Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you use 2 or 3 healers in 10 men raids?

Were a casual guild , just reached chogall , and we were having trouble with dps requirements (to many adds before phase 2)so reading some forums a lot of suggestions were switching to 2 healers .
    The idea is new to me and i'm concerned about the mana requirements , but in theory fight should last less so less mana needed .
    How many healers do you use for your 10 men group(not necessary for chogall but in general) .
    are there any other fights where 2 healers would be more beneficial then 3 healers?

Deleted
    We use 3 for all encounters, feels like 10man normal and hc is designed around that. We never had dps problems with Cho'gall either.

Setup:
    Tanks - Dk, Feral
    Healers - Resto Shaman/Druid, Holy Pala
    Melee - Rogue, Retri
    Ranged - Mage, Lock, Hunter
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-03-05 at 03:59 AM.

We use 3 healers for Cho'gall but a) our DPS is pretty beefy, and b) the healing is pretty comfortable. As a shaman I go into phase 2 around 90% mana, and either the boss is dead or we're dead (corruption) before I run out of mana. I wouldn't be afraid to try 2 healing it if more DPS is needed.

About the only normal boss we didn't 3 heal used to be Maloriak due to his tight enrage timer after the 2nd green phase, but Blizzard added more time so we 3 heal that also.

Quote Originally Posted by deemoneyes View Post
    Were a casual guild , just reached chogall , and we were having trouble with dps requirements (to many adds before phase 2)so reading some forums a lot of suggestions were switching to 2 healers .
    The idea is new to me and i'm concerned about the mana requirements , but in theory fight should last less so less mana needed .
    How many healers do you use for your 10 men group(not necessary for chogall but in general) .
    are there any other fights where 2 healers would be more beneficial then 3 healers?
    We use 2 healers. Priest and Paladin, on our first gear their gear was "alright" priest had 2 set, paladin had 2 set, still had like 1/2 346blues but overall not too undergeared.
    They had no mana problems, priest went holy.

Most fights we use 3 healers simply because it makes it that much easier (more room for error) and there is no tight dps checks in most cases now (with nerfs and a few 359 epics).

2 healer fights i would say could be Halfus (with easy drake combo), Valiona, Chogall, Omnitron, Magmaw, Chimaeron (with dps doing aoe offheals on feuds), Atramedes.
    It MAY be difficult, but definetly do-able.

on Cho-gall DPS is really essential and trivalizes the fight, I run 2 rogues, 1 hunter, 1 ele shaman, 1 destro lock, 1 fire mage as dps, the range on add, rogues stay on boss full time, we push p3 right after the third fester blood and he drops before our corruption reaches the greater 50-60 level. Just make sure interrupts are done properly, high worship stack + double healer mind controlled = asking for a quick wipe, practise makes perfect.

GL.

Like others have said It doesn't matter if you run two or three. My guild pushes chogall with 3 healers easily. Our first few attempts however went very poorly because we had too much dps switching to adds. Check to see if that is the same problem because that will make it feel like you are taking to long.

We leave two fury warriors full time on the boss. Our range to cc/kill adds are demo lock, moonkin, hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    well for our 10m's we usually roll
    Tanks - 2 warrior
    DPS ranged - (depending on the days) Mage, Boomkin, Warlock (occasionally a hunter) (SP when he dps on certain fights)
    melee - 1-2 warrior fury, feral druid
    Healers - Shaman, paladin, and a Off healer who alternates between bosses depending on our dps needs PRIEST (holy)

So it really depends on the fight weather u 2 or 3 heal it, especially if your raid composition is competent, and what kind of gear they have

My group generally sticks to 3 healers because dps is never the problem. If you feel you need another dps but dont want to lose to much healing you could always run with a shadow priest for the extra heals

My 10man 3heals everything except Argaloth, and even that can be 3healed but it cuts close to enrage timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    My raid runs with 3 healers usually. If there's a boss everyone is comfortable with to the point that the entire raid is experience in avoiding excess damage we'll cut it down to two. Also one of our tanks can flip-flop between tanking and dps.

So far with what I've seen in raids unless mechanics demand 3 healers it's a lot of "don't stand in bad shit" and "don't stand in front of the boss when he's doing bad shit". Once a raid gets fluid in positioning and understanding mechanics to where there isn't so much excess damage, cutting back to 2 healers isn't a big deal. If you have excellent dps though 3 healing is a nice safety net to have especially if you need to pug someone.

2-3 respectively. Depends on the encounter.

Usually we do 3 healers, but some encounters (like Maloriak) might be 2-healable in our setup. We usually have an excessive amount of melee DPS though, compared to ranged DPS. At least we're flexible on the healing setup, we can usually choose between a Holy Priest (me, commonly present), 2 Resto Shammies (one with erratic raid attendance), a Holy Pally (erratic attendance) and a Resto Druid offspec. For tanking we can choose from a Prot Warrior, Prot Pally and Blood DK, each also with a DPS offspec. As DPS we furthermore usually have a Fury War and Unholy / Frost DK, and a Mage. The Resto Druid is commonly in her Boomkin form, putting us at two ranged DPS. As an aside, we have no Rogues or Hunters (that one only sometimes), and we get boatloads of AGI items dropping ... quite annoying. But our stack of Maelstrom Crystals builds up nicely I guess.

Deleted
    On normal mode content in 10man we use 2 healers except for Cho'gall, Nefarian, Throne of the Four Winds Holy priest and Holy Paladin pretty much and having boomkin/shaman with healing OS. The healer setup may vary on your level of gear and setup since 10man is very demanding on that part. But yeah, 2 heal is good if you're a tight group executing and communicating well and make every use to relieve each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    We use 2 or 3 healers, depending on the encounter. On Cho'gall we use only 2 and we find it a lot easier that way, even on the mana management aspect.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

2 on Magmaw, Omnomnomnitron, maloriak, atramedes, Valiona/theralion, cho'gall

(Two is probably do-able on Halfus and council too, wouldn't know though havent tried halfus on normal in a while, and council never really came to mind)

Edit: Has anyone tried 2 healing Chimaeron WITHOUT atleast 1 paladin healer? If possible i'd imagine it being very very hard.
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-03-05 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    2 on Magmaw, Omnomnomnitron, maloriak, atramedes, Valiona/theralion, cho'gall

(Two is probably do-able on Halfus and council too, wouldn't know though havent tried halfus on normal in a while, and council never really came to mind)

Edit: Has anyone tried 2 healing Chimaeron WITHOUT atleast 1 paladin healer? If possible i'd imagine it being very very hard.
    Halfus is two-healable, but it isn't necessary. We two-heal Council as well, since we need the extra dps.
    I don't think Chimaeron is intended to be two-healed, and I don't really feel like trying it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    3, but 2 is enough for all normals bar Nef after they are on farm. Some of the normal bosses are solo healable in T11 gear imho.

Deleted
    2 usually for normals, tho we still use 3 on some fights. 3 on all hc bosses

Ive been in 2 raids, both use 3 healers.

1st: Disc Priest (me), Resto Shaman, Holy Pally/Resto Shaman
    2nd: Disc Priest (me), Holy Pally, Resto Druid

(I MISS MEH MANA TIDES!)

we use 3 healers, i feel that in terms of hps we could use 2, but our mana would probably run out, even with the additional dps. currently we cover eachothers heals when we get low.

3 healers usually, even though we have 2-healed Maloriak. We use a resto shaman (me), resto druid and a disc/holy priest. Thinking about 2-healing Cho'gall though, we lack a bit of dps. Otherwise going ok, only cho'gall and nef left to kill.