Deleted

Tailoring: Stacking dreamcloth for patch 4.2 a good idea?

I was wondering if stacking dreamcloth now might be a good idea. My thinking is that once the new tier of raids come out we will have new epic patterns. Stocking up on dreamcloth would give the ability to craft a lot of the new items as soon as the new patters hit, and as a result a lot of gold in profit should be a possibility.

The question of course is if these new patterns will require dreamcloth, which I suspect that they will. It is also a possibility that they will remoeve the cooldown on crafting dreamcloth, making it unneccesary to stock up on.

What do my fellow tailors think?

I'm going to make 4 26sloters for myself first (halfway there). And since I dont need the gold, I will start saving these for future patterns. Maybe we get any, maybe not. But who cares It's a risk I can take
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

So 2 thoughts, first on my server dreamcloth is a loser. Tailors tend to be the less ah savy to begin with. Hardly the most profit minded profession. And they seem to be of the mind that a long cooldown must make money.

I approximate the cost at about 7-800 gold. Chaos being "free" and wind and sometimes water being well over 1000. Yet the belts are selling for 3000 and pants for 5000. If there is a profit it is slim.

Stockpiling occurrd to me, sure the new patterns will probably require a rare drop a la primordial saronite. But that may not be the limiting agent. Depends if they make it bop, if they do, the legendary staff becomes interesting. Bigger concern is deflation. The cost of herbs may drop, and if dreamcloth costs 250 in mats in 4.2 the extra profit of flooding the market still may not compensate you.

I dont know. on my server the value of things already makes the skywall (volatile air) not worth the money to make....

It might be nice to have plenty in stock incase there is some gear so you can make a few, but unless you're actively raiding on your tailor, I wouldnt expect you to have immediate access to the patterns in advance to others to the point that it would help you make a fortune.

If you did, such an edge would be lost within a week. I would wait till 4.2 hits the PTR before I started stock piling.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    So 2 thoughts, first on my server dreamcloth is a loser. Tailors tend to be the less ah savy to begin with. Hardly the most profit minded profession. And they seem to be of the mind that a long cooldown must make money.

I approximate the cost at about 7-800 gold. Chaos being "free" and wind and sometimes water being well over 1000. Yet the belts are selling for 3000 and pants for 5000. If there is a profit it is slim.

Stockpiling occurrd to me, sure the new patterns will probably require a rare drop a la primordial saronite. But that may not be the limiting agent. Depends if they make it bop, if they do, the legendary staff becomes interesting. Bigger concern is deflation. The cost of herbs may drop, and if dreamcloth costs 250 in mats in 4.2 the extra profit of flooding the market still may not compensate you.
    On my server, if you watch the market and buy cheap, you can generally get fires for 9-10, waters for 10-11, airs for 15-16, lifes for 6-9 (been going up lately but I was buying them at 3g ea a few weeks ago) and I don't know about earths (was stockpiled on them since launch due to farming so much). Cloth is down to like 40g/stack so even the most expensive one is still only 530g to make with the average cost being about 380g.

This means the pants that are selling for 5k only have a net cost of just under 2.4k. That's a profit of just over 400g / CD, with 5 CDs / week that's over 2k/week which is more than you can get for alchemist transmutes.

Again, this is my server so yours might be different, but I still view it as quite profitable... then again I don't care much for selling epics so I'm making the bags .