Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maldos Cane - Holy

I know I have seen this thread before somewhere but I thought I would throw another up. Im just curious if Im not having trouble with mana in fights would it be ok then to take maldos cane and reforge the stuff on it since cho'gall doesn't like me?

It's okay ... In lack of another good weapon I took the random drop and reforged mastery to haste. The more INT and 225 Spellpower surplus do make it superior in my eyes to perfectly itemised 346 heroics. But maybe that's just me

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering out of all of the casters in the game, we have the least available weapons to us and they're in the worst possible places (Cho'gall, Nefarian, Al'akir, and this trash drop) because we can't use Staves and Daggers, yes, Maldo's Sword Cane is a good option.

Other classes get stuff from Magmaw and many other easy bosses and the more common BoT trash.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Don't be afraid to be with well itemized blue item. The mace from BRC is very good irc. But if you are unlucky that sword is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Maldo's Sword Cane is a good passable option.
    Fixed that for you. :P

Personally, I'd never spend/waste the gold on this. If it drops, you're better off selling it. If it's on the AH, your gold is better spent elsewhere (DMC:Tsuanmi!). While this Purple is better than even the best 346 Blue, the difference just ain't enough in my book.

Of course, if you've got a pile of gold burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked it up when it dropped off some trash in Blackwing Descent. With some reforging it's a pretty nice sword but mind you it was an upgrade from a blue sword out of heroic HoO that I was sporting at the time.

Simca is right in the fact that most stuff for us only drops off end raid bosses. (Like the sexy mace of Nefarion.) If you haven't progressed to the end yet to have a consistant chance at something better, the sword cane is pretty nice.

edit: I wouldn't waste the gold buying it off the auction house. Just don't be shy about rolling on it if it drops.
    Last edited by Quotidian; 2011-03-05 at 05:28 AM.

Just Arena 2 weeks in a row, all you need to do is win 5 games both weeks and then buy the pvp mace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering out of all of the casters in the game, we have the least available weapons to us and they're in the worst possible places (Cho'gall, Nefarian, Al'akir, and this trash drop) because we can't use Staves and Daggers, yes, Maldo's Sword Cane is a good option.

Other classes get stuff from Magmaw and many other easy bosses and the more common BoT trash.
    I bet those other classes also needs some pieces from the end bosses. Simca, at least you should be able to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbstryker View Post
    I know I have seen this thread before somewhere but I thought I would throw another up. Im just curious if Im not having trouble with mana in fights would it be ok then to take maldos cane and reforge the stuff on it since cho'gall doesn't like me?
    Sell it. Once you've sold it, get a Tsunami. Already have as Tsunami? Level Alchemy. Already leveled and already bought a Tsunami? Shard it. Save the Maelstroms for your sick Al'akir weapon(Even though raiding since January I have seen him drop but one in my entire lifetime) The benefits it provides are nowhere near what the gold can do for you. As others have said though, if you're really sporting fat purses it won't technically hurt your healing to upgrade the intellect from your blue weapon, it is a slight boost. It could just be put to better use.

If you have the gold it's better than every single blue weapon, but keep in mind that every single epic weapon is better. I would rather buy the Tsunami trinket, get the best enchants and stuff like that. If you still have a fuckload of gold left after that, go ahead and get the sword.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I bet those other classes also needs some pieces from the end bosses. Simca, at least you should be able to know that.
    Oh, of course.

However, a weapon is the single largest upgrade for any caster spec, so I kind of think we have it harder here amongst casters. :P
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-05 at 05:43 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would suggest you wait a bit longer for Cho'gall, Al'akir, or Nefarian to throw you a bone before you take the Sword Cane.

(I'm in the same situation as you with bracers; eyeing getting PVP bracers because I just can't stand staring at that last blue any longer, lol. Cho'gall is mean.)

However, if you're getting desperate, it's not like it has hit or anything on it.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-03-05 at 05:45 PM. Reason: grammar is good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, of course.

However, a weapon is the single largest upgrade for any caster spec, so I kind of think we have it harder here amongst casters. :P
    imo, a weapon is a bigger upgrade for a melee than it is for a caster
    missing spellpower can be filled with lets say a better chest or a better headpiece, but weapondamage is weapon only
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, sorry for steering this offtopic somewhat - this should be about Maldo's Sword Cane... although I think all that can be said has been said.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-05 at 06:18 PM.

