Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    @Mofogo when people say they don't taunt bosses they mean raid bosses like Magmaw or Halfus. Army still taunts heroic bosses like Steelbender and any normal / elite mobs. People used to be afraid to use army because it used to taunt raid bosses, while good it also had it's bad side.

Well, beside visual effects, I think it dont need a change, also take a look here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=42650
    now, lets take a closer look:
    Effect #2 Apply Aura: Mod % Damage Taken (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
    Value: -50

The damage on them is fine, it could have a cooler visual though

Now taking an even closer look, I find this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86659
    Effect #3 Apply Aura: Mod % Damage Taken (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
    Value: -50
    It have the same effect as GoTK (just a shorter duration)
    And after its finished, it improves ure DPS.
    "Im frost, I dont need to tank!" - But you still need to survive. You could pop this as nef is about to use crackles or w/e its called.
    Last edited by Shanto94; 2011-03-08 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    "Im frost, I dont need to tank!" - But you still need to survive. You could pop this as nef is about to use crackles or w/e its called.
    Yeah the offtank handling the adds will pretty sure thank you a lot. You should definitely try that out at ~25% of your first hc attempt to phase 3 with all people alive.
    Hint: Don't do that.

Next to last boss in lost city (the one with the fire/shadow bird)

i can pop army as the black bird is dieing and absolutely zero damage does out from 50% till death.

if i remember correctly ghouls recieve their stats from you, so if you're a badass tank with a 15% buff, they are going to be badass too

considering they do ~12k dps when they're up in a raid, i think it's a pretty nice thing to use @ the pull

also, decent tank CD... not rly worth a lot of stuff in pvp imo though

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    considering they do ~12k dps when they're up in a raid, i think it's a pretty nice thing to use @ the pull

In which world do ~80k damage over 35sek result into 12k dps ? I agree on the tank cd though for casts at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post

Army does 12k dps? I must have been living under a rock this whole time.

As for the tank CD, very useful as long as there are no adds which need to be moved reliably (Nef, Maloriak).

its kind of useless because they taunt but, if they didnt auto taunt it would be a big dps increase for dks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

I don't think they are useless even though they taunt, it's just all about the timing of when it's the best time to use it taking into consideration that they do taunt non raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by trickster0306 View Post
    its kind of useless because they taunt but, if they didnt auto taunt it would be a big dps increase for dks
    I'd rather let them keep the taunt but remove the damage component altogether and give them a slight hp boost instead for soloing/5 man instances. At the end of the day they only deal between 80k and 90k which is well...not really much anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster0306 View Post
    Depending on the fight, they won't taunt, Army of the dead has no Threat table above level 83 ( wrath ) and 87 ( Cata ) Meaning they will taunt most every thing in every run UNTIL you get to raids, in which they will simply attack the target, not a lot of people seem to know this, and often rage when they see you pulling it at the begining of a fight,

tl/dr Its a DPS boost sure, by how much.. meh.. they hit for around 800 last time i saw

its best use for me is if the tank dies in a heroic, i pop that, ghouls, ghouls everywhere. distracts the mobs to allow us to dps them down and let the healer take a breather and collect themselves, or if the tanks soulstoned allows them to be healed up.

Its basically a free so many seconds to allow us to come back from a rare trash wipe.

Most commonly used in throne of tides and grim batol.

Army of the Dead is awsome! 5 seconds before raid boss pull = army for extra DPS. Party is hosed on a boss (or sometimes trash) in a heroic and your tank bites it... Army of the Dead and go for the gold. Hunter headed at you in PvP? Army and watch him head in a different direction. Bored? Army and dance for an audience!

Also, if your unholy and you don't want to toast your pet for a ghoul sac to regain life, you can target a zombie from your army for the same effect.

pretty sure ghouls get their stats from the summoner, so in a heroic when i'm the tank with 15% buff and i pop army they will almost always stay alive their full duration unless theres an aoe going out.

i pop it on certain bosses at 50% and enjoy zero dmg going out for the rest of the fight

Army of the Dead does indeed take a snapshot of your stats when summoned. It's the same as most pets in the game now, the percentages or damage they do is off your stats at the time when summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehonuangel17 View Post
    Army of the Dead does indeed take a snapshot of your stats when summoned. It's the same as most pets in the game now, the percentages or damage they do is off your stats at the time when summoned.
    Temporary pets*.

Regular pets change stats with yours, except for buffs, as they get the same buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    it has its moments, but pvp isnt its strong point

its saved my groups from a wipe numerous times in heroics and iv found it very useful on fights that dont have an aggro table, i.e. last bosses of vortex pin and lost city of tolvir
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I really only pop it for bosses in instances when allowed
    and boss in AV or when I want to save time in WSG with the flag to distract the enemy and AB until someone else can help me D

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be useful in PvE fights. On heroic bosses, you can use it when the tank dies in order to buy your group like 10s-15s. If you're a DPS spec, you can also use it to tank elite quest mobs while you beat on them.

I was able to solo Tank (the shark in TB) as UH by summoning these guys to keep him off me while I took him down. Same thing for Problim.

All in all, I think they're useful.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama