Resto Druid just curious.

Hey I am a long time reader of these forums and the reads are quite good.

Firstly:

I raid 8/13 H in 25 mans and I was just wondering if any of the smart druid minds on this forum could check out my character and let me know if i am doing anything I shouldn't be.
    My bracer enchant is the 50spirit one as I am waiting on the heroic ones from Chimaeron.

Here is my armory: us. battle. net /wow/en/character/khazgoroth/shiftere/advanced
    - sorry cannot link yet

Secondly:

I know it has been asked before and I know the same answer keeps popping up regarding the Next breakpoint for LB in that it gets reset too often to benefit from the additional tick. My question is is it worth capping the next LB tick (i have enough 'over' haste to do this easily). The reason i ask is with the extra tick in the set timer this would maen that LB ticks would be going off faster on the tank and in ToL form the raid healing would be slightly higher.

Thankyou

Questions:

1. Are you struggling with mana?
    You've reforged a lot of gear to have spirit on it and are using 2/3 Furor. If you need the mana then perhaps it's a worthwhile investment. But at the very least, you might want to consider switching those points in Furor over to Genesis.

2. Do you tank heal often?
    I find that to be unlikely. And if you don't, the points you have in Naturalist might be better spent in Nature's Bounty, since a critting Regrowth is far more useful to a raid healer than a fast-cast Nourish or Healing Touch.

3. Are you geared and gemmed that way for the 2005 haste cap for WG?
    You have several blue pieces, which seem odd considering the few heroic epics you also possess. You might be able to keep the 2005 haste cap even if you replace those blue pieces of gear. You have a Int/Mastery gem in your belt that might be better off as an Int/Haste gem. You can reforge your chest, the VP back and the Chimaeron wrist to gain more haste, and (possibly with a few other reforged items) you should still be at the haste cap. Having lower item level gear just for the haste cap is a really bad idea since higher ilvl = more int.

As far as your question about the LB haste-breakpoint, I think I can safely say there's no reason at all to go for it. You'll gain more throughput from Mastery and Crit than from that extra haste. And as you seem to already know, LB scales linearly with haste, so breakpoints for LB are meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah shifty i remember you.. if you want to discuss anything resto druid like i am always keen for a chat im on frostmourne now under the name flyex feel free to contact me anytime.

The lifebloom breakpoint works well if your rolling lb's in tol and letting them bloom, it means you will get the extra tick within the same amount of time, so yes the ticks are faster. Other than that just stick to going for wild growth and rejuvenation breakpoints if you can.

Dendreks questions are all of what i was going to ask. I will help out were i can when they are answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Questions:

1. Are you struggling with mana?
    You've reforged a lot of gear to have spirit on it and are using 2/3 Furor. If you need the mana then perhaps it's a worthwhile investment. But at the very least, you might want to consider switching those points in Furor over to Genesis.

2. Do you tank heal often?
    I find that to be unlikely. And if you don't, the points you have in Naturalist might be better spent in Nature's Bounty, since a critting Regrowth is far more useful to a raid healer than a fast-cast Nourish or Healing Touch.

3. Are you geared and gemmed that way for the 2005 haste cap for WG?
    You have several blue pieces, which seem odd considering the few heroic epics you also possess. You might be able to keep the 2005 haste cap even if you replace those blue pieces of gear. You have a Int/Mastery gem in your belt that might be better off as an Int/Haste gem. You can reforge your chest, the VP back and the Chimaeron wrist to gain more haste, and (possibly with a few other reforged items) you should still be at the haste cap. Having lower item level gear just for the haste cap is a really bad idea since higher ilvl = more int.

