Thread: Disc @ 4.1 PTR

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Disc @ 4.1 PTR

Just been on the PTR testing the new Atonement heals via Holy Fire and im pretty impressed.

Not only do you get an initial heal but a residual HoT is then placed on the target for the duration of HF.

I actually just frapsed my try on the Target dummy...you can see in the Vid that I had an initial Crit Heal of 19k from Holy Fire and residual HoT ticks of around 300 - 500 [some crits] which all stacked upto a nice DA shield of around 8.5k

Pretty Nice.
    Last edited by mmoc6e3ed00ec5; 2011-03-05 at 02:16 PM.

Yeah, combined with Glyph of Smite, Holy Fire is very, very nice for Atonement now. It's got a much shorter cast time, much less mana cost, and heals for more, as well as giving a buff to the next 3 smites (unless you have a shitton of haste, then 4 smites) you cast! I like :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    yea im pretty happy with it - just did ZA on the PTR and its pretty powerfull /love the ZA music

wtb the hot healing for more

Deleted
    Its so sad you folks fall for the lame and lousy excuse of a buff...

They nerf disc in 4.1 for like 50% and buff us 3% a week later and you all cheer and think we got buffed ?

No wonder so many people start leaving WoW if the metal capabilities are this low...............

I would love to see allthe people cheering about this buff in real life......

Imagine your boss pays you 50% less a month, but then offers 5$ raise after 2 weeks, if you fall for that shit too you deserve it :-)
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2011-03-06 at 01:33 AM.

metal capabilities?

Either way Disc was really OP there for a while. The nerf to PW:S manacost was needed, and Disc is finally in a good place now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atonement is fun, anything that makes it better is cool :]

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    They nerf disc in 4.1 for like 50% and buff us 3% a week later and you all cheer and think we got buffed ?
    Hrm...where is this "50% nerf" of which you speak? I seem to be unable to find it in the patch notes:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Divine Aegis duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 12.
    Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
    Holy Fire damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than Smite.
    Holy Word: Sanctuary has a new spell effect.
    Inner Will and Inner Fire now last until canceled.
    Mind Sear damage has been doubled.
    Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.
    Talent Specializations

Discipline

Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.
    Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
    Power Word: Barrier's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%.
    It is now possible to remove Weakened Soul effects that were a result of another priest's Power Word: Shield through Strength of Soul.

Holy

Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.

Glyphs

Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileta View Post
    metal capabilities?

Either way Disc was really OP there for a while. The nerf to PW:S manacost was needed, and Disc is finally in a good place now.
    You obviously NEVER even logged onto the PTR otherwise you wouldnt post such s........

PW:B nerfed into being very very situational.

PW:S duration nerfed by 50% which makes it USELESS for preshielding unless there are predictable damg spikes, which normally ONLY happen to the tank.

3 more secs on DA ? MOst absurd and pathetic buff to a utterly useless and broken talent they might have come up with.
    Oh no wait............. a buff to Holy Fire a spell only of minor interest of the FEW atonement disc players.

I am pretty sure 90% of the devs are NEW to the game cause the former ones left to develop the "Shiny, new" mmorpg blizzard develops.
    Otherwise you cant really understand the recent history of absurd and pathetic hotfixes, patches repatches rerepatches etc.

I play RIFT and guess what almost ALL players i talk to left WoW because they feel the devs are f.... the game up since cata, and i bet blizzard does see a heavy drop in subs recently.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Hrm...where is this "50% nerf" of which you speak?
    He may speaks of the 30 to 15 secs duration of the PW:S. However, it's not a real nerf, it just make DiscPriest think if target really need a Shield now. At the moment, it's more like "I buff everyone when the shield drops. No matter if he doesn't take damage."

So yeah, there will be some nerfs for this spec, but I think it'll make it in line with other healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Hrm...where is this "50% nerf" of which you speak? I seem to be unable to find it in the patch notes:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.

DO the maths

And of course having a mastery that buffs ONE spell which is nerfed time after time again into being a very situational and expensive one is just lousy design.

And spare me the DA routine , DA is just crap apart from PoH cause its completely random and 99% of all time a total waste on anyone apart from a tank.
    ANY OTHER healer mastery is thousand times better than disc mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2011-03-06 at 01:56 AM.

DO the maths
    That's not a 50% nerf, it just means you can't spam power word:shield like an idiot and actually think about how you use them.

DO the maths
    Way to make yourself look like a complete moron, several times.

Deleted
    DO the maths
    Dude, thats a duration nerf. It's only gonna be a big deal if your using your shields without any thought. How many fights do you think " Hmm, theres gonna be some damage in 20 seconds on this guy, lets shield him now. " We don't even have the mana to play shields that way anymore really. If you use your shields well it will barely make a difference.

You guys are all so dumb priests got nerfed into the ground. PW:Shield should last for 2 days and absorb infinite damage. And i should be able to call down a magical unicorn to 1shot all of my enemies because that would be fair!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiest View Post
    Dude, thats a duration nerf. It's only gonna be a big deal if your using your shields without any thought. How many fights do you think " Hmm, theres gonna be some damage in 20 seconds on this guy, lets shield him now. " We don't even have the mana to play shields that way anymore really. If you use your shields well it will barely make a difference.

Its pretty obvious you dont really understand disc mechanics.............
    ANY shield NOT absorbing 100% is a WASTE of mana, and guess what , in 15 secs most shields wont get used completely apart from predictable aoe spikes which accordingto blizzard SHALL be handled with PoH and PW:B because we shall not spam PW:S before aoe damg...........

15+ Year Old Account
    PW:S duration nerfed by 50% which makes it USELESS for preshielding unless there are predictable damg spikes, which normally ONLY happen to the tank.
    I think what you meant to say was "which happens on every single fight in this raid tier"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I think what you meant to say was "which happens on every single fight in this raid tier"
    On heroic modes maybe but NOT in normal modes.

AND balancing a game around maybe 15% of ALL players doing heroics and nerfing 85% of the players because those 15% feel bored is bad design..

And blizzard already sees players canceling their subs because of that weird policy.

Deleted
    Atonement is fun, anything that makes it better is cool :]
    I disagree. I hope they don't make Atonement too viable.

Its pretty obvious you dont really understand disc mechanics.............
    ANY shield NOT absorbing 100% is a WASTE of mana, and guess what , in 15 secs most shields wont get used completely apart from predictable aoe spikes which accordingto blizzard SHALL be handled with PoH and PW:B because we shall not spam PW:S before aoe damg...........
    im pretty sure that PW:s absorbs a SET amount and im pretty sure that a single boss does more than 22k dmg in a single attack soooo does not matter if shields duration is halved, just use it before pull and it absorbs dmg like it should