Heroic Modes vs Normal Nefarion (10 man)

Hi folks. Been a long time lurker on these forums but never posted much and would really appreciate it if I could get some advice from you folks. The thing is that my guild is currently on 9/12(10 man). Only Conclave of Wind, Al'akir and Nefarion are left. Conclave is gonna go down soon since we just got around to it and it's pretty easy but here's where a few of the guild officers differ on as to how to progress further. They think that some of the heroic modes would be easier to do than to attempt al'akir and especially Nefarion which are considerably harder.

I don't know much about the difficulty but I would assume that the more prudent path would be to kill all bosses on normal and then go for the heroic modes so that you are better geared as well. What do you folks think? Would it be better to do the hc modes instead?

Halfus is really easy now, the time investment to learn that fight will probably be significantly less than learning Nefarian.

Halfus HM is probably doable pretty easily, but everything else is off the table until you kill Nef/Conclave/Al'akir.

We are in the same position.
    Got to 10/12 with alakir and Nef left 2 weeks ago, and just repeated that last week. This week we spent some time wiping on Halfus HC.

It really depends on the need for Tier.
    Alakir gives bad loot, he is not a rewarding boss.
    Halfus gives Heroic tier pieces and heroic loot. Hunter staff and agi trinket most importantly.
    Nefarian gives head tier. This is extremely good if combined with those members who have 3 pieces already, since they will get 4 piece set bonus, which should be worth more than a 6 ilvl upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Halfus I can understand would be doable; I talked to my GM about it and we both agreed it was possible. But what about the other bosses? Is there a considerable difference in difficulty between them and Nefarion/ Al'Akir (normal version)?

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    We are in the same position.
    Got to 10/12 with alakir and Nef left 2 weeks ago, and just repeated that last week. This week we spent some time wiping on Halfus HC.

It really depends on the need for Tier.
    Alakir gives bad loot, he is not a rewarding boss.
    Halfus gives Heroic tier pieces and heroic loot. Hunter staff and agi trinket most importantly.
    Nefarian gives head tier. This is extremely good if combined with those members who have 3 pieces already, since they will get 4 piece set bonus, which should be worth more than a 6 ilvl upgrade.
    I'm more or less on the same line of thought with you. It would make sense to go for Halfus on Heroic and then pursue Nefarion. That way you have more chances to get tier loot and the higher ilvl loot which will help on downing Nefarion on normal Also the only reason my guild will go for Al'Akir is to get the 12/12 thing for the achievement and title.

My guild is at 10/12....we're pretty much in the same boat. We are personally going for Nefarion next. Not only does he have an amazing loot table, along with Cho'Gall, but killing Nef provides you with all of the hardmodes you would want to start with minus Halfus of course....even if Al"akir dropped perfectly itemized gear, I'd much rather have the tier, weapons, trinkets, and other good stuff from Nef...will help a lot more for hardmodes as well. We'll fit Al'Akir in when we have time, but unlocking throne hardmodes will not do much good for you at the start of heroics. As for Halfus hardmode, I think it's more of a gear check than anything else...but I suppose if you are that far and have been farming enough stuff for a little while at least, gear shouldn't be an issue. But Nef, to me, seems much more rewarding and a bigger milestone.