Thread: Protadin help

Protadin help

Hey, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Protadin. Hes my main and I want to get him raiding soon, however I dont think hes gemmed correctly, and idk about reforges. If I could get advice on gear, reforging, gems, and talents it would be much appreciated. Below is my armory link.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elder/advanced
    Pallys FTW

for all that is holy do not gem straight stam.

match blue sockets with stam if you want, but yellow should be mastery / stam or straight mastery. red should be parry / stam or straight parry.

you want to focus more on mitigation then stam. whether thats parry / dodge or mastery is up to you. but i blv mastery is still best atm.

your reforging seems decent, i saw mostly X - mastery. also, try and keep dodge and parry at even levels, due to diminishing returns.
    armor to cloak chant, mastery to gloves, mastery or stam / run speed on boots, dodge to bracers are the chants you will want.

that covers some basics ( i dont have much time to post right now ) if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

good luck
    Last edited by Rekx; 2011-03-06 at 03:48 AM.

just checking your profile and i have some points to make:

1. drop herbalism, get alchemy, its a VERY strong trinket, actually BiS due to the very good mix of staming paired with alot of mastery
    2. get baradin exalted and get the mastery/resistance trinket, it provides tons of mastery
    3. get the craftable hardened chest and belt. especially the belt is very good, its almost as good as the omnitron non heroic belt
    4. if you can afford it, get windwalk on your weapon. depending on your drop luck you will carry it for a while (upgrades are valiona agilty sword or maloriak mace)
    5. as rekx already stated you want to go for mastery to push non mitigated hits off the combat table. so use mastery/stam gems in blue sockets, instead of mastery only
    6. get a proper spec. your spec is some mix of aoe/single target spec, leaving the most useful thing about prot palas untalanted -> RAID BUBBLE (aka divine guardian). usually you dont need aoe tanking abilites in raids, or just for very few encounters (maloriak if you tank the adds, nef, halfus etc.). aoe tanking is done by other classes usually, since they're much better at it than prot. 0/31/10 is the way to go, speccing pursuit of justice aswell, 15% permanent runspeed are awesome
    7. your glyphs suck, you seem to have healer glyphs in there. first of all your prime glyphs, as i said, go away from the aoe glyphs, so get rid of the hammer of the righterous glyph, get crusader strike +5% crit instead, it's out main attack on bosses. 2nd one is seal of truth, it gives you 10 points (not rating!) in expertise and its your aggro seal. the last one is up to you, shield of the righterous/judgement dmg glyph. the major glyphs can bei ascetic crusader/rebuke mana reduce/lay on hands cd reduce/holy wrath stun/focused shield (for boss tanking)/dazing shield for add tanking

that should cover the most points, dont worry to much about stamina, having a 40% shield wall up all the time is much more better and easier to heal. when you come to hardmodes like chogall and few others where you need a large hp pool, you will notice it