Help me improve my ui!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vF8XAOOFJ4 - 720p HD
    please give me any suggestions that might help me improve my ui and also i need help on those 2 following manners:
    1. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...raiticons.aspx
    i need a way to make this addon show default icons or making me choose what icon for NONE players so like pets and mobs and neutral units or anyone that is not a player and doesnt have a class will show as it normally shows, anyone knows how to do it? can upload it? tell me how to do it? give me a guide for something like it?
    2.I need a working dark sim on focus macro(without changing any settings just a macro) that will cast the dark simmed ability and dark sim on focus if i press shift

Since i needed to change a lot of things so i can finally get rid of the old big clustry ui on here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-more-annoying .

some info about it:
    Altough it doesnt SEEM like it i have a ton of macros like over 26 macros which you can not see cause i named them all " " so it wont show any name and got the #showtooltip so it will act like normal buttons.
    Addon List:
    Code:
    AAV
    ACP
    Auctionator
    Bagnon
    Bagnon_Config
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade
    ButtonFacade_Caith
    CantHealYou
    Clean and repair
    CombatCaps
    DispelBorder
    ErrorFilter
    FontDamageChanger
    Gladius
    GTFO
    InspectFix
    LoseControl
    MikScrollingBattleText
    MoveAnything
    MSBTOptions
    NecroticTrack
    Omen
    OmniCC
    OmniCC_Config
    Postal
    PowerAuras
    Prat-3.0
    Prat-3.0_Libraries
    Quartz
    RaidBuffStatus
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    Reforgenator
    Restarter
    SatrinaBuffFrame
    SBFOptions
    SexyMap
    SnowfallKeyPress
    SpellAlerter
    TidyPlates
    TidyPlatesHub
    TidyPlates_Neon
    TidyPlates_Quatre
    TipTac
    TipTacOptions
    TomTom
    WowDings
    DBM
    All comments will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Talentbdf; 2011-03-05 at 06:32 AM.

You already posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    You already posted this.
    i did? can you link it? i remmeber posting it in the eu forums but not on here lol i may have forgotten tho

10+ Year Old Account
    He posted it in the addons help thread
    i'm not a mod, but tech. this isn't double positng, just putting it somewhere else * frontpage * so he can get an answer
    On-topic- sorry but i cant be of much help- i don't use any special uis, just Unitrames

Throw useless stuff out of action bars like blacksmith instead get some focus casting in it (focus death grip, focus kick)
    The square that shows debuffs put it ont he right side of your char, seeing your char and the opponent inf ront of you as melee is friggin importante
    get rid of blizzard unit frames or at least put them in the middle

put gladius where you can easily klick for target swap and where you cna see it (so you can foxus cast sheep etc)

other than that its cool, overloaded uis are crap

if you wanna go all fancy just pic tucui or the other popular (top 5 on wowinterface)

some addon to put your buffs somewhere where you can see them whouldnt be that abd either

Deleted
    When you have things like Frost Nova on you, with the timer over your char, I would defo move that away so you can see a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Throw useless stuff out of action bars like blacksmith instead get some focus casting in it (focus death grip, focus kick)
    The square that shows debuffs put it ont he right side of your char, seeing your char and the opponent inf ront of you as melee is friggin importante
    get rid of blizzard unit frames or at least put them in the middle

put gladius where you can easily klick for target swap and where you cna see it (so you can foxus cast sheep etc)

other than that its cool, overloaded uis are crap

if you wanna go all fancy just pic tucui or the other popular (top 5 on wowinterface)

some addon to put your buffs somewhere where you can see them whouldnt be that abd either
    altough it doesnt SEEM like it i have a ton of macros like over 26 macros which you can not see cause i named them all " " so it wont show any name and got the #showtooltip so it will act like normal buttons, can you elaborate about the debuff and where i should put blizz unit frames and the raid frames?
    (i will list my addons in a sec)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticCookie View Post
    Shadowed Unit Frames (or any other unit frames addon) to put player, target, target's target, focus, focus target, party, party target, arena, arena target frames to wherever you like and configure displayed information. Do you give a damn about opposed team names? Indeed, you don't. With unit frames addon, you can, for example, put class and hp% to the health bar and max power (to see if that paladin holy or retri) and power % at the power bar.

Minimap Button Frame to get rid of all the buttons on the minimap. And yeah, a minimap addon wouldn't hurt aswell.

Magic Runes - I honestly don't understand how can others play with the default runes UI. It's terrible.

Elkano's BuffBars to track important buffs and debuff either on you or on your target.

Once you will add those addons, configure them for your liking and then will get in common with them, you will feel the difference.
    where do you suggest i would put my target/focus/player/raid/chat frames?
    also i do use minimap addon... sexymap
    oww and where to put the magic runes?

As for the placement of your unitframes, a pretty common layout seen in many compilations is in the lower half of the screen with the player and target frames on opposite sides of your character.
    The aim of that is to have them near where you should be watching, such as for hazards at your feet and your action bars/timers.
    Target of Target is often a smaller frame near (often above or below) your target frame, and maybe focus either in the middle of those two or your player/target frame as applicable, particularly depending on the focus you wish to place on your pet (if applicable) frame.

get tukui original or it's variants... it'll give you a headache at first... but as you sit on your chair and go... "oooooh..." you'll start to love it...

I personally like Doc's runes the most out of all the rune addons. DDR also tracks diseases quite nicely.

As for your general UI, I would recommend moving your unit frames somewhere under your character, so your eyes spend less time moving back and forth.

This is my DK's UI, hardly perfect as he's an alt, but I like where I placed my player frame, runes, and target frame. The screeny doesn't show the target frame, but it's just opposite the player frame. I like to attach ToT to the target frame. This shows what I like to do with my SBT and ToT.

I personally don't like TukUI, because the customization is limited without tweaks to the LUA.

You should start with fixing your resolution, you're probably not using a resolution that fits your screen and the game is all stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerah View Post
    You should start with fixing your resolution, you're probably not using a resolution that fits your screen and the game is all stretched.
    my resulotion is low and its because i have a small screen so i cant make it any higher yet it fits perfectly its just because its not build for widescreen resolution.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, he's referring to the fact that your minimap and actionbuttons aren't square - they're rectangular - which suggests that you're using a standard width resolution on a widescreen monitor.

Check your screen's manual to find out what it's "Native Resolution" is, and then set WoW to use that exact resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Actually, he's referring to the fact that your minimap and actionbuttons aren't square - they're rectangular - which suggests that you're using a standard width resolution on a widescreen monitor.

Check your screen's manual to find out what it's "Native Resolution" is, and then set WoW to use that exact resolution.
    as i mentioned b4 i have a really small screen.....