As far as your question about the LB haste-breakpoint, I think I can safely say there's no reason at all to go for it. You'll gain more throughput from Mastery and Crit than from that extra haste. And as you seem to already know, LB scales linearly with haste, so breakpoints for LB are meaningless.
    Hey Dendrek,
    At present I am not stuggling with mana and I will generally switch into a spec with Genesis 1/3 as I have found it the most stable during farm fights. I do however have 2/3 in Furor at the moment due to progression content and I want as minimal chance of running out of mana as possible. With 2/3 in Furor I am aware that I have a lot of “over regeneration” then what I need but as I always say, better safe than sorry on progression.
    With the way we run our raids we usually have two resto druids in at once and the tanks are HoT’d up 90% of the time. Usually the MT with double LB rolling. So as to your question. No, I don’t tank heal that often, but I will however spam Nourish/HT on the main tank with HoTs as a filler.
    Regarding placing points in Naturalist to Nature’s Bounty. I have tried this before and for the times that a Nourish spam or HT come up that 0.5seconds extra on the cast was just too annoying to lose so I decided to stick with Naturalist. I do however agree that the +40% on Regrowth would be more beneficial as far as the raid is concerned but for now with a lot of harder progression fights coming up I would prefer being able to get that “life-saving heal” of 0.5 seconds faster.
    You have asked why I am geared/gemmed this way. Yes it is for the 2005 WG breakpoint. As mentioned previously in other threads outside of breakpoints haste becomes less valuable in comparison to other stats such as mastery and crit. Because I have reached the 2005+ breakpoint I have focused my gear on gemming crit to spirit/mastery or spare haste to spirit/mastery. I guess I chose to reforge certain items to spirit as extra regen to be on the safe side.
    The two blue items that I have are the Bracers from H BRD and the Cloak from H HoO. I am still wearing these bracers as I am waiting on the heroic ones from Chimaeron which I should get very shortly. My cloak however is a result of the one from Val/Thera always dropping on a week to week basis so it is only a matter of time. I do agree with you that I would be better off replacing said items for higher I-level pieces for the extra Int.
    The Int/Mastery gem in my belt is a result of having +20 haste that I could afford to drop and remain above 2005 haste. Keeping above the haste cap at present is easily sustainable.
    Re: LB tick
    Yea that is what I thought so. Being that we refresh it so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye View Post
    ah shifty i remember you.. if you want to discuss anything resto druid like i am always keen for a chat im on frostmourne now under the name flyex feel free to contact me anytime.

The lifebloom breakpoint works well if your rolling lb's in tol and letting them bloom, it means you will get the extra tick within the same amount of time, so yes the ticks are faster. Other than that just stick to going for wild growth and rejuvenation breakpoints if you can.

Dendreks questions are all of what i was going to ask. I will help out were i can when they are answered.
    Hey Rejuv long time no see. How have you been mate? I’ll hop over to frostmourne and have a chat to you sometime soonish.
    --------------------------------------------
    Hope my answers are what you are looking for. Look forward to hearing from you and anyone else again.
    Last edited by Shiftere08; 2011-03-06 at 06:00 AM.

I seem to have caught you in some Moonkin gear (can't imagine the Volcano card is very useful for resto :P) but I will say that you might as well reforge ~45 haste to mastery. I think you should give Genesis another shot in a progression fight, unless you feel really uncomfortable with your mana. Also, Perseverance can be worth moving a couple of points into on some fights. Other than that, your gear and your spec are pretty much impeccable. Is there some specific issue you're worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by southdetroit View Post
    I seem to have caught you in some Moonkin gear (can't imagine the Volcano card is very useful for resto :P) but I will say that you might as well reforge ~45 haste to mastery. I think you should give Genesis another shot in a progression fight, unless you feel really uncomfortable with your mana. Also, Perseverance can be worth moving a couple of points into on some fights. Other than that, your gear and your spec are pretty much impeccable. Is there some specific issue you're worried about?
    Sorry about that. Logged off in Balance gear accidentally. With my guild doing H Nef and the other final bosses soon i'm finding that keeping furor is the safest option but yea I do agree that speccing into Genesis is worth it.