Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but even though I'm doing heroic raid bosses I still haven't stopped doing 5mans, I like to cap out my VP for the week and doing the daily is the way to go. That being said with little hit I still don't have issues with threat in 5mans at all.
    Then you go with dps scrubs on your runs. If you miss your pulling AS and/or your initial Shield of the righteous, i can garantee i'll pull agro with my mediocre-geared destruction warlock even if only attacking "the skull".

You may call me a bad dpser because i dont wait for the tank to get agro, and i'll accept that, but saying that a tank shouldnt gear for threat and only gear for survival in 5 men its (imho) a bad advice.

Imho, a much more sensible advice would be to "gear for threat up to the point you feel confortable with your miss/dodge/parry chance, and you feel you arent geting too much damage".

Imho a sensible and a case-by-case aproach is always better than a set-in-stone advice. What you might find awesome for you might be terrible for another in therms of fun and gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    7% hit 26 exp warrior tank.

reforged to mastery and dodge/parry (equial amount) and there was... 4% difference in avoidance but my hits missed alot. Reforged back to exp/hit caps and, wow, now noone can pull agro from me, and i do a shitload damage compare to other tanks who prefer avoidance.

I don't know about paladins, but when i OT, i have a lot of time for colosus smashes, and when i just got hit by meteor storm (Argalot) and have AP buff up, i use shield block if it's not on CD, battle stance and CS, then zerker stance and Shield Slam for... Miss... oh god, i want quit this game and whine on forums.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2011-03-09 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by imortals View Post
    wromg, i got some serieus rebuke dodges and parries, VERY VERY annoying cos u cant expect a prot pally to stack so much expertise to never get parried.
    A (N)PC can not parry or dodge while casting. Seems those casts have been snatched by other interrupters.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Then you go with dps scrubs on your runs. If you miss your pulling AS and/or your initial Shield of the righteous, i can garantee i'll pull agro with my mediocre-geared destruction warlock even if only attacking "the skull".

You may call me a bad dpser because i dont wait for the tank to get agro, and i'll accept that, but saying that a tank shouldnt gear for threat and only gear for survival in 5 men its (imho) a bad advice.

Imho, a much more sensible advice would be to "gear for threat up to the point you feel confortable with your miss/dodge/parry chance, and you feel you arent geting too much damage".

Imho a sensible and a case-by-case aproach is always better than a set-in-stone advice. What you might find awesome for you might be terrible for another in therms of fun and gameplay.
    Or the tanks you run with are terrible, the only time a dps pulls agro off me if they aren't focusing my target which is a quick taunt fix.

I thought captain america never misses...this sucks...