Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I could actually see a lot of people switch over to Guild Wars 2. It is free to play and the game looks really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is not trying to beat WoW.

Also, Blizzard IS giving us more content. For crying out loud, first I hear people say that Cataclysm came out too early (yes because a whole fucking year of ICC is just so fun), and then there are people who say Cataclysm needs more content.

We are getting content. Just be patient. They can't just start shoving new content over and over and over again every week and expect everyone to enjoy the game.
    fixed that for ya.

There is 99.99% I'll buy it. 0.01 goes in case I won't have enough money or I die. Seriosly, have been w8ing for it since they announced it!

Is this serious? I just watched those videos and it still looks extremely terrible for pvp, has no fluid motion, and will overall just be lackluster. Also from a realistic point of view why the hell can you be a huge cat/bear like thief. There is a reason we don't have cows stealthin around.

What makes you think GW2 will satisfy your content needs if WoW, the MMO that provides the most content for it's gamers without questions, can't? You can't honestly expect a F2P game is going to have more end game content than WoW do you?

If it has not been said, with WoW being so big, there will only be one WoWkiller. Blizzard. All others will be Alternatives to WoW, or not even compare able. You can't take a FPS MMO and say "Its a wow killer" because they aren't compareable (yet I've seen it happen)

Guild Wars has a special place in my heart and I will buy GW2, but my WoW subscription will continue because Blizzard always gives us new reasons to A. Love the game, or B. Bitch and Complain.

EDIT: I am not calling guild wars a FPS MMO, so Trolls, be gone from me!
    Last edited by Zortorai90; 2011-03-04 at 09:57 PM.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Actually a ton of players still play Guild Wars. I remember subs hit some 6-7 million a year or so ago, so that's not really "bad" impression and GW2 is a very different game from its predecessor.

The thing about GW is that you won't have to worry putting the game down because you're not paying for it monthly. You buy the game once and you own it.
    Is that total units sold? Since it's F2P you can't base the amount of people playing off the amount of games sold. I'm sure millions of people bought Aion and still have an account with them but if they aren't paying for it then you can't say they are still subscribed. And if they are just pulling that number off the amount of people who signed up for their official forums then that isn't valid either.

But everybody that I have ever talked to/met who has played GW all say they hated it. Sure that's probably only a sample of a few thousand people.

And a lot of people who play MMOs don't want to play another MMO to take a break from their main one, they go play FPS or something like that instead.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by olessie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5RpX9oAaSo

Thats a SICK fight, and a big fu*king dragon
    Sick fight? Boring as hell! Yes, graphics are decent, but either the player sucks big time or the game is just terribly slow. (The player sucks anyway, the camera control was terrible, 3/4 of the fight his char filled the screen, or the ground, or anything else except a propper view) I see one spell cast once a minute by the player, a dragon that yells a bit and does nothing special...

No thanks, WoW might not actually look that pretty, but the gameplay of WoW looks much, much better (and animations too)

And for me there is a basic rule in gaming: Gameplay >> graphics

Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    The next expansion better have more than 5 lvls. At least a 15 lvls because I did 80-85 in just 2 days. Thats way too fast. I don't want them to lower the xp, but to increase the # of lvls. I find lvling fun.
    You're fooling yourself. The xp requirement was proportional to both BC and wrath. The only reason you think you leveled faster is because of the number of levels, even though you didn't (unless you rushed in cata but not in wotlk). The change from 80-90 to 80-85 made literally no difference what so ever.