Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think ragnaros coming back as an actual boss is kinda cool seeing as how we supposed to be as strong as the other elemental leaders. Were gauranteed the fight wont be the same so its kinda like a new raid boss in itself.

I highly doubt Archimonde makes a come back, his death was climatic in wc3, then they made the flashback in hyjal, unless we do one of those caverns of time quests that might have something to do with the draenei departing their world. Same goes for arthas, he wont be in the present time. Kil'jaeden i believe was just stopped from being summoned. Old gods i doubt they would recycle, to easy to come up with a new one.

But kil'jaeden is definitely making a comeback. Not this expansion, but in a later one. My bet is he is the end boss of the first tier of content in the expansion that will kill sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfusion View Post
    The whole Caverns of Time; War of the Ancients is the Burning Legion coming to Azeroth...
    KJ never came to Azeroth during War of the Ancients that was all Archimonde & Mannoroth back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    When Onyxia was brought back at 3.2.2 it was to celebrate Wow's 5th birthday. They stated, quite clearly, that she was not back lorewise.

However if you are referring to her Undead form in Cataclysm, then the only real thing that is the same is her name. Not really recycled.
    I still have my Ony Companion <3 her

I don't mind if they "recycle" content so long as it has original lore to it n such.

I started playing WAY back in 06-07 and I missed a lot of high-end content because i was very casual bout WoW. Recreating older content does appeal to me and a lot of my guildies too - we've recently been going though doing all the old raids n such for the guild achieves, being able to re do them (refreshed for 85s) would be Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres:

Sargeras
    Bolvar?...?..?
    Deathwing will most likely be the end expansion boss.
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    Does Batman complain about The Joker being recycled?
    Best counterpoint ever.

The whole Caverns of Time; War of the Ancients is the Burning Legion coming to Azeroth...
    Kil'jaeden has no connection to The War of the Ancients. Archimonde and Mannoroth lead the Burning Legion's forces during the war.

To everyone who has an issue and cries about bosses or zones coming back: Go play another freaking game if you cant handle a game with stories in it.

No powerful being who spends years or more working on plans and increasing power will die off with 1 fight. hurp Its called a backup plan, or being brought into our realm through a spell and instead of actually dying the spell is broken and sends him back to his realm. Or another powerful being reviving him to fight again because of the havoc he caused when he was alive.

L2p with a storyline or leave wow. Its that simple.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I don't understand what people have against "recurring villains". It's a comic book staple, and works fine in WoW too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    Does Batman complain about The Joker being recycled?
    lold..... Cause it's true
    EVERYONE STOP BITCHING OR QUIT

The Return of the Sunwell, " with new content,, 5 more creeps and we raise the stamina on the bosses " Patch,, 4.4.5 a.b.c."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    I highly doubt Archimonde makes a come back, his death was climatic in wc3, then they made the flashback in hyjal, unless we do one of those caverns of time quests that might have something to do with the draenei departing their world. Same goes for arthas, he wont be in the present time. Kil'jaeden i believe was just stopped from being summoned. Old gods i doubt they would recycle, to easy to come up with a new one.

But kil'jaeden is definitely making a comeback. Not this expansion, but in a later one. My bet is he is the end boss of the first tier of content in the expansion that will kill sargeras.
    True.
    Archimonde blew up when the magics of the World Tree and nature herself reacted against him. We even saw him go bye-bye.
    But Kil'Jaeden was merely sucked into somewhere.

So bringing KJ back isn't recycling content.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggletard View Post
    Doubt he would be an add or mini boss to Sargeras, Im sure Sargeras was unhappy with what Kil'Jaeden managed to fuck up. He will likely be killed by Sargeras and his soul/presence enslaved as a tool.
    Sargeras was defeated by the forces of Azeroth. Do you really think he's stupid enough to punish Kil'jaeden for the same failure?

Kil'jaeden is his second-in-command and one of the most important members of the burning legion. Sargeras is not going to kill him.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Kil'jaeden.... WITH LEGS! Recycled content omg!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Avatar of Sargeras was defeated by Aegwynn, mother of Medivh
    Fixed that for you.

A half-summoned Avatar of Sargeras is probably going to be the last boss of the WOTA CoT instance. I'm betting it's going to be the raid teaming up with Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande, and all those other random people, in the final battle of the WOTA where Sargeras is being summoned by Azshara. And then he half-comes through the portal as a nod to the KJ fight. And we banish him back into the Twisting Nether.

I guess that is recycling content, then.

Because finishing the storylines of major characters and lore figures is stupid. Instead, Blizzard should toss out some cheap comicbook-style villain with "A NEW DASTARDLY PLAN" every patch.

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor View Post
    A half-summoned Avatar of Sargeras is probably going to be the last boss of the WOTA CoT instance. I'm betting it's going to be the raid teaming up with Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande, and all those other random people, in the final battle of the WOTA where Sargeras is being summoned by Azshara. And then he half-comes through the portal as a nod to the KJ fight. And we banish him back into the Twisting Nether.

I guess that is recycling content, then.
    Except Sargeras never even partially entered Azeroth. If he'd done that, the war would've ended right there. The portal was disrupted and imploded before he could go through.

Kil'jaeden played no role in the War of the Ancients, and Sargeras never made it through. The only major agent of the Burning Legion to actually do much of anything that contributed to the actual war was Archimonde. What I mean is he actually walked the soil and led the troops.

I just find it funny how they've reversed the entire Vanilla raid progression. (Genuinly funny, i'm not mad bro.)
    We started Wrath fighting KT who was the end boss of Vanilla. Then an Old God who used to come right before in vanilla.. then in Cata we're fighting Nef who came after Raggy but before the Old God..
    They're even squeezing in ZG between the two like they did in Vanilla.

Honestly though, how many times have you defeated Dr Wily? Or Cortex? Or Jenova? Or Ocelot? Or any number of protagonists in other games?
    If villains surviving/returning was such a cheese, then Arthas and Illidan should have died in WC3.. Or Arthas at the very least at the Wrathgate.
    Fighting someone more than once is nothing new.. Them returning from a situation thought defeated is as old as storytelling itself.
    Heroes does this ALL THE TIME, i'm honestly surprised at the shock shown by some WoW players when villians somehow manages to do it too.

I cant think of a single fantasy setting that havent had this occur... Hell i'm amazed Blizz has let us kill off as many lore chars as they have.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Naxx was moved because so few guilds actually got to see it before TBC. Blizzard should've at least redone the encounters though when they moved it to NR.
    Redone the fights, nah. The problem was that they severely undertuned it (I believe a member of Ensidia said something along the lines of it being clearable in T6). If it was tuned correctly it might have actually been a fun instance.