10+ Year Old Account

Minimizing Damage Taken on V&T (melee)

I noticed I am consistently second in damage taken during Valiona and Theralion (normal). I play an enhancement shaman. While I am not taking too much more damage than the next highest raiders I am taking a bit more (mostly I think during p1). I spread out for shadowbolts as best I can but it seems people are always stepping on my /range (or I on theirs I suppose). For tonight I already plan to talk with my melee about spreading a bit better, but I'm wondering if there isn't something I'm missing that is causing me to take too much damage. The other possibility is that I am usually among the last raiders alive so that may account for it as well.

During p1 I try and keep /range 8 and promptly collapse and split for Blackout. During p2 I stack with my camp and stay out of deep breath and fab flames. Besides that I can't see what else I can do to avoid damage. Any advice? Got them to 2 percent last night I really just want them to die.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    just make sure ur melle take a leg each ?
    group up on blackount at the tail...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    We managed to nail it with 5 melee + a tank, without overlapping with the fireballs so it's not to hard. Speccing into shamanistic rage does help quite abit and also allows for a free healing rain if you have room for it in your rotation(though this is not really needed). Wait with running so you're not standing there waiting for your ranged or healers to join. valonia's breath should NEVER hit you. during the breath remain spread.

In phase 2 pop sham rage aswell, stay properly stacked, move out of pools if they spawn on you, obviously avoid deep breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    We managed to nail it with 5 melee + a tank, without overlapping with the fireballs so it's not to hard. Speccing into shamanistic rage does help quite abit and also allows for a free healing rain if you have room for it in your rotation(though this is not really needed). Wait with running so you're not standing there waiting for your ranged or healers to join. valonia's breath should NEVER hit you. during the breath remain spread.

In phase 2 pop sham rage aswell, stay properly stacked, move out of pools if they spawn on you, obviously avoid deep breath.
    Yeah i use shammy rage liberally and drop my aoe heal when i have mw procs if i see raid damage is high. I think what you said about waiting to collapse for Blackout may be right on. I am usually first or second to the tail which means I am standing there soaking the most shadowbolts as I wait for the stackup and dispel. I'll try getting there a bit later so I can arrive at the same time as heals and ranged and maybe not soak too many. Good advice, thanks.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I will try this tonight. In the guide I saw I didn't see anything about dodging them and nobody has mentioned it in my raid group. Thanks.
    "Brevity is...wit"