Mind seer with no targets?

Is this a bug or am I missing a mechanic involved? I had a few friends try it to make sure I wasn't the only one and well you can use Mind Seer without a target.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Sounds kind of like hellfire minus the self pain now

what do you mean without a target? where does it goes than? just around you? than you are the target, since some time you can target mind sear on friendly players (tank for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    what do you mean without a target? where does it goes than? just around you? than you are the target, since some time you can target mind sear on friendly players (tank for example)
    i am not targeting anything, but still, is this a bug, or can i target friendly players/myself and have it explode around me?

EDIT: when i'm not targeting anything it doesn't channel anything just puts a buff on me that says damageing targets for 3 seconds
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work on the caster.

So no.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Well, if you're not targeting anything, it would cast on you, which would be a target technically (Which currently doesn't work). Aside from that, I wonder if you're confusing "No target" with "friendly target". Mind sear was changed in the last patch so that you could cast it on friendly targets, such as a tank, for more effectiveness in hitting every mob needing to be burned with AoE.

Sounds like a bug, probably a relic from where they made it targetable on friendly players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it will "cast" with no target, but it instantly stops.

The graphic will pulse out once, but no damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by UisceKitty View Post
    Sounds kind of like hellfire minus the self pain now
    Except it does no damage and you can't move while casting it.

It's a bug since it can be cast on friendly targets now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    Actually it will "cast" with no target, but it instantly stops.

The graphic will pulse out once, but no damage is done.
    It tries to self cast with no target, so even though you're not actively targeting something else, the spell targets yourself, so there always is a "target". Problem is, it doens't work when targeting yourself. You get a mind sear icon in your buff area, but nothing happens.

I read you are able to target yourself while casting mindsear, haven't tried it though. Maybe that's it? >.>

Just tested it ingame. While not having target it does target yourself and plays a channel animation, you do gain the mind sear buff for 4 seconds but it does no damage whatsoever. So its just a bug that does nothing.

I wonder if you can Mind Seer a companion pet. I'll have to try it out tonight.