10+ Year Old Account

Lightwell USe Macro

Is there any way to macro clicking a lightwell so that hitting the macro will use the lightwell as long as you are in range of it? I run with a holy priest who tends to put them in places where people group up (I think so that we see it and are reminded to use it) and it makes clicking it difficult. I usually end up clicking on another toon or two before hitting the lightwell, lose dps time on boss, and by the time I click the damn thing I'm usually healed up.
    "Brevity is...wit"

there are 2 previous topics about this
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjee View Post
    1) Create macro /tar lightwell (put the macro on a bar somewhere and set a keybind for it)
    2) Go into the keybind menu and set a keybind for the "interact with target" funtion
    3) Create a macro /targetlasttarget (and put on a bar and set a keybind for it, or is it in the keybind menu already? meh, either way).

So then you have to hit either 2 or 3 keys in quick succession and it will start the HoT and you will be back on your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. It may just be me...but I have a hard time with the search feature on this site. Usually when I enter my search terms I am faced with a list of threads with titles nothing close to what I'm looking for. This was the case here. The only thread that popped for me that looked like it might help was the ask it macro thread...which is hundreds of posts long.

Looks like the info you posted will turn the trick...if maybe a little clunky.
    "Brevity is...wit"

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We actually just have our priest place the lightwell just to the side of where everyone groups for that very reason.

(well)---(group) like so. Well within click range, but no annoying big characters (I'm looking at you, Taurens and Demo locks in Meta) blocking your click.

It's infinitely easier than having to set up macros, and is only the slightest possible adjustment for the priest.

It's actually a bit MORE visible just off to the side because it's all shiny like BWOOOM HEALZ and not being blocked by various spell effects.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-03-05 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    We actually just have our priest place the lightwell just to the side of where everyone groups for that very reason.

(well)---(group) like so. Well within click range, but no annoying big characters (I'm looking at you, Taurens and Demo locks in Meta) blocking your click.

It's infinitely easier than having to set up macros, and is only the slightest possible adjustment for the priest.
    Yeah I asked her to and she said she would but I think just drops it in the same place anyway out of habit. I'm new to the group and don't want to make waves so I'm just trying to work around it.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Noticing a similar issue with the search.
    It will return threads, but no link to the actual matching posts just to the start of the thread, which in that specific example is not very helpful.

No longer able to click the lightwell via macro
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750