Poll: As stated in subject title

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the healer has dispel: no
    If you have a dispel or the healer has none: yes

Yes players should be responsible for themself, however there are a lot of people on wow who are not. Allowing people to die for stupidity simply because you dont want to hit dispel for the slackers is a fail on your part in my view. You are signing up to a pug not running with your guild in a raid where people are responsible, you need to pick up the slack others do not.

Deleted
    Pali Tank: Healer dispel static cling k go
    he can dispell himself and hand of freedom, the jumping is easypeasy if you happen to miss one you can get dispelled, but dont blame the healer for it... also if people start missing the 2th cling they arent trying proper and shouldnt deserve a dispell if they fail again. (if the boss is still alive by then)

Deleted
    Agree with OP, in 90% of the pugs, I am the only one jumping, when I'm healing it. Since I mostly heal just heroics (heal - OS), this boss is one more reason to stick with Nature's Cure point. Difference is, I just don't bother anymore. 50% of ppl wouldn't even understand, what I want them to avoid and how, so I just dispell. Luckily, the only thing worth healing here is chain, be it a harder boss, it would become lot more frustrating.

It's the same scenario as Erudax in GB, or Stonecore giants with their quake. You just jump, heal the slackers, eat the #%^$*@ when they die (by no means their fault of course), and do your best to be done with it as quickly as possible. If there's someone new, asking for advice, or saying in advance, it's his first time in there, I willingly tell him what he's supposed to do. These ppl usually apologize, when they fail, or even die by their failure. That's a rare situation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Warriors - Heroic Fury, I think intervene breaks it too, not sure...Bladestorm
    Balance & Resto druids - shift out of it
    Paladin - Hand of Freedom, Ret&holy can cleanse it off themselves
    DK can just AMS
    ENH shaman can SR, Resto can cleanse
    Priests can dispel
    Rogue can vanish, & cloak it
    Mage can blink
    Locks can dispel themselves{If you can't get the jump mechanics down, Use the imp- A dead dps does 0 dps.}
    Hunters can Master's Call.

The only people who can't dispel themselves are Ele shamans, Prot warriors{maybe..I *think* intervene removes snares/roots..don't recall}, DKs, and Feral druids. DKs can AMS the AoE though. The only people who you should ever dispel are prot warriors ele shams and Ferals. If the others can't be bothered to dispel themselves, let em die. I'll be letting all of the specs&classes that can break roots themselves go ahead and die if they won't jump or be bothered to dispel themselves.

Why'd he hof the first cling? There was zero reason for it. You already failed the achievment, you don't take extra damage for being clinged, and unless you're killing adds there's no reason to move.

That's like saying because someone got killed by inferno leap it's the priests fault for not Leap of faithing him out of it. Pallys also have bubble. Can't forget that one. All classes have access to pvp trinkets too. If you know you can't do the jump, there are things you can do to not die.
    as a demon Lock I WILL NOT use the imp just to save you dear Mr. healer a GCD and lose a big chunck of DPS . maybe a dead DPS does 0 damage but it's the healer's job to make sure I don't die .

people should just do their jobs at instances and stop trying to teach others how to play or force them to chancge playstyles . if you can tell a warlock which minion to use - a warlock can equally tell you which spells to cast - or dispell!!!

also , to the other healer who suggested warlocks will use the portal...- the portal DOESN"T REMOVE THE CLING EFFECT . you will be teleported to the new location and get glued once there .

most healers here are ok...
    they understand that what matters is the group success even if they "have to" cast a dispell for a non-jumping player for whatever reason .

I'm amazed healers actually let people die for a mere stupid principle . if you you're ok with letting party members die you rolled the wrong role and doing very poorly at it .

also , for all those saying "DPS is not important , we can do it with a tank-healer combo" , good luck on beating the enrage timers on various raid bosses . we saw tanks solo raids , we saw DPS solo raids , how many so-full-of themselves-compared-to-those-inferrior-DPS-healers solo raids ?

everyone in the party has a specific role . do it and stop bitching about it .

Deleted
    I'm the one silently dispelling, but trust me, it's exactly this way of "clearing things up" in party chat, that cause ppl to die with a grin on healer's face.

You should be aware of the fact, that everyone in the party has it's own opinion. I guess you didn't heal anything since Cata launched, because I can assure you, you would be much easier on healers wanting ppl to avoid as many shit as possible. We can't solo raid bosses, but hey, we can watch stupid dps die by their fault with cool 20k dps and 5% dmg done.
    Last edited by mmoc3901d91d40; 2011-03-07 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    true . there are alot of bad players that make bad DPS players . but even though those guys aren't fullfilling their role should the healer do the same and let the group (and himself included) suffer or fail for it ?

as a warlock the ways I can help a healer are numbered...
    I can put a DI on him instead of the largest crit guy ,
    I can put a SS on him instead on me,
    I can lose DPS by using DL to ease healing required and SH after every pull,
    and ofcourse I can try to avoid any avoidable damage but that's it .

I recently started tanking ,
    as a DPS I must say - there's alot of bad DPS out there . they pull a rofl low dps yet decide to pull on their own and expect tank or heals to fix the mess they made .

sadly , this is also true about healers and same goes for tanks .
    bad players can change roles and still stay bad players.

if you're a good player and dedicated to your role - do your part regardless to others , try to teach if possible and vote kick/leave group if you can not win inspite your best efforts .
    Nice one, couldn't agree more
    I rarely go as dps as long as I can heal so I haven't seen many healers. But from the few I saw some were...well, bad. You see, some healers tend to be quite...touchy. They refuse to heal anything going beyond the absolutely neccessary things just to educate others.
    A failure is a failure but you don't make it better by purposely failing yourself and refursing to heal easily healable dmg counts as failing in my opinion. If mana is an issue I still heal but simply prioritize.
    Really, what are we? Some kind of kings and queens? Should everyone in the group start punishing others for their failure? I see nor reason to complicate things and it's neither my job nor possible to educate every player I encounter while playing troll-lottery.

I've started as a healer ever since Cata launched and since I was one of the first to reach 85 I ran heroics with a whole group being barely hero-ready. Our principle was simple: avoid as much dmg as needed and start ignoring mechanics as soon as the healer can keep up and it improves dps.
    So in the beginning we used a lot cc and tried to avoid everything possible but now barely using it anymore and ignoring mechanics or instant kick things like stay of execution.
    It simply depends on the healer and if he politely asks to avoid things or use cc than just do it - he'll have his reasons to ask. But I don't see a reason to make a fuss about minor things like static cling.
    Last edited by mmoc469e9dee4f; 2011-03-07 at 02:02 PM.

I usually dispell as shadow priest, but the group i run with is good so its always easy mode.