Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question RPGs - Race choice

How often do you choose to play as non-human race if humans are present in the game world?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

every time, unless thats all you can play. I am human, no point playing what I am.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Same here. Unless they have a compelling storyline behind them; I will go to the more fantasy based or "out there" races. I also tend to not go for the smaller or scrawnier races unless heavily motivated to do so. It is a bit strange when I think about it.

Blademaster
    If I have a choice, I NEVER play human, why should you play a race you already are in real life? I like being something different than what I already am.

Anything that looks evil really. No point in looking human.

I always play Elf if it's available. Humans in fantasy games never interest me. Unless they have some creative gimmick other then the typical European medieval theme.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    How often do you choose to play as non-human race if humans are present in the game world?
    always

I already got a human in RL so playing a human sounds pretty boring tbh.

I always play human. i dont know why, just like them better

I go for the race that has better animations and something unique to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meholy View Post
    I go for the race that has better animations and something unique to it.
    Pretty much this, i like having nice animations.

I'd go human-like but slightly different and more pretty (Elves), or completely non-human that looks evil or just makes the equipment look bigger, better, and more bad-ass (EVERYTHING is bigger on a Tauren.....^_^).

I always play Human, they mostly always seem the best to play, and being an old hardcore pen and paper DnD fan, i just couldn't pass up an extra feat and skill point of First Level.

Also, when i "role-play" in games, i like to think im the character, as in im me, but with the abilities of the class i choose, TRUE STORY.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Always human...and for all of you saying, "I'm already human lulz"

Yeah, you are...when's the last time you killed a dragon? Never? Oh, okay. Last time you shot fire out of your hands? Really, not once? Did anything interesting at all? I see.

Perhaps their is a difference, then.

Only difference is they look like you - which, let's face it, they really don't most of the time. You're not a great warrior or an old wizard. You're not even some jackass with a sword.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2011-03-05 at 05:06 PM.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I love Elves and Humans in most RPGs, it depends on the options and features specific to each race.

Just one rule - NEVER a Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Always human...and for all of you saying, "I'm already human lulz"

Yeah, you are...when's the last time you killed a dragon? Never? Oh, okay. Last time you shot fire out of your hands? Really, not once? Did anything interesting at all? I see.

Perhaps their is a difference, then.

Only difference is they look like you - which, let's face it, they really don't most of the time. You're not a great warrior or an old wizard. Yo7u're not even some jackass with a sword.
    Pretty sure thats why it's called a game, You can choose to be what you wish. Some of us just would rather not be a Human in a game is all.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

I usually don't pick humans, but I would gladly pick a human before I ever played a dwarf, gnome, halfling, etc.

I don't like little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Pretty sure thats why it's called a game, You can choose to be what you wish. Some of us just would rather not be a Human in a game is all.
    And that's fine. But that's the reason for playing 'what you already are'.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

It all depends on their abilities. As far a WoW, goes, I have a strong like for Blood Elves, because Arcane Torrent gets me resources and another interrupt. In RIFT, I like the Eth (Defiant Humans) because they have a 70% speed boos on a 2 minute cooldown. In D&D, I tend to gravitate toward Human for the bonus feat.

In short, I play Human as often as their abilities are good.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgokux4 View Post
    (EVERYTHING is bigger on a Tauren.....^_^).
    That's what she said. ^_^
    Last edited by Crusader Vermiliel Mauritius Dawnguardian; 2011-03-05 at 05:22 PM.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

It depends in oblvion i tended to be an imperial but in morrowind i was a dark elf, and in DAO i was a human so it just depends on whether ot not i like the nonhuman models
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

I always go for the big fat guy, trolls and giants n stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    I've always pictured DKs as people who bind all the buttons on their keyboard to some kind of /randomcast macro and just slam their face into it.