I agree with Simca 100%. Simca actually helped me out in a different (but similar) post. Currently on my server (Icecrown), The Cane is going for 45k gold. I raid 25 mans 3 nights a week in my guild, so I know I am bound to get a weapon, whether it be soon, or in a couple months. So I don't want to pay the 45k gold. What I asked in a different post was about the PVP healing Mace, and I asked if it was an upgrade from all the 346 Blues.... Many people (including Simca) said that it is significantly better than the Blues because it has 224 more Intellect. I reforged the Crit to Spirt, and unfortunately it has resilence instead of haste, but Simca pointed out that 224 Intellect is far better than 82 haste.

All and all, if you dont want to spend the gold on The Cane, then go for the PVP Epic Healing Mace. You can optain that in less than 2 weeks by winning 10 Arena matches (winning 5 per week for 2 weeks). And don't listen to anyone who points out, "hey silly, you can't use pvp weapons in pve." That pvp mace is awesome!! You will notice that the extra 224 Intellect raises your SP, Crit, and Mana Pool, so your HPS will be much better than any 346 Blue. Put Heartsong on it, and when you finally get your wicked awesome weapon from one of three end bosses, then you can either put Heartsong or Torrent on it, depending on what you like.

-----------
    Edit:
    Oppss I meant 224 spell power. It has about 18 more intellect than the Blues.
    Last edited by Bostonian; 2011-03-06 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    I agree with Simca 100%. Simca actually helped me out in a different (but similar) post. Currently on my server (Icecrown), The Cane is going for 45k gold. I raid 25 mans 3 nights a week in my guild, so I know I am bound to get a weapon, whether it be soon, or in a couple months. So I don't want to pay the 45k gold. What I asked in a different post was about the PVP healing Mace, and I asked if it was an upgrade from all the 346 Blues.... Many people (including Simca) said that it is significantly better than the Blues because it has 224 more Intellect. I reforged the Crit to Spirt, and unfortunately it has resilence instead of haste, but Simca pointed out that 224 Intellect is far better than 82 haste.

All and all, if you dont want to spend the gold on The Cane, then go for the PVP Epic Healing Mace. You can optain that in less than 2 weeks by winning 10 Arena matches (winning 5 per week for 2 weeks). And don't listen to anyone who points out, "hey silly, you can't use pvp weapons in pve." That pvp mace is awesome!! You will notice that the extra 224 Intellect raises your SP, Crit, and Mana Pool, so your HPS will be much better than any 346 Blue. Put Heartsong on it, and when you finally get your wicked awesome weapon from one of three end bosses, then you can either put Heartsong or Torrent on it, depending on what you like.

224 spellpower, not Int btw

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

15+ Year Old Account
    It's true, the PvP mace is a relatively comparable option to the Sword Cane because all you're really losing is 97 Mastery (well, 59 Mastery and 38 Crit after reforging if you want to be picky), and nobody is going to die from that.

Selling the Sword Cane and getting the PvP mace isn't a bad idea if you aren't at end-boss-level progression.

I got lucky and got my Twilight's Hammer on my first Cho'gall kill (all the other casters in the guild already had weapons, of course).

(And yeah, Spell Power, not Intellect, but it is still better)
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-06 at 04:16 PM.

Yeah sorry I had a typo in my post. I meant 224 SP and more intellect than Blue.

Anyways, incase people wanted to know the PVP mace has these stats:
    219 Stam
    146 Intel
    Critcal strike 97 (You can reforge 38 of this to spirit or haste).
    Resilence 97
    Spell Power 1954

Simply put: Spell power is king. Any epic weapon is better than any blue, since the spell power difference is so great. I'm just waiting for the next Nefarian or Cho'gall kill myself, so I might finally get a bloody weapon, soon being the last person in the guild without one, since it's so hard for us to get.

Deleted
    Iam a raid leader for my small 10 man guild and If and when the sword drops for us. I will most likely give it to a caster dps or just sell it.. Even if the upgrade for me would be nice I don't see it worth this "Early" in the expansion.

Iam waiting for Cho or Al'akir to drop something good for me insted

Also just taking this some off topic. How is Power Torrent compared to Heartsong enchant? (Money is not an issue)