? No
    Is this thread full of forum-muscled idiots making ridiculous claims with little to no evidence to support those claims? Yes

It's like every other post has some sort of super biased opinion, accusation, exaggeration, or ultimatum.

Cut the shit.

To those of you refraining from whipping out your e-peens and posting actual data/facts, I commend you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    To those of you refraining from whipping out your e-peens and posting actual data/facts, I commend you.
    But my e-peen is so large! I must share its wondrous visage with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    How did you end up faring in your search? Or are you still in the same guild? I ask because I may be searching for a new home after tonight. Not looking for anything really high-end, just decent.
    Didn't fare too well, honestly. Interest from guilds looking to move into 25 mans looking for just about anyone and not in great shape due to recruiting everyone in sight, and 10 mans that are interested in gear/experience because they're still sitting at less than 6/12.
    Honestly, I haven't logged on in weeks, and I'm hoping Frost ends up being boosted enough in 4.1 that I can get a guild by Firelands.
    Life is a bit tougher as a melee than I remember, but I blame the new 10/25 man lock out system.

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 04:02 AM ----------

But my e-peen is so large! I must share its wondrous visage with the world!
    I don't have a peen. I think that limits my options further once I'm forced to talk in vent...

I don't have a peen. I think that limits my options further once I'm forced to talk in vent...
    Psh, I've met people with no RL peens who have larger e-peens than most people I know.