Deleted

Help getting haste breakpoint

Hey guys I've started try get to the next haste breakpoint at long last because of the upcoming changes to efflorescence (and ive been debating it with myself since the WG buff).

Currently I've been sitting with the 916 haste breakpoint, but today I started looking at how I can achieve the 2005 one.

I raid 10 man HC progression with a resto shammy for the 5% haste buff and a warlock that keeps dark intent on me, so I need to get 1573 haste unbuffed to get the desired breakpoint.

I've been playing around with reforging and so far ive tried reforging everything to haste starting with Crit, I didnt want to touch mastery so ive reforged spirit in place of mastery on most items.

my character is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Drunesius/advanced

I have been thinking about gemming and the possibility of different enchants, but is losing intellect on gems worth it for the haste?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

I would take the mastery loss and reforge that to haste. The added WG tick is huge, add that to the efflor change and it will be worth it. Don't ever sacrifice intellect for the sake of a secondary stat. If you are doing heroic content, you should have no problem finding enough haste or other stats to reforge into haste.

Intellect > Haste (before breakpoint) > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste (above breakpoint).

Spirit obviously can move below mastery if your regen is enough (which would be rare)...

Basically, you should be reforging the mastery into haste not the spirit, also don't look at obtaining 2006 haste until you in alot of 372 items, although its possible to reach in blues/epics when your full epic there isn't as much haste itemised on them (especially t11 4pc which you should be aiming for).

Losing intellect gems will be worth it a degree, you shouldn't be looking to regem EVERY gem, if your 40 or so haste under then gem it only if you can't reforge it.

Haste on bracers and glove are both viable, as well as boot enchant although i'm a believer in speed enchant on boots.

Deleted
    sorry i forgot i logged out in my feral gear.

Thanks for the repies. well im in full 359 with 1 piece of 372 at the minute, ive reforged every item to haste that I can, and im still 162 haste short of the 1573.

I've also got the glove haste enchant.

on my wrist im using 130 intellect from leatherworking and on my feet ive got lavawalker for runspeed.

I could buy the boomkin legs, but i dont fancy going down that route. im just not sure what else i can do, other than wait to get some more 372 gear.

It's purple with spirit on it does not make it better than a blue, ESPECIALLY if it's costing you a major break point in haste.
    If you're not sacrificing for your 4pc there's zero reason to be sacrificing haste for purpleness.
    Spirit until you have enough > Haste (before breakpoint) > the rest
    Enough spirit varies per person, raid makeup and style, once you have enough to maintain your needed throughput for fight length it has no value. I use a number of "boomkin" throughput items with haste/crit rather than spirit items with shitty ass spirit/crit i need to reforge. Neck, relic and ring being the obvious ones that come to mind.
    Use blue haste offhand until get heroic.
    If you're not using your 4 pc anyways then for you're just plain stupid or a cheap ass to not be using boomkin pants if conclave isn't kind to you.

1411 haste

1. Move reckless gem from relic to feet. 1421

2. T11 2 set sucks, get the Passive Resistor Spaulders. 1503 + 20 from reckless somewhere else, - 30 int.

3. Boomkin tier legs. They're sexy. 1664

4. Reforge the mastery on your chest instead of the spirit. 1680

5. Drop skinning, it's bad. Get Alchemy and grab the beautiful trinket. 1874, plus 80 int from alch, plus not using a bad trinket.

6. Gets tough here. I would grab the Dorian's Lost Necklace (BoE, 134 haste) or Valiona's Medallion (127 haste) and either the Ring of the Boy Emperor (Archeology), Signet of the Fifth Circle (Cho'Gall), Band of Secret Names (VP) or a Planetary Ring of the Undertow (Conclave, good luck). Together you're at 2028 - 2035.

7. Drop a haste gem for mastery or use Gale Rouser Leggings of the Undertow (Al'Akir) to drop 20 haste in exchange for mastery or spirit. If you have Dorian's, you can reforge the crit on your relic to mastery instead of haste. This brings you closer to the cap and leaves you with less wasted stats. In full, non heroic T11 you'll need the Dorian's extra haste in order to meet the cap, and you'll need another haste ring. Best combo is a haste/mastery ring and the spirit/haste from conclave.

Until then, it might be worth while to invest in a couple blues. The extra tick is worth it. I know you're probably not liking the idea of dropping skinning. I dropped 525 JC, I feel your pain. You're going to lose some regen with the non spirit ring and neck and the int/haste trinket, but you should be fine.

Other ways to get haste are with the crit/haste relic and by downgrading to blues, which could be beneficial if you need the spirit. Only way that comes to mind is a blue neck (Quicksilver something, I don't remember, it's from BRC and I'm lazy) with 120 spirit with the crit/haste relic with haste reforged to spirit (this gives more spirit if needed). The JP chest and head with haste are also great, and the offhand could help as well, however I don't see the point in downgrading those unless you're still trying to get some of the other epics I've mentioned.

I also haven't attempted heroic content so I don't know how much the regen from rings is needed, which is why I mention that blue neck. I'm pretty sure the BP is worth up to 200 int, so again I don't think regen should be an issue.

I hope that covers everything.
    Last edited by asadawa; 2011-03-05 at 04:11 PM. Reason: grammars

Deleted
    thanks a lot mate, thats the sort of help I was hoping for.