Looking For a new video card.

So im looking to upgrade my video card, currently i have a 2 yr old Geforce 9800 GT 512 MB. Ive set a price limit of $200 that I would prefer not to go over. Searching around I think ive narrowed it down to either a Radeon HD 6850, or a GTX 460, I would prefer not to get an overclocked one though as I dont know how to do it and also dont want to ruin the card.

Thanks.

The ASUS EAH6850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121419

The 6850 is not only less expensive, but it performs a little bit better than the GTX 460... just a little. However the price difference alone should speak for itself. $20 mail in rebate, it comes to $159.99.

Yeah, to be honest I was leaning towards the 6850, and that price difference kind of settles it. I am now debating between the Asus one, or the XFX.

XFX has longer warranty im pretty sure so probally better to go with them especially if u OC alot

Quote Originally Posted by Eironn View Post
    XFX has longer warranty im pretty sure so probally better to go with them especially if u OC alot
    XFX has the better warranty, ASUS has the better cooler.

Look at it this way: If the video card is going to fail, it's either going to be DOA out the box or fail within the first year or two, most warranties cover that time span. In a couple years, you'll be looking for your next video card anyway.

However, there is a perk to XFX's double lifetime warranty: Say you've had the same XFX card for 3-4 years, it's no longer being made and you pretty much can't find it anywhere and it finally dies on you. Call em, RMA it and they'll send you back the equivilent of the current generation. This happened to a friend of mine, he had an XFX 4830 or something similar, they sent him a 5850

Up to you, though.