Deleted

Looking for a good heat sink for I7 2600k

I'm building my rig and I'm planning to get the intel I7 2600k, but I don't really know what a good heat sink is for it.

Obviously, I'm going to overclock the CPU to 4.5 Ghz. However, if there is a better heat sink out of there for not too much ectra money that will allow me to get up to 5 Ghz safely, that would ofcourse be appreciated.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-for-i5-2500k
    Same topic, JUST below :P
    And going to 5 GHz is more dependant whether you got a good CPU or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-for-i5-2500k
    Same topic, JUST below :P
    And going to 5 GHz is more dependant whether you got a good CPU or not.
    Well, there are people that went up to 5.1 Ghz with the 2600k and the CPU should theoretically be able to handle 5.7 Ghz. But you'd good cooling for that.

Sorry, wasn't aware of that thread.

OH, bout the heat sink posted in that thread. The site where I'm composing my rig doesn't have that one in their stock. Anyone got any other suggestions?
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-03-06 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Well, there are people that went up to 5.1 Ghz with the 2600k and the CPU should theoretically be able to handle 5.7 Ghz. But you'd good cooling for that.
    I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.
    It depends on the specific copy of the CPU that you land. Not all of them, even in the same batch, will perform the same. It's all down to the specific CPU.
    I can overclock my i5-760 to 4.0GHz on stock-voltages, but I don't expect every other i5-760 to be able to perform that good.

As for CPU-heatsinks, H70, Coolermaster Hyper 212+, any Noctua high-end and of course watercooling.
    Those are the choices that I see people go with. What is your site, perhaps, so that we can check it